Critical Battery Failure Mid Flight!!
1315 7 2015-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karim.clarke.co
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was out flying in the countryside for commercial job. After taking off at 99% battery ran down to 84% normally then all of a sudden the app showed "Critical Battery Failure" and the platform started landing itself. Luckily it wasn't far off the ground and landed immediately. This only happened with one of our batteries and we went for another flight on another battery without issue. Trying to recharge the failed battery this morning and getting the third LED flashing on the battery which according to the manual states "Over Charge Detected". We recently dry hired our kit and so I'm hoping this wasn't caused by hiring the platform.

My Inspire 1 and batteries are updated to the v.1.2.1.06.

I will continue to test the battery and post any results if anything turns up.

2015-7-13
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I am sorry to hear about this!

Some one will soon remind you about the importans of charging your battery to 100% before every flight ...
How ever ... we didn´t have these battery problems from the beginning ... they started immediately efter one of the firmware updates.

I hope DJI hasn´t forgot about this problem and that they are intending to sort it out with new firmware!
2015-7-13
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Karim
You have bad battery, it could not handle load, the cell voltage went down to critical level even the total % was high.
Contact your dealer or DJI and ask your replacement, the battery has 6 months warranty.

Regards
Hung Dang
2015-8-12
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

hungdang Posted at 2015-8-13 10:46
Hi Karim
You have bad battery, it could not handle load, the cell voltage went down to critical leve ...

You might want to look at this http://forum.dji.com/thread-23697-1-1.html
Also was you battery  cells all even voltages was any cell way off?
2015-8-12
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

check link in my post above
2015-8-12
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

This is a defective battery. End of discussion. The explanation given by the DJI rep is spot on. Replace and move on.
2015-8-12
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-7-13 18:22
I am sorry to hear about this!

Some one will soon remind you about the importans of charging your  ...

this isnt really an accurate description of the problem, unless the reason its not charged to 100% is cause it self discharged.  if you fly a fully charged battery down to 80 percent for example and then later in the day or the next day even fly it again without charging it you will have no issues, unless perhaps you set the auto discharge to 1 day.  i have mine at 10 days and use the same battery a couple or more times for separate flights without charging all the time with no issues, every time i use a self discharged battery without charging it, this problem happens.  the self discharge screws up the accuracy of the readings and causes the problem.  FYI
2015-8-13
Use props
blurfonz
lvl.2

Singapore

replaced if you managed to get it back... Had 3 faulty batteries so far. Scary...
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules