kairs
New
Flight distance : 3578789 ft
  • >>>
Norway

After activating the googles / drone it is required to update firmware

Firmware upgrades fails from phone, mac and PC

This is the screenshoot from the PC

I can click Upload ErroAgQIEBgSAL/D6Fn/SVf8aDmAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC[/img] Capture.PNG

Anyone found a solution for this? DJI Support?

I have serveral other DJI drones before. the process for DJI FPV feels unfinished :-(

2021-3-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found that the Assistant 2 does not work on a Mac to transfer logs etc, but it will allow updating firmware. On. PC I found the Assistant would allow updates and log transfers.

For the Mac this is something to do with the Horndis tether App for the Mac not working correctly.

I found that the Assistant 2 does not correctly set the update flag in the goggles so it continually requests a firmware update even if it has been done.

Power up the Drone, Goggles & Remote. Connect the short USB OTG cable to the goggles USB-C connector and a phone or tablet running the latest Fly App - either from the App Store or download from the DJI Downloads page for Android.

Start the Fly App and it will complete the firmware update process. For the first update this can take 40+ mins so ensure everything is fully charged before you start.

DJI do have an issue with making sure all the software is working with every combination that is out in the real world. It seems that iOS apps for consumer drones are usually well developed. Commercial drones seem to have Android Apps more developed. The Assistant 2 app is very flaky and doesn't always work, which is frustrating.
2021-3-28
Use props
kairs
New
Flight distance : 3578789 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Buzzyone Posted at 3-28 02:40
I found that the Assistant 2 does not work on a Mac to transfer logs etc, but it will allow updating firmware. On. PC I found the Assistant would allow updates and log transfers.

For the Mac this is something to do with the Horndis tether App for the Mac not working correctly.

Thx, going back to DJI Fly on the ipad again, the upgrade of firmware worked!

Steps I did

1. IPhone DJI Fly: Falied (multiple tries)
2. IPad DJI Fly: Falied (multiple tries)
3. Mac (M1) DJI Assistant 2: Falied
4. PC DJI Assistant 2: Falied
5. IPad DJI Fly: Success
2021-3-28
Use props
fans0f505cc7
New
Finland

I have a problem updating the Controller's firmware. With DJI Assistant 2 on pc failed after it's 50% and also on iPad and iPhone...
2022-6-28
Use props
fansc6ecab41
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kairs Posted at 2021-3-28 04:52
Thx, going back to DJI Fly on the ipad again, the upgrade of firmware worked!

Steps I did

Just got the Avata and unable to update. Fly app fails saying no network connection. Tried on IPhone and IPad. Any ideas please?
2022-9-8
Use props
fans82b2d787
New

United States

This is frustrating. I’ve also tried with:

-Mac assistant 2: failed
-windows surface: failed
-iPhone: failed
-iPad: failed  

Everything has been charged 100% before updating. If anyone can shine some light on this issue, that would be tremendous help
2022-9-10
Use props
djiuser_miACX4kwQllC
New

United States

Any update?
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_q62BTs7J8iB7
New

United States

fans82b2d787 Posted at 2022-9-10 03:48