Unlock requests are EXTREMELY confusing. No polygon tool for P4P.
1344 0 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Spent 1 hour and 17 minutes on the phone with DJI support trying to figure out why I could not draw a polygon when submitting a Custom Unlock request in a geo-fenced restricted area. I fly a P4P. Only the "Circle" option was available for drawing the desired unlock area. My project will not work with a circle. I require a polygon.

Here's the first screen you see when creating a new request...

unlock

unlock

It clearly states: "Draw a circle or a polygon anywhere on the map and apply to unlock".  Nowhere during the unlock process does it mention a word about any a/c type being prohibited from using the polygon tool. When you click on the "Custom Unlocking" button, it brings you to what appears to be a proper screen (no warnings or disclaimers) but only has the "Circle" option available to draw your desired unlock area - no polygon tool is available. There is no way to draw a polygon! Finally - after 01:17:00 on the phone, the answer comes back that the only a/c types that can use the polygon tool are P4P V2/P4P +V2/P4 RTK/MAVIC AIR/MAVIC 2/INSPIRE 2.

That needs to be addressed by DJI. It comes across as uber-dismissive. DJI customers are not clairvoyant!! DJI is inferring to its customers: "Just figure it out yourself". (Sigh...)

2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules