Issues with Do-It-All handle (overheating / browsing media)
5620 15 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glyxkecks
lvl.1
Germany

I just recently bought the DJI Do-It-All handle for my DJI Pocket 2.

Unfortunately I have the following 2 issues:
  • When unsing the DJI Pocket 2 toghether with the DJI Do-It-All handle for timelapse videos and using an USB-C PD powerbank it is constantly overheating after 30 - 60mins and stopping the timelapse. Without the Do-It-All handle it doesn't shut down and I do infinite timelapse recordings. Without the powerbank it is not overheating but is running out of power after some time.
  • When using the MIMO App over WiFi with my Huawei P30 Pro I can controll the camera and have the live view without any issues. But when I try to browse the recorded media I don't it tries to load but then I get an error message telling me that loading has failed and I could try again...
    I renembered it has worked at the beginning but I can't get it working again. Already tried to reset the DJI Pocket 2 and deleted all app data from my mobile...
    I updated my mobile to EMUI 11 a few days ago - maybe it's related to this update?

DJI Pocket 2:
  • Firmware 01.03.00.10
  • Camera Firmware: 0.00.00.01 / 01.30.54.86
  • Gimbal 0.04.09.07 / 02.00.15.74
  • Joystick Firmware: 01.00.06.07
  • Handle Firmware: 01.00.12.15

Mobile:
  • Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-L29)
  • EMUI :11.0.0
  • Build-Number: 11.0.0.138
  • Android Version: 10

Powerbank:
  • RAVPower 20100mAh Powerbank USB C Power Delivery (45W PD)

2021-3-25
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Plug the power cable into Pocket 2 but don't yet power it to power bank, start the timelapse with 100% battery disconnect the mimo app after starting timelapse, once every 30-40 mins connect it to mimo to check battery level. Once it reaches 20% or even 10% plug the other end to power bank without disturbing the pocket 2, this will not heat up much & you can continue to shoot 2-4 hrs like that depending upon ambient temp
2021-3-25
Use props
glyxkecks
lvl.1
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 3-25 01:43
Plug the power cable into Pocket 2 but don't yet power it to power bank, start the timelapse with 100% battery disconnect the mimo app after starting timelapse, once every 30-40 mins connect it to mimo to check battery level. Once it reaches 20% or even 10% plug the other end to power bank without disturbing the pocket 2, this will not heat up much & you can continue to shoot 2-4 hrs like that depending upon ambient temp

Hi Ranjan,
yes - this would be a workaround but that's not what I have bought the Do-It-All handle for. I'd like to do an unattended timelapse.

@DJI a simple solution within the firmware would be to stop charging rather than to stop recording when the Pocket 2 is heating up. Or don't charge at all when recording with the Do-It-All handle attached and just use the power out of the powerbank.
2021-3-25
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i have same problem with overheating on the Do It All Handle while connected to a power bank. However, this only happens when using the MIMO app. It seems that the handle cannot cope with charging and WIFI simultaneously for long periods. My system usually fails after appox. 40 mins. The workaround is to use the MIMO app to set up the timelapse and start it off, then close down the app. The timelapse continues as per the settings. I have captured for over 2 hours using this method without problems.
2021-3-25
Use props
glyxkecks
lvl.1
Germany

northaal Posted at 3-25 01:49
i have same problem with overheating on the Do It All Handle while connected to a power bank. However, this only happens when using the MIMO app. It seems that the handle cannot cope with charging and WIFI simultaneously for long periods. My system usually fails after appox. 40 mins. The workaround is to use the MIMO app to set up the timelapse and start it off, then close down the app. The timelapse continues as per the settings. I have captured for over 2 hours using this method without problems.

yes - allready tried this and at the first moment I thought it works. But after some time it also stopped recording due to overheating.

I also have the impression that the WiFi module doesn't go to sleep after it once has been connected to the MIMO app.
2021-3-25
Use props
glyxkecks
lvl.1
Germany

Update regarding to the media browsing issue:after a factory reset of my phone I can access the media on my Pocket 2 via WiFi again!
Regarding the overheating issues, nothing has changed...

2021-3-30
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I had to send my Pocket 2 back to DJI repairs because I was unable record even 10 minutes with Handle, here with reindeers and snow -1C. And without handle 10-15mins.

As a Pocket 1 user over 2 years without any problems ever it is unbelievable how much Pocket 2 has different problems. Like overheating. This is a video camera. Video camera is made for recording video. I understand if your DSLR made for Still Photography overheats but not video cameras. Like Camcorders can record hours and hours and hours.
2021-3-31
Use props
glyxkecks
lvl.1
Germany

Update 2: now I found the reason why I couldn't browse / download the media stored on my DJI Pocket 2 via WiFi and the All-in-one handle: It's not been caused by the firmware update of my Huawei P30 Pro. It's been my Adblocker "ADGuard" which works via VPN and seems to block the communication to my DJI Pocket 2. Disabling ADGuard or putting DJI MIMO to the whitelist resolved the issue...
2021-3-31
Use props
Peter Russell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I've just begun to use my new Pocket 2 with the Do It All handle. I'm getting around 15-20 minutes of connection before the wifi link shuts down and I get the 'wifi overheating' warning. Judging from the previous posts on this problem it's not a new issue. Does anyone know if DJI have made any progress in resolving this?
2021-7-16
Use props
Morgans Friend
lvl.1

United States

Peter Russell Posted at 7-16 07:04
Hi, I've just begun to use my new Pocket 2 with the Do It All handle. I'm getting around 15-20 minutes of connection before the wifi link shuts down and I get the 'wifi overheating' warning. Judging from the previous posts on this problem it's not a new issue. Does anyone know if DJI have made any progress in resolving this?

They should at least give us 720 and 480 video to see if that cuts down the overheating problem.
2021-7-17
Use props
Morgans Friend
lvl.1

United States

Morgans Friend Posted at 7-17 22:47
They should at least give us 720 and 480 video to see if that cuts down the overheating problem.

Over heating problem solved: The device has two metal heat dissipaters inside but the heat has no where to go inside. I popped off the back cover and drilled about 10 1/8 inch holes in the back plastic cover so hot air could get out. I'm not worried about the warranty.  Also, i dont know if the SD write speed is important but i use a SD card that can write 80mb/s for hd video (U rated speed). Slower write rated cards may generate more heat. Class 10 cards may be too slow. I tried a V90 rated card (4k or 8k speed) but the "V" rated cards have extra contacts and i dont know if the Pocket 2 is capable of using the extra contacts for speed transfer.
2021-8-11
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Morgans Friend Posted at 8-11 10:50
Over heating problem solved: The device has two metal heat dissipaters inside but the heat has no where to go inside. I popped off the back cover and drilled about 10 1/8 inch holes in the back plastic cover so hot air could get out. I'm not worried about the warranty.  Also, i dont know if the SD write speed is important but i use a SD card that can write 80mb/s for hd video (U rated speed). Slower write rated cards may generate more heat. Class 10 cards may be too slow. I tried a V90 rated card (4k or 8k speed) but the "V" rated cards have extra contacts and i dont know if the Pocket 2 is capable of using the extra contacts for speed transfer.

Any photos of the back side to understand how it looks & where to drill the holes?
After warranty is over this can be a solution for those who live in hot climate.
2021-8-11
Use props
djiuser_A8NQgc7zSMyz
New
Flight distance : 16558 ft
Spain

Morgans Friend Posted at 8-11 10:50

@Mogans Friend - I've got the same problem with my brand new Pocket 2, the DoItAllHandle always overheat and switches off after approx. 5 minutes. Your solution sounds best! Could you explain how to open the DoItAllHandle without killing the components inside.
Cheers mate, would really help
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_ko2j9g1jz26d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577 ft
Netherlands

Morgans Friend Posted at 2021-8-11 10:50
Goodmorning can you send any pictures of the modification to my mail?
Ruyg@quicknet.nl

Thanks
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_ko2j9g1jz26d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_ko2j9g1jz26d Posted at 9-13 21:50
Goodmorning can you send any pictures of the modification to my mail?
Ruyg@quicknet.no

Sorry Ruyg@quicknet.nl
2022-9-13
Use props
semfg
lvl.1
Germany

Morgans Friend Posted at 2021-8-11 10:50

Would also love to see how you solved it with photos :-)
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules