FPV Goggles V2 Not Binding
13259 18 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a540d64
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Just recieved a set of v2 goggles and they are working witht he DJI Fpv drone.  I have two other drones (One with Caddex Vista and the other DJI Unit).  When I power up the goggles they boot up and show the black screen with DJI Logo and in the bottom right hand side it reads "image transmision signal lost".  Pressing the bind button I hear the beeping.  Pressing the bind button on the caddex and air unit cause them both to display a red led but they never bind.  I have watched youtube videos, read posts etc...Any and all help would be appreciated.

Andy
2021-3-13
Use props
fans8a540d64
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

...two days of struggling with this issue....drone mode! On current firmware scroll to last option under settings and enter fpv mode
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Andy, just to double confirm, you had figured out the issue and got it solved, right? When Goggles V2 connects to the FPV drone, the goggles have to be set to FPV mode, and if it binds to the digital FPV system, it needed to be switched to DJI digital FPV transmission system first.
2021-3-13
Use props
fans8a540d64
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-13 18:06
Hi Andy, just to double confirm, you had figured out the issue and got it solved, right? When Goggles V2 connects to the FPV drone, the goggles have to be set to FPV mode, and if it binds to the digital FPV system, it needed to be switched to DJI digital FPV transmission system first.

Thank you for the reply.  It ended up being two issues (one being the need to switch in FVP view) but the the DJI Air unit camera appears to be bad as the units are binding and I can see data (battery voltage etc.) from the air unit but the camera is not working.  The only thing that shows is the DJI logo.  Caddx is working great as is the DJI Drone.  

Andy
2021-3-13
Use props
fansf28d641a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-13 18:06

What if our goggles isnt displaying that option to switch to fpv at all?
2021-3-14
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2177605 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

fansf28d641a Posted at 3-14 10:16

Exactly! Have struggled for 3 days now to get the googles registered, have tried all the available options with DJI assistant and the DJI account downgrade, the dji googles menu will not let me choose the DJI fpv system option, it is greyed out even in the old fw.
Also tried to register with both IOS and android units but impossible to register the goggles.
I also have the DJI fpv drone and I can fly it but the goggles are saying in red that they are not registered.
I have tried to link to my 8 DJI fpv air units and vista but can´t because the option is greyed out in the goggles menu. For the first time in my 5 years with DJI products I´m really disappointed with DJI
2021-3-20
Use props
fans3c288994
New

Switzerland

fans8a540d64 Posted at 3-13 14:09
...two days of struggling with this issue....drone mode! On current firmware scroll to last option under settings and enter fpv mode

I seriously started doubting my intuition after going through all possibilities. Thank heavens for your post, this was the solution. I don’t understand how DJI went with this UI, not userfriendly at all. The FPV lineup seems unfinished and rushed anyways
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf28d641a Posted at 3-14 10:16

Are your goggles activated?

The option will not be available until the goggles have been activated, its a catch 22 situation if you have goggles for the FPV drone, and so it boots into FPV Drone mode but you don't have the drone, then you can't activate! A massive oversight from DJI!

I suspect that at the factory they are shipped in the intended mode for the end user, 'FPV Drone' or 'DJI Digital FPV System' after the FPV drone was launched there were a lot of reports of not being able to get them into the correct mode.

If they are activated and you don't have the option then try a firmware refresh.

I did a fair bit of investigation around this issue, unfortunately even putting DJI after sales firmware into the goggles won't help if you cannot activate the goggles.
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ronny G Posted at 3-20 02:15
Exactly! Have struggled for 3 days now to get the googles registered, have tried all the available options with DJI assistant and the DJI account downgrade, the dji googles menu will not let me choose the DJI fpv system option, it is greyed out even in the old fw.
Also tried to register with both IOS and android units but impossible to register the goggles.
I also have the DJI fpv drone and I can fly it but the goggles are saying in red that they are not registered.

Try connecting the goggles to the Fly App, with the DJI FPV aircraft powered up and paired with the goggles.

The goggles cannot be activated unless connected to the DJI FPV Drone & the Fly APP (and Internet) I ran into a similar problem with the motion controller.

The OTG Cable will be required to make the goggles become the client instead of the host.

Apologies if you have done all this!
2021-4-15
Use props
fans48d27d91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597277 ft
United States

So I literally just received a new ..(probably refurbished) pair of goggles back from DJI due to a dead pixel on the last pair. (covered under warrantee) Now that I receive this new pair I did the activation on my phone through the DJI fly app but when I go to pair it with the drone it's not pairing nor are the options available to switch it over to FPV mode like I did with the pair that I had sent in originally that was working well with my drone. now I'm stuck and I definitely can't fly. again.   Please follow up with me DJI.  On a side not this is a bit scary with a few jobs lined up and I don't know if I will even be able to get in the air by end of Aug. I haven practice time or nothing.  this bites!!!  IS THERE ANY KNOWN FIX FOR THIS? Please advise.  ...welp heading back over the the submit a new request and the on the phone first thing AM.
2021-8-2
Use props
fans48d27d91
lvl.1
United States

"Just received these goggles from previous RMA."
Goggles are not binding / linking with FPV.
Single press of the link button and goggles beep continuously until powered down. Link button on FPV was depressed for 5 seconds and confirmed mode of linking.

Goggles ver.  v01.00.0600 per goggles...  ver. v01.00.0603 per Assistant 2.
FPV  ver. v01.02.0000  (2021-06-15) per Assistant 2.

Do I need up upgrade Goggles to v. 01.02.0604 (02-05 -21)  then upgrade to  version  v01.020606 (02-25-21)  which is the most recent version?  will this fix it?  

2021-8-2
Use props
jamesmedia
lvl.1
United States

fans48d27d91 Posted at 8-2 22:17
"Just received these goggles from previous RMA."
Goggles are not binding / linking with FPV.
Single press of the link button and goggles beep continuously until powered down. Link button on FPV was depressed for 5 seconds and confirmed mode of linking.

Okay ppl here is an update.  I did the software update to v. ....0604. then version v. ....0606.

after the updates the goggles allowed the FPV mode to be selected.  once paired to the d FPV  I had to update goggles via phone in the DJI FLY APP.    Now good to go.
2021-8-3
Use props
marcusgripgmail.com
New
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought brand new V2 goggles and an Caddx Air Unit. Did all activation and newest firmware without issues. Have same issue it won’t connect. I do not own a DJI FPV drone so it’s not that issue and they both looked fine when connected to DJI Assistant software on my Pc. And yes I’m in DJI Digital FPV system mode
2021-10-1
Use props
lowtrack
New

United States

I am having the same problem with activation of the goggles.Like stated before a catch 22!600bucks and i have to go through this crap.Sorry just angry cant help it.DJI needs to fix this immediately.Right now this very second.Get your s**t together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_cfI8NfQbI6C2
New

United States

My new DJI goggles V2 didn't show anything except when I turned it on a message said: Image transmission signal lost.
I can't activate the goggles or be able to bind to the VTX Air unit. Help, please.
2022-9-7
Use props
Steve_fpv92
lvl.1

United States

Have huge issue with my Nebula not binding my goggles bind to everything else I habe 20 dji products It's In fpv mode both refreshed to latest firmware turns green then forever beeps. I try with the controller not on..it's tbs crossfire and the air unit is bound to the drone and like I said I'm in fpv mode, everything latest firmware tried 20 times. And this is like my 2nd pavo25 the first I couldn't fly bc I chose DJI instead of walksnail..and sold the pavo with walksnail and lost400 plus bought this from get fpv your partners...so I really am bummed .
2022-12-21
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

I know it's been said a million times, BUT, "Both the goggles AND the air unit/vista must be on the same versions............... just sayin................
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_qzOZbaKuoxaK
New

Canada

Steve_fpv92 Posted at 12-21 04:41
Have huge issue with my Nebula not binding my goggles bind to everything else I habe 20 dji products It's In fpv mode both refreshed to latest firmware turns green then forever beeps. I try with the controller not on..it's tbs crossfire and the air unit is bound to the drone and like I said I'm in fpv mode, everything latest firmware tried 20 times. And this is like my 2nd pavo25 the first I couldn't fly bc I chose DJI instead of walksnail..and sold the pavo with walksnail and lost400 plus bought this from get fpv your partners...so I really am bummed .

Hey had the exact same issue and just resolved it with a dji tech in person. Brand new V2 goggles, all firmware updated on both goggles and air unit, and everything working but wouldn't bind. His goggles wouldn't bind to my drone but my goggles could bind to his drone. So goggles were ruled out. The problem for me was the latest firmware on the air unit (vista in my case). The latest firmware has a bug that makes the binding incompatible with my older unit. Downgrade to the second latest firmware and try it again, as soon as i did that it bound within 3 seconds.
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_JrZMS2Kt7dbq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24236 ft
Portugal

Hi everyone
Need help with V2 binding problems to original air unit.
Have just replaced flight controller stack to this drone and updated to 4.4 and all works fine.
They are both still on same firmware previously 0606..
However there is no image only black DJI logo..
I'm on correct mode for air unit also.
But getting no binding at all..with 'image transmission stopped' in goggles.
Desperately need any good advice..thanks in advance
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules