Rm S1 Camera cable, what kind is it ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wardword
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I was wondering what kind of cable the Robomaster S1 camera is using ?, it looks like USB C but it is not.

I need one that's 12" long instead of this short 1,5" cable that comes with the RM S1 Camera.
2021-3-11
Use props
JohnieBraaf
lvl.2
Netherlands

Maybe you can order a cable set from the website, then cut the cable and get your solder iron heated up ;)
Or the Robomaster EDU might have some longer cables available
2021-3-12
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Canada

JohnieBraaf Posted at 3-12 02:30
Maybe you can order a cable set from the website, then cut the cable and get your solder iron heated up ;)
Or the Robomaster EDU might have some longer cables available

With my luck each cable would be multichannel with microscopic individual channels in each individual wire.

I was hoping perhaps an Osmo product may have the same camera cabling but longer, or something.

I hope they release EDU/EP parts soon for retail soon, that would be awesome !
2021-3-12
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

How many USB C type cables have you tried? There's a lot of variety in this cables. Some are only good for power delivery. Some are only good for slower data speeds.
That said, even with a correct cable, making it a foot long rather than a few inches can cause its own problems. I hope you let us know how it goes if you find an appropriate cable.
2021-3-27
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Canada

Duane Degn Posted at 3-27 10:32
How many USB C type cables have you tried? There's a lot of variety in this cables. Some are only good for power delivery. Some are only good for slower data speeds.
That said, even with a correct cable, making it a foot long rather than a few inches can cause its own problems. I hope you let us know how it goes if you find an appropriate cable.

I've tried several, even ordered a several different USB C types to try them all,  the camera is simply not a USB C type connector.

For example if you take the included cable for the S1's camera, and you unplug it and flip it over and try and plug it back into the same spot, it won't click like it does when in the correct position or seat properly, unlike a USB C that can be plugged in right side up or upside down.
The included cable can only be connected in the exact intended orientation.
Only one side of the connectors internal pins work.
2021-3-30
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Wardword Posted at 3-30 01:35
I've tried several, even ordered a several different USB C types to try them all,  the camera is simply not a USB C type connector.

For example if you take the included cable for the S1's camera, and you unplug it and flip it over and try and plug it back into the same spot, it won't click like it does when in the correct position or seat properly, unlike a USB C that can be plugged in right side up or upside down.

Thanks for the added details about the cable. That's interesting information.
I hope you update us if you find a cable which works with the camera.
I hope you don't mind, I added a link to your comment from my Hackaday project about the S1.
2021-3-30
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Canada

Duane Degn Posted at 3-30 07:43
Thanks for the added details about the cable. That's interesting information.
I hope you update us if you find a cable which works with the camera.
I hope you don't mind, I added a link to your comment from my Hackaday project about the S1.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't mind the post on your site at all, glad to share what I have learned with everyone
2021-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules