Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ESC status error
26900 34 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5961 ft
Latvia

Hi DJI,

I've have reveiving ESC status error each time when i try to take of with the aircraft and no motors starts. All statuses show normal before and enough satellites are found. I have latest firmware and have calibrated the compass, IMU and gimball. No cables loose. I didn't experienced any issues during my previous flight and haven't crashed. What should I do? Please advise.
Drone DJI Mavic Mini 2 Fly More Combo
2021-3-18
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

if I calibrate the IMU, then everything is fine with the drone and I can fly, but the IMU need caliber every time, then the esc error does not appear
2021-3-18
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-18 02:50
if I calibrate the IMU, then everything is fine with the drone and I can fly, but the IMU need caliber every time, then the esc error does not appear

Which version of software do you have? As Android version is not current on the play store, it is months old. You can only download current version from DJI.
2021-3-18
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

videoeditman Posted at 3-18 04:58
Which version of software do you have? As Android version is not current on the play store, it is months old. You can only download current version from DJI.

This error has been since the purchase of the drone - 14.02.2021. I did an update yesterday witk DJI Fly app
2021-3-18
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

Sounds to me like your drone has a faulty IMU unit. Does it also happen if you have calibrated the IMU - fly - replace battery - and then try to fly again?
2021-3-18
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

Turfolk Posted at 3-18 05:18
Sounds to me like your drone has a faulty IMU unit. Does it also happen if you have calibrated the IMU - fly - replace battery - and then try to fly again?

Yes, this happens every time you change the battery or turn on the drone
2021-3-18
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

First is esc connection error code 30085 repair, after IMU calibration everything is ok
2021-3-18
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-18 06:00
First is esc connection error code 30085 repair, after IMU calibration everything is ok

Faulty IMU, return the drone.
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jack Dolson. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Error 30085 means ECS connect error, it is recommended to refresh the firmware of the said DJI Drone. If the error still persists, the said DJI drone needs to be sent back for the further diagnosis and repair service. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_Y74rHTGXmnjK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118602 ft

Malaysia

Hi All,

im a first time DJI user, and my first product experience is Mini 2. I'm having same issue as what Jack Dolson experienced. the issue was consistently happen even after firmware update to the latest to date  which is as below:

Air craft: V1.02.03
RC: V2.00.12
IOS App: V1.3.1 using Iphone XS

at first only by calibrating the IMU will resolve the ESC Error 30085 and unblocking me to start flying.

how ever today I have tried experimenting with the issue replication. by having some clue on IMU calibration resolving the issue. I have tried out below method to easily replicate the issue & to easily resolve the issue without the need to calibrate the IMU on first Air craft power up:

How to resolve:
1. turn ON RC and connect to phone first
2. with Air Craft battery installed, there is two position proven to avoid the ESC error to happen
         a. with Air craft laying Horizontal (Take off position but you need to lift up to access the power button) - turn ON the aircraft
         b. with aircraft position vertically (camera or the nose pointing up vertically) - turn ON the aircraft
3. if you heard the turning ON sound + slight movement of Motors, mean you have successfully turning ON the air craft without an ESC Error 30085 issue.
4. if you did not heard the sound and Motor does not move slightly, high chances you will face an ESC Error - Turn Off the air craft and repeat step 2 (a) or 2 (b) ensure the Aircraft position is horizontally or vertically steady.

How to easily replicate the issue:
1. turn ON RC and connect to phone first
2. with Air Craft battery installed, turn On the aircraft with non- horizontal or vertical position (position the aircraft at angle)
3. if the aircraft turn ON and initialize the gimbal without any starting sound heard or no slight movement of the motor then high chances you will face an ESC Error 30085.

Notes: this behavior is repeatable on my unit and tested with three battery pack, single RC, single Aircraft & Single Smartphone.

Perhaps, this findings might help DJI Developer to pin point where the root cause, hopefully software fix can be roll out instead of Hardware fix which is too much hassle for user.
2021-3-20
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

djiuser_Y74rHTGXmnjK Posted at 3-20 10:37
Hi All,

im a first time DJI user, and my first product experience is Mini 2. I'm having same issue as what Jack Dolson experienced. the issue was consistently happen even after firmware update to the latest to date  which is as below:

yes, i have the same, if the plane starts and initializes the gimbal without an audible start sound or a slight engine movement, then i encounter ESC error 30085. What to do?
2021-3-21
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-21 06:26
yes, i have the same, if the plane starts and initializes the gimbal without an audible start sound or a slight engine movement, then i encounter ESC error 30085. What to do?

Try my method by position your aircraft flat or vertical during power up. Its works everytime for me now
2021-3-24
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Hope Jack comes back with results.
2021-3-25
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

yogi053 Posted at 3-25 03:28
Hope Jack comes back with results.

a fee to the drone dealer for warranty repairs
2021-3-25
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-25 22:04

Does the repair works?
2021-3-26
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-25 22:04

I take it Fazzlil's method of switching it on vertically or horizontally didn't work then?
2021-3-26
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

Fazzlil Tuah Posted at 3-26 02:15
Does the repair works?

I returned the product to the store where I bought it, the product is in service, waiting for the results
2021-3-26
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

yogi053 Posted at 3-26 02:53
I take it Fazzlil's method of switching it on vertically or horizontally didn't work then?

I only managed to turn it on once once ... holding the drone horizontally
2021-3-26
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-26 10:31
I only managed to turn it on once once ... holding the drone horizontally

Thanks for the info Jack.
2021-3-27
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

Today update

Found out after battery firmware update done the issue solve, i can turn on the aircraft steadily without the need to hold horizontally or vertically anymore.

Seem like battery firmware need to always refresh the version in order to get the update. I did check always before but no new update available. Just today successfuly update the battery firmware. Now seem stable.
2021-3-30
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

False alarm, issue still happen after try with other battery pack.

I believe it is indeed the HW failure.. looking back the fact that,

1. Issue resolve once calibrating IMU which involving placing the aircraft multiple side position

2. If turning on aircraft horizontal or vertical which also involving placing the aircraft certain position.

3. Just now i do a little knocking on top of the aircraft before power on also resolve the esc issue

So i believe some intermittent harness connection inside the aircraft esc module.. quite dangerous if the connection damage in flight..  

so i guess sending for repair is the best solution here.. DJI need to resolve this assembly issue somehow in production or during product transportation.
2021-3-30
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for that info Fazzlil.
2021-3-30
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

yogi053 Posted at 3-30 06:27
Thanks for that info Fazzlil.

Hi yogi053,

Is there any update from dji on this issue? Was it a known issue and beside sending aircraft for repair is there any other way i can resolve this issue permanently?
2021-4-4
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Fazzlil Tuah Posted at 4-4 08:36
Hi yogi053,

Is there any update from dji on this issue? Was it a known issue and beside sending aircraft for repair is there any other way i can resolve this issue permanently?

Not to my knowledge Fazzlil. I haven't had this problem on mine. I was just interested in the eventual outcome. If, as you say, you may have an intermittent fault within the drone then I would have no hesitation in sending it to Dji for inspection and repair under warranty. I still will be interested in the final outcome.
2021-4-4
Use props
Bnail84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15095 ft
United States

I recently replaced my shells. After completing i had esc errors on all 4 motors. No motor beeping on startup. After disassembling and checking i must not had good connection with my recon connections so i manually soldered and placed heat shrink around individual wires. Twisted back. Got all together. Re-downloaded  firmware. Power up, esc error on 2 only.  Disassembled again. Tested mores output with multi meter. Motor putting out correct voltage on all 3 connections. Reassembled, updated firmware once again. Now esc errors on 1,3. Its like im chasing a ghost. Seems like something is grounding out due to the errors jumping from good motor one sec to an error on same motor then next.  Before i order 2 new esc boards, motors, god knows what else i figured someone may have experienced this issue before? Any help be greatly appreciated
2021-4-6
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

Bnail84 Posted at 4-6 07:23
I recently replaced my shells. After completing i had esc errors on all 4 motors. No motor beeping on startup. After disassembling and checking i must not had good connection with my recon connections so i manually soldered and placed heat shrink around individual wires. Twisted back. Got all together. Re-downloaded  firmware. Power up, esc error on 2 only.  Disassembled again. Tested mores output with multi meter. Motor putting out correct voltage on all 3 connections. Reassembled, updated firmware once again. Now esc errors on 1,3. Its like im chasing a ghost. Seems like something is grounding out due to the errors jumping from good motor one sec to an error on same motor then next.  Before i order 2 new esc boards, motors, god knows what else i figured someone may have experienced this issue before? Any help be greatly appreciated

Im still waiting DJI analysis on my mini 2 flight logs data.. will update here for any update. So far i still can fly safely if sucessfuly turn on with start audio.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_SlS7RUjJgopx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20892 ft
Germany

Jack Dolson Posted at 3-26 10:30
I returned the product to the store where I bought it, the product is in service, waiting for the results

Hi,

I’m having the same issue with my Mini 2. Have you managed to get it repaired?
2021-9-16
Use props
Jack Dolson
lvl.1
Latvia

Yes, the store replaced me with a new one...warranty
2021-9-16
Use props
dougscortegagna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47365 ft
Brazil

Fazzlil Tuah Posted at 4-8 01:00
Im still waiting DJI analysis on my mini 2 flight logs data.. will update here for any update. So far i still can fly safely if sucessfuly turn on with start audio.

Hi Fazzlil,any news from DJI? I've got a brand new mini 2 from DJI, and i'm having the exact same issue.
2021-11-3
Use props
Fazzlil Tuah
lvl.1

Malaysia

dougscortegagna Posted at 2021-11-3 12:47
Hi Fazzlil,any news from DJI? I've got a brand new mini 2 from DJI, and i'm having the exact same issue.

Got issue with my purchase due to unit was europe sku but im purchased it in Asia. Dealing with local dealer they can help to do repairs which is not dji authorized.. i opt out n just continue using my drone. With the workaround I mentioned (turn on with aircraft is horizontal position). I noticed recently with FW update v1.4.000 it is fairly easy to get it turn on successfully (4/5 success rate) compare before (1/5 success rate)
2022-3-29
Use props
djiuser_aLJioV3VYqvM
New
Flight distance : 449 ft
United States

Jack Dolson Posted at 2021-3-18 05:06
This error has been since the purchase of the drone - 14.02.2021. I did an update yesterday witk DJI Fly app

Same here! I bought it as a refurbished bundle directly from DJI via Amazon and from the 1st time I've tried to fly, I get 50' away and it pops up and does let me go any further and that's even if I recalibrate everything and go through ALL of the troubleshooting steps!

I changed the max range to 6.2 miles, I've done literally everything I can do through the app and whether I use Litchi or DJI Fly, I have a esc error, so I guess since I have till February 1st 2023 to return it, I'll return it and get another one.
I would like to get the mini 3 with the new RC so I don't have to use my phone, the cable doesn't fit with my phone case and if I get a call or something... It really isn't a great option and I don't want to use airplane mode in case someone really needs me.
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_ag4E4UkUFSt3
lvl.1

India

ESC connection error. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance(Code: 16100019)
mjvision380@gmail.com
Plz information me
IMG_20230510_185733.jpg
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_ag4E4UkUFSt3
lvl.1

India

ESC connection error. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance(Code: 16100019
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_lfjm8Y8H4J2u
New

Saudi Arabia

djiuser_ag4E4UkUFSt3 Posted at 5-17 04:29
ESC connection error. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance(Code: 16100019

hello DJI User
I found your comment in the DJI Forum regarding the ESC error code 16100019
Kindly if you could advise in that
Am facing the same issue with mavic 3 cine after crash, I changed a new motor and new ESP, but the problem percists .  
sincerely
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_lfjm8Y8H4J2u Posted at 8-3 04:17
hello DJI User
I found your comment in the DJI Forum regarding the ESC error code 16100019
Kindly if you could advise in that

Hello there! We apologize for the late response. With that error code, we recommend sending the device in for inspection and proper diagnosis. This will also help us ensure the future flight performance of the unit, as it will undergo flight tests and quality assurance. Please get in touch with the relevant team at https://www.dji.com/support for more information regarding the request to open a case.
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules