DJI FPV - Activation Issues - no App works
2699 9 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kraeuter
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, I bought this 1400€ Device but now habve no possibility to activate it.

Weather the DJI Assistant 2.1 (FPV Series) works (Googles, Drone and Controller get recognised and i can update the firmware - but i get no activation request like seen on guides)
Android App DJI Fly (1.3 Version from dji Website - nothing gets recognised, under connect device there are 3 drones - NO DJI FPV and no activatzion request also

How am i supposed to do this?
This ist really dissapointing for such an expensive toy

I expected something better to be honest
2021-3-12
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There appears to be an issue with Android App, if you have a look through the forum there are workarounds that some have posted.

There is also an issue with Assistant, which will carry out the firmware upgrades but for some reason does not correctly set flags or data in the goggles so it will tell you the firmware is not upto date.

The iOS version of the fly app is what I used to carry out the activation and the firmware update, it worked flawlessly, so as a work around find someone who will let you borrow there's, install the App and carry out the activation and update. OK not ideal but it is a solution until DJI sort out the firmware & Android App issues.

There also seems to be an issue which can lead to all kinds of problems if the drone has not acquired a good GPS lock prior to you activating the drone. In China you have to assign a phone number to your activation. This is not required in Europe (rest of world) but if you start the activation process before the drone has established that it is no longer in China it will cause activation issues.
2021-3-12
Use props
Kraeuter
lvl.1

Germany

thanks for the tip - sadly i dont have an iOS device (to be honest not sadly)
but it's unacceptable that dji start selling this drone with 2 of 3 activation methods not working
none of the forum workaround worked for me, i tried every combination i could find - but i'll try you gps tip (even if the drone was powerded on for 45 minutes - even indoor it should have aquired a valid gps signal)
they should just put a button into the program "activate" - not this stupid maybe i start activation, maybe not process
2021-3-12
Use props
Kraeuter
lvl.1

Germany

little update: i got it activated using someone else's iphone
when connecting to android after it i noticed (other tip from forum here) that it only works if you attach the otg usb adapter NOT to your phone (how a otg is supposed to be used) instead the otg adapter has to be put into the googles - then i could connect it to android too
probabbly activation would have worked this way with android

thats really a apple like move from dji to use standard technology in a non standard way
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_lPPY47XHRgVk
New

United States

You just need to download the DJI fly APK directly from the dji website and it will work. The app currently on the Google play store is out of date
2021-3-12
Use props
stshields91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483635 ft
United States

djiuser_lPPY47XHRgVk Posted at 3-12 17:29
You just need to download the DJI fly APK directly from the dji website and it will work. The app currently on the Google play store is out of date

Where do you download the apk from on the website?  I only see the qr code to take you to the play store.
2021-3-13
Use props
Kraeuter
lvl.1

Germany

stshields91 Posted at 3-13 09:33
Where do you download the apk from on the website?  I only see the qr code to take you to the play store.

click the little android icon over ther version number - that gets you the apk to install
2021-3-14
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The FPV does not show in the app.  The app only connects after the Drone, Goggles and controller have been linked.Even out of the box, if you are having any issues with the app, I would suggest going through linking them all together again.  Then plug your phone in and make sure you are using V1.3.1 or V1.4 of the Fly app.  You will also have to be patient on first connetion as there are some pretty big updates.
2021-4-20
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kraeuter Posted at 3-12 09:48
when connecting to android after it i noticed (other tip from forum here) that it only works if you attach the otg usb adapter NOT to your phone (how a otg is supposed to be used) instead the otg adapter has to be put into the googles - then i could connect it to android too

The OTG cable should only be required for updates and activation, it makes the phone the host instead of the client.

Unfortunately manufactures implement the standard in different ways, many years ago, if you are as old as me, there was an RS232 standard that was only as standard as the connectors used!

Not since the days of RS232 has there been a complete shambles of a standard that is USB-C!

The only thing that’s standard with USB-C is the connector!!

Some Android devices need the adapter, some get confused if the adapter is present, may be automatically switched based on how the data arrives.

Referring to USB-C as a standard is a misnomer.
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_0NoFVZv9SODQ
New

France

Kraeuter Posted at 3-12 09:48
when connecting to android after it i noticed (other tip from forum here) that it only works if you attach the otg usb adapter NOT to your phone (how a otg is supposed to be used) instead the otg adapter has to be put into the googles - then i could connect it to android too

Hi,

If you encounter activation issues ( for your FPV goggles, drone, etc. ), most probably you connected your device and your smartphone with the OTG cable on the wrong end : YOU HAVE TO CONNECT THE OTG CABLE ADAPTOR TO YOUR FPV GOGGLES, and the other end to your smartphone. NOT the other way around !

I struggled long to figure this out, and this trick solved my activation issue.

This should help.

Best regards,

Franck
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules