708 4 2021-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D. Brent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've got plenty of expeirence with Phantom 4+ and Mavic Pro drones, but zero with FPV. I'm hoping others may want to add to to this with some flying tips that has helped you adapt to FPV fo others.

I've been using the virtual app and doing the training courses as DJI suggest – this is a mandatory if you're new to FPV. The controling of the drone is vastly different in M mode.

I suggest as many do, start in Sports mode for experienced (normal) drone flyers. My two tips are:
  • Use cruise control to get use to the controlling of the done with the one (yaw) stick. It's fun, easy and you get a real sense of how this drone flys. My starting speed was 5.5m per second. When it gets too easy turn of the CC and start the dual stick learning. Yaw for directional and the pitch for speed.
  • I wasn't a fan of flying in the stadium. Not challenging at all. Go straight to the car park tracks and do as mentioned above. Much quicker in learning

The other aspect of this experience that has surprised me, is the motion sickness (if that's the correct term) you can get when fying fast with sudden vertical drops and turns. It's going to take some getting use to wearing these goggles.

Is anyone using the motion controller for sports mode? I can't see a purpose for buying this device as I want to achieve being a manual FPV pilot which the motion controller doesn't support.
2021-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try out the Flight simulator.
2021-3-21
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

I would like to throw a couple of words of explanation here about the difference between manual mode and all others. In M mode you are the boss of the position of the quad. If you tilt the quad forward and release the stick - the quad will remain tilted and move forward until you tilt it back. The quad wil follow your stick movements but will not return to it's safe horizontal position while returning the sticks to the center position. This is totally different from stabilized flight modi, when the quad will always want to remain stable and horizontal and you need to push it "out of balance" to get is moving. This is (I think) the biggest challenge to overcome.
My tip would be - get plenty of altitude,then switch to M mode and be gentle with first stick movements. Second one - hold your left index finger close to panic button and don't hesitate to push it when it gets out off control. The G-Forse is a bitch and you need to be pretty quick  And don't forget to have fun ...
2021-3-21
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

The brake/hover button works in all modes including Manual, don't hesitate to use it, it's saved me from a few potentially very bad crashes.
2021-3-21
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

You need to take off with a good bit of up throttle/altitude. The drone tips backward with very low power settings. See the link in this post for an example of a bad start. (A time stamp is included in the URL.)Fortunately I saw the YouTube video before flying my drone so I knew to give it a good amount of throttle at the start.
2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules