1808 11 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c8353d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71654 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the DJI V2 Gooles that come with the Dji FPV drone work with the the DJI air unit? How do you get into setting to set it up with a home built quad?
2021-3-23
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes the V2 goggles work with the Air unit, you need to switch them to DJI FPV System, In the goggles, Settings, About, scroll down until you see Switch to Digital FPV System, confirm & restart the goggles.

You will lose any bindings when you switch from one to the other, a fix is combining for that.

No you cannot use the FPV controller with the Air Unit, you wouldn't want to any way as it has limited switches for things like, arm, aero etc etc...
2021-3-23
Use props
fans0c8353d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-23 13:25
Yes the V2 goggles work with the Air unit, you need to switch them to DJI FPV System, In the goggles, Settings, About, scroll down until you see Switch to Digital FPV System, confirm & restart the goggles.

You will lose any bindings when you switch from one to the other, a fix is combining for that.

Thank you, I found that location. I really understand that you can’t use the controller. But the goggles would be nice to not have to buy again thank you again
2021-3-23
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

fans0c8353d3 Posted at 3-23 13:58
Thank you, I found that location. I really understand that you can’t use the controller. But the goggles would be nice to not have to buy again thank you again

From what I understand, the V2 goggles will work with the Air Unit as long as you can activate the goggles. Apparently you need the FPV drone to activate the goggles.

The recent livestream by Joshua Bardwell talks about this issue.

It looks like you have a FPV drone so you should be able to use the Air Unit.

Have you used your goggles with the FPV drone yet?
2021-3-23
Use props
fans0c8353d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 3-23 15:23
From what I understand, the V2 goggles will work with the Air Unit as long as you can activate the goggles. Apparently you need the FPV drone to activate the goggles.

The recent livestream by Joshua Bardwell talks about this issue.

I don't think so. The V2 googles came out before the FPV drone was released. I know there was activation issues but, I believe that has been fixed. I was told the DJI googles that came with the DJI drone was somehow different than the V2 sold as a stand alone. The person that told me that was an owner of an online FPV site. Turns out he didn't know what he was talking about. People now are still buying the V2 googles that do not have the DJI FPV drone. Thanks  for your reply
2021-3-23
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

fans0c8353d3 Posted at 3-23 15:47
I don't think so. The V2 googles came out before the FPV drone was released. I know there was activation issues but, I believe that has been fixed. I was told the DJI googles that came with the DJI drone was somehow different than the V2 sold as a stand alone. The person that told me that was an owner of an online FPV site. Turns out he didn't know what he was talking about. People now are still buying the V2 googles that do not have the DJI FPV drone. Thanks  for your reply

Apparently there's an older version of the V2 firmware which lets it work without activation but new V2 goggles can have a problem if it's not activated with a FPV drone.

Here's the portion of the video where Joshua and Blunty discuss the issue. (The clip starts at 57:37. For some reason the linked video starts early.)
"People now are still buying the V2 googles that do not have the DJI FPV drone."

The video linked above is a few hours old. If the issue has been fixed, it was fixed very recently.

2021-3-23
Use props
fans0c8353d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-23 13:25

You will lose any bindings when you switch from one to the other, a fix is combining for that.

Wow ! I did not know that. I do have the DJI drone but I hope they fix tis for others. Makes me want to find a V1 drone. I am just getting into small quads as flying the DJI FPV drone made me want to get the small quads you can repair. I don't like the idea that I will have to rebind the drone to my Dji drone after I bind to my small quad hope they fix that soon. At this point I haven't gotten the small quad in and I'm pretty sure I have a lot to learn before I fly in. Thanks for that info I stand corrected.
2021-3-23
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Joshua Barwell addresses this issue in his latest video.

2021-3-24
Use props
fans0c8353d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 3-24 09:25
Joshua Barwell addresses this issue in his latest video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AOedUE3QIU

I saw that. Glad I bought one with my FPV drone. I have not tried to bind it with a quad yet as I'm waiting for it to come in. I can get to the menu that allows me to do that. Thanks for the update
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans0c8353d3 Posted at 3-23 15:47
I don't think so. The V2 googles came out before the FPV drone was released. I know there was activation issues but, I believe that has been fixed. I was told the DJI googles that came with the DJI drone was somehow different than the V2 sold as a stand alone. The person that told me that was an owner of an online FPV site. Turns out he didn't know what he was talking about. People now are still buying the V2 googles that do not have the DJI FPV drone. Thanks  for your reply

There is only one version of the V2 goggles, DJI are not correct about different versions.

A lot of people, myself included, bought the V2s and due to bad firmware can not activate them for use without connecting to DJIS FPV drone. Which is useless because I bought the goggles on their own.

If you go to the about menu on the goggles and dont see switch to FPV mode, you are also stuck and can not use air units/vistas until DJI fixes it
2021-3-24
Use props
fans0c8353d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG Posted at 3-24 11:37
There is only one version of the V2 goggles, DJI are not correct about different versions.

A lot of people, myself included, bought the V2s and due to bad firmware can not activate them for use without connecting to DJIS FPV drone. Which is useless because I bought the goggles on their own.

I can go to that menu but I am just getting into the small quads and have received my new bind and fly yet. I could probably activate those for you>
2021-3-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans0c8353d3. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Yes, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is compatible with the DJI FPV Air Unit.
2021-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules