Intelligent Flight Modes present but not working
4933 16 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a strange issue. I bought my Mavic Pro a year or two ago from a mate, who was able to demonstrate everything was working, including the intelligent flight modes - sport mode, point of interest and so on were all working.  I've never used them so far as I wanted to make sure I was thoroughly familiar with everything else first.

But now those modes don't work. My mate is as baffled as I am, and he can't get it to work either, despite his several years' of experience with this very drone.

I've read all the threads and can't seem to find an answer.  Many threads tell me how to find the Intelligent Flight Modes switch in the app, but that's not my problem.  The Intelligent Flight Modes switch is visible and it is in the 'On' position (I tried switching it off and back on, just in case!!) but although all the Intelligent Flight options and their parameter fields all appear to be there, (Point of interest, and the others), and the app seems to allow input of the required parameters, when we try to set it all in motion, nothing happens. The drone just hovers in place. It is as though, when we try to initiate the sequence whatever it happens to be, there's no reaction.

I have checked and the Go4 app on my phone is the latest version;p  the Mavic firmware status is also shown as current. The geo-fencing updates are current. I'm not in Beginner Mode.
The phone is Android - Samsung J3.  My mate was operating this drone on Samsung / Android with no problems when he owned it.

I have seen a lot of references in posts on Intelligent Flight Modes to the 'Multiple Flight Modes' switch, but I am uncertain whether that's still part of the app? Most of the posts that mention it are a few years old. My mate says he does not think the Multiple Flight Modes switch is a current part of the app, and that the Intelligent Flight Modes switch is the only thing that is now used to enable or disable those facilities.

However, if the Multiple Flight Modes switch is still there, I have been unable to find it anywhere in any of the menus, despite trying to follow guidance from those older posts about where it should be.

Any ideas, please?

Many thanks!

2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, avgrafyx. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please check whether you're currently running the latest version of the DJI GO 4. For Android users, please go to this link to download the latest DJI GO 4: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Kindly also double-check whether the Multiple Flight Modes is enabled under the Main Controller or MC Settings. If the problem continues, please update or refresh both aircraft and remote firmware via the DJI Assistant 2.
2021-3-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

check and see that it's not in sports mode.
2021-3-22
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 23:18
Hi, avgrafyx. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please check whether you're currently running the latest version of the DJI GO 4. For Android users, please go to this link to download the latest DJI GO 4: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Kindly also double-check whether the Multiple Flight Modes is enabled under the Main Controller or MC Settings. If the problem continues, please update or refresh both aircraft and remote firmware via the DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks, Gamora!

I have connected the Mavic and the Remote Controller to DJI Assistant 2, both were shown as being up- to-date but I did a Refresh on both to be sure.

I had a problem with Go4, though. My phone allowed the file download but did not allow me to install files from that source. I changed the permission in the phone's security settings to allow it and tried again, and it then asked if I wanted to update the installed app (which was shown as current when I checked it previously anyway) so I OK'd that but then it told me it could not install the update. However, if I go into the settings and go to 'About',, it confirms the installed version is 4.3.37  So everything is as it should be.

If I then go into MC Settings in the app with the drone connected, there is no 'Multiple Flight Modes' menu item that I can find. The only related menu item appears to be 'Enable Intelligent Flight Modes', which is set to 'On'. As stated in my post, I can enter data into the fields for Point Of Interest, for example, with the camera down and the drone hovering over the POI, but after entering the settings, there's no response when I try to initiate the POI flight.

As the question has appeared in other threads, and has also been asked by another forum member in relation to my issue, it's not in Sport Mode, but if I move that switch on the Remote Controller, it then gives the appropriate warnings, so although I have not used Sport Mode, the switch does seem to work and is currently in the 'Off' position.

So I still can't use Intelligent Flight Modes. Any further ideas, please?

Thanks for your help!
2021-3-22
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-22 02:35
check and see that it's not in sports mode.

Thanks - I forgot, in my initial post, to say it is not in Sport Mode.
2021-3-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

avgrafyx Posted at 3-22 05:56
Thanks - I forgot, in my initial post, to say it is not in Sport Mode.

I was hoping for your sake that sport mode had been on, hope that you can find a solution to your problem,
2021-3-22
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-22 11:36
I was hoping for your sake that sport mode had been on, hope that you can find a solution to your problem,

Thanks - appreciated!
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

avgrafyx Posted at 3-22 05:55
Thanks, Gamora!

I have connected the Mavic and the Remote Controller to DJI Assistant 2, both were shown as being up- to-date but I did a Refresh on both to be sure.

We'll have this check with our team. Could you kindly upload a screen recording when you attempt to perform an Intelligent Flight Mode? You can upload it either on DropBox or GoogleDrive and forward the link here. Many thanks!
2021-3-24
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-24 22:50
We'll have this check with our team. Could you kindly upload a screen recording when you attempt to perform an Intelligent Flight Mode? You can upload it either on DropBox or GoogleDrive and forward the link here. Many thanks!

Many thanks, Gamora!

I don't seem to have a screen recorder facility on my phone. I've followed instructions I found on the internet, which tell me how to add such a button from a list, but the list does not seem to show the required button available to add to the ones on my screen. I'll look for a third party app, but if that proves difficult, I will try to film what happens using another camera.

Thanks for your help and patience.
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

avgrafyx Posted at 3-25 02:04
Many thanks, Gamora!

I don't seem to have a screen recorder facility on my phone. I've followed instructions I found on the internet, which tell me how to add such a button from a list, but the list does not seem to show the required button available to add to the ones on my screen. I'll look for a third party app, but if that proves difficult, I will try to film what happens using another camera.

Hi, again. As we're trying to replicate your concern, we'd like to double-check what's the exact firmware version of both your aircraft and remote. You can post a screenshot of that here. Kindly let us know also if you're able to refresh both the aircraft and remote's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 as it could potentially help resolve your concern. Below is a video tutorial for your reference.
2021-3-28
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-28 22:58
Hi, again. As we're trying to replicate your concern, we'd like to double-check what's the exact firmware version of both your aircraft and remote. You can post a screenshot of that here. Kindly let us know also if you're able to refresh both the aircraft and remote's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 as it could potentially help resolve your concern. Below is a video tutorial for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI

Hi Gamora,

Many thanks for yuor help with this.  The firmware status on both the Mavic and the Remote Controller is current (V01.04.0500), and both refreshed with no issues, although I had already successfully refreshed both in the hope it would fix the issue before posting my original question on the forum.

I have not yet managed to take the drone out to screen record what happens (or rather, what doesn't happen) when trying to initiate an Intelligent Flight mode program, but hope o do that within a week - there is nowhere close to home to safely fly!

2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

avgrafyx Posted at 3-29 14:19
Hi Gamora,

Many thanks for yuor help with this.  The firmware status on both the Mavic and the Remote Controller is current (V01.04.0500), and both refreshed with no issues, although I had already successfully refreshed both in the hope it would fix the issue before posting my original question on the forum.

Great and kindly keep us updated so we can forward further information to our team.
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

avgrafyx Posted at 3-29 14:19
Hi Gamora,

Many thanks for yuor help with this.  The firmware status on both the Mavic and the Remote Controller is current (V01.04.0500), and both refreshed with no issues, although I had already successfully refreshed both in the hope it would fix the issue before posting my original question on the forum.

Hi, if you're not yet done with the flight test, we would like to remind you to make sure that the aircraft has already taken off and ensured that it's flying at least 6ft (2m) before initiating the Intelligent Flight Modes. Kindly also check whether the remote is switch to P-Mode. Thanks and kindly keep us updated.
2021-4-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Better are 5-10 meters in altitude to initiate the IF-functions. Is it a mavic or phantom is equal.
2021-4-9
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 00:03
Hi, if you're not yet done with the flight test, we would like to remind you to make sure that the aircraft has already taken off and ensured that it's flying at least 6ft (2m) before initiating the Intelligent Flight Modes. Kindly also check whether the remote is switch to P-Mode. Thanks and kindly keep us updated.

Thanks, Gamora.

Yes, the attempts to get , say, a Point of Interest flight working have been made with the drone hovering overhead the POI at an altitude of between 6m and 10m. The remote is in P Mode.

Sorry for the delay in getting to make a screen recording - I will get that done as soon as there is an opportunity but there's nowehere very close to my home to fly the drone and with lockdown regulations  at the moment, travelling further afield is difficult.
2021-4-9
Use props
avgrafyx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 4-9 02:30
Better are 5-10 meters in altitude to initiate the IF-functions. Is it a mavic or phantom is equal.

Thanks,

Yes, just to reiterate, the attempts we have made to initiate a POI flight were all made with the Mavic Pro at altitudes ranging between around 6m and 10m, with camera facing down, vertically above the point of interest. The remote is not in Sport mode.

'Multiple Flight Modes' does NOT appear in any of the app menus.  'Intelligent Flight Mode' does, and that is set to 'On'.  All the POI parameters are available in the app and appear to accept entry. But having put in the parameters, when we try to actually initiate the programmed flight, there is no response. It is almost as though that final touch on the phone's screen to set it all in motion is completely ignored.

My mate, who owned this Mavic previously, also cannot figure out why Intelligent Flight Modes won't work. They were working when I bought it from him, because he demonstrated them for me.  He runs a Mavic 2, a Phantom 3, and an Inspire 2, and has a PFCO (and is about to get his A2CofC as well), so he's fairly well-versed in the app and the drones themselves.
2021-4-9
Use props
spdrone1234
lvl.1

United States

I have this exact same issue.
2021-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules