New Phantom 2 won't start (pls help)
4350 7 2014-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Help, my New phantom 2 wont work (got it few days ago).
Remote control and phantom turns on fine, but as soon as i "pull both sticks on the remote controll down to start" the light on the phantom starts flashing RED (motor doen't spin).
I tried installing the " Phantom 2 Assistant software " on my Imac but can't open or run it (dosn't work on my mac).

imac 2011 27-inch
Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Processor  3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Has anyone encountered this issue? is my Phantom faulty?

Please help

2014-11-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As usual, in order to help we need more information.
"pull both sticks on the remote controll down to start" the light on the phantom starts flashing RED (motor doen't spin).
Firstly you don't pull both sticks down to start, and which ones of the 4 LED's are flashing red ?
The latest MAC assistant can be downloaded from this site, along with the manual, look under your model and downloads.
Is the Phantom brand new or second-hand ?

2014-11-24
Use props
Akpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply

I meant to say i pulled DOMN both sticks as shown in the quick start guide - http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf

The two back LED's close to the battery are flashing RED 3 times

I downloaded The latest MAC assistant for "PHANTOM 2" from this site(Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.6) http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
I installed it fine but it won't open on my mac.

The phantom is brand new (just got it few days ago)
2014-11-24
Use props
Akpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-11-25 03:29
As usual, in order to help we need more information.
"pull both sticks on the remote controll down t ...

Ok after messing around with it, it only works now after i power everything on and flip the phantom on its back first then right back up.

I think its strange that everytime i wanna use it, i have to first of all flip it up side down first
2014-11-24
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

Maybe a issue with firmware?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-11-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I doubt it Is anything to do with the firmware.
Sounds like a very strange problem indeed.
I would take it back to the dealer and show him the problem.
2014-11-24
Use props
Akpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guys, i'll take it out for a spin tomorrow and if it persist then i'll have to contact Heliguy's for a replacement
2014-11-24
Use props
djstansel
New

United States

Just had the same thing happen to me .  When levers in place to start rotors I get three blinks of a red light.  Down loaded the new software to the phantom and today all works.  I had to down load the drivers first then the software.  This was not mentioned that I could find. Today stopped and started four times and everything worked on clue.    DAN
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules