Question regarding goggles v2 and Vista
9599 11 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I am thinking of selling my DJI FPV bundle.  If I do so, I will be buying goggles seperately and will of course need to also purchase Caddx Vistas cameras for my current drones, which will get expensive.   So I might just keep the bundle I have with the v2 goggles, but I really need to know and cannot find a straight answer anywhere I've looked:  Does the Caddx Vista/Nebula work with the V2 DJi goggles included with the DJI FPV bundle?

Thanks for any help
2021-3-17
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

I searched the YT and found the answer there. Apparently it should work. What's confusing is the antennas. The V2 goggle uses different type ones due to multi band RF... So the Air unit should be compatible with the V2's but I am personaly wondering if the antennas are?
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

Have a link to that video?  I'm surprised how hard it is to get an answer on this
2021-3-17
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

It work but only in 5.8 band. The atenna are capable 2.4 and 5.8 so it work but stay with stock antenna if you want to fly dji drone and normal one on air unit or caddx
2021-3-18
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes the V2's will work. I have a set of V2's and I use them with my iflight Nazgul5 (Caddix Vista) and Titan DC5 (DJI Air Unit) and they work normally. MIne have the older .604 firmware, though, because I got mine before the FPV drone release. The new firmware, as everyone knows by now, is totally broken, so I don't know what happens when you try to switch to "Air Unit mode" with the new firmware. I believe it works, but you have to rebind everything every time you switch back and forth from FPV drone mode and air unit mode, or something like that.

As for the antennas on the V2's, they're dual band so they work on the 5.8ghz band already.

I do find the range is poor, the video signal starts to degrade only about 1/2 mile out at 700mw and even at 1200mw (with the 1200mw hack applied). So I suspect the V2's antennas perform a bit worse on 5.8ghz than the V1's antennas do. Luminier makes a set of dual band antennas that are supposed to be really good, but I haven't tried them yet.
But also I don't have a set of V1's to compare to either. The V2's antennas are simple dual-band dipoles, I believe, which is probably why they don't perform as well.
But, assuming the latest firmware isn't broken in Air Unit mode too, you will have no problems using the V2's with the Air unit or the Caddix Vista/Nebula Pro/etc.. They are fully functional with the air units.
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY
lvl.2

United States

luciens Posted at 3-18 05:55
Yes the V2's will work. I have a set of V2's and I use them with my iflight Nazgul5 (Caddix Vista) and Titan DC5 (DJI Air Unit) and they work normally. MIne have the older .604 firmware, though, because I got mine before the FPV drone release. The new firmware, as everyone knows by now, is totally broken, so I don't know what happens when you try to switch to "Air Unit mode" with the new firmware. I believe it works, but you have to rebind everything every time you switch back and forth from FPV drone mode and air unit mode, or something like that.

As for the antennas on the V2's, they're dual band so they work on the 5.8ghz band already.

Thank you so much for the confirmation
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista/Nebula. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.

2021-3-19
Use props
Ginmax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2363091 ft
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 00:48
Hi, djiuser_B629LqRxx2LY. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista/Nebula. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.
[view_image]

Hello,

How to activate this switch? I updated my glasses to version 01.01.000 today and I lost all my vista connections.
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ginmax Posted at 4-15 06:56
Hello,

How to activate this switch? I updated my glasses to version 01.01.000 today and I lost all my vista connections.

The switch only appears if the goggles are activated, it may have defaulted back to the FPV system when you updated. See post #7 above
2021-4-15
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it does and so does the Air Unit. I paired all my other Cinewhoops and freestyle kwads over to this yesterday afternoon. You just have to switch the system over in the goggle menu and back again, when you want to fly the FPV Drone again. Exactly the same process - Pair button on goggles and then either the pair button on the Vista or Air Unit.
2021-4-15
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 3-18 05:55

As for the antennas on the V2's, they're dual band so they work on the 5.8ghz band already.

That's why I switched to the TrueRC Stubbies for DJI goggles. Brilliant antennas and you don't have to remove them like the stock ones.
2021-4-15
Use props
Ginmax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2363091 ft
Russia

Buzzyone Posted at 4-15 07:29
The switch only appears if the goggles are activated, it may have defaulted back to the FPV system when you updated. See post #7 above

Hello,
The glasses are activated. And they worked with Vista. There was a different menu interface. After updating the glasses, in my opinion, they went into the FPV mode. There is no switch in the About menu.

And I don't have a FPV drone ((
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules