Mavic Air 2 lost over the sea
1703 21 2021-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21955 ft
Turkey

hi there i start case but noone replied me back yet ,my drone lost contact over the sea and couldnt find after that after i fly 5 minutes with it.i need help immediately.thanks you.last videos i took from cache is here.we went there my boat by the last location of drone we dive there but couldnt find anythng about it too

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_yf7h8HdtekJgQ15iLTJWUIi3V1NpmIW/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_yf7h8HdtekJgQ15iLTJWUIi3V1NpmIW/view?usp=drivesdk

2021-3-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RıdvanK. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2021-3-28
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-28 21:14
Hello there RıdvanK. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.

thanks you yeah its so sad.I already sent mail to support but no reply yet
2021-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i need help immediately.thanks you.last videos i took from cache is here
The videos are no help at all but your flight data probably would be.

If you want help please post your flight data.
To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
Post a link for the report here (even if it looks like the report is empty)..
Or just post the .txt file.

2021-3-28
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

i post flight record there but cant see anything like error code.
2021-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RıdvanK. Posted at 3-29 00:11
i post flight record there but cant see anything like error code.

Read these instructions again:

Upload the data to that site and it will give a report
Post a link for the report here (even if it looks like the report is empty)..
Or just post the .txt file.

Someone will be able to analyse the data and possibly give you useful information.

2021-3-29
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

Labroides Posted at 3-29 03:09
Read these instructions again:

Upload the data to that site and it will give a report

ahh sorry i really feel bad about it . so i missed what you said but i already sent flight records and all data to dji support i will wait for their analyze team .Thanks for your kindness
2021-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RıdvanK. Posted at 3-29 03:50
ahh sorry i really feel bad about it . so i missed what you said but i already sent flight records and all data to dji support i will wait for their analyze team .Thanks for your kindness

Your initial post sounded like you wanted help fast.
DJI will take their time and aren't known for giving good explanations.

You could get a detailed analysis within 30 minutes ... but only if you want it.
2021-3-29
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/AAU0732L5LNQ5SMCRIB4 its the log file s view.
2021-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RıdvanK. Posted at 3-29 04:04
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/AAU0732L5LNQ5SMCRIB4 its the log file s view.

You lowered the drone until it reached -80 metres at 2:58 and left it hovering while you turned it around (photographing perhaps?)
At 4:35.1 the drone started to wobble a little and slowly rotate anti-clockwise and lose height.
A second later the instability became more severe with the drone rolling hard to the right and spinning faster.
The data is showing that the drone lost either a propeller or a motor and spiralled down into the sea.
It's a little difficult to tell which motor/prop because you pushed the right stick forward just as the problem started.

The location where the drone entered the water was:  41.18240  29.10321

Good luck with DJI.
2021-3-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Takeoff height = 105 meter above water level.
Last record in your log at minus 104.2, did end up in the sea.

But before that a impact on your drone, seeing the pitch and roll drone angles; after the impact ot dropped down rapidly from -80 to - 104.

More info to be found in your DAT file for this flight, its FLY097.DAT, on your mobile device too
If you like post a cloud link to that file.

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
2021-3-29
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

Labroides Posted at 3-29 04:26
You lowered the drone until it reached -80 metres at 2:58 and left it hovering while you turned it around (photographing perhaps?)
At 4:35.1 the drone started to wobble a little and slowly rotate anti-clockwise and lose height.
A second later the instability became more severe with the drone rolling hard to the right and spinning faster.

Yes ı was at hills and i take off from there wanted get close to see some so i go down lil bit i was shooting part by part and preparing for main shooting of day .I turned my drone back and get close to coast, all happened after that.My controller was in tripod mode till there and i was changed to normal at that point when i check flight record again on dji fly app i see its says max voltage and motor error for a second then its lost connection.I can see spinning of my drone like you said at the end.I was prepared good for that shooting but why ended like this i dont know too...
2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RıdvanK. Posted at 3-28 21:31
thanks you yeah its so sad.I already sent mail to support but no reply yet

Hi there RıdvanK. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. I definitely understand how you feel and it great to know that you have already contacted our DJI Support Team. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_7XLKdBtQ70TU
New

United States

Hi. My mavic air 2 just lost because the sensor didn’t work well. It should stops when see obstacles. It crashed and dropped in the moutain. I was so sad and worried about that. I tried to find but I couldn’t find . It’s very dangerous place. Fortunately, I bought DJI care FRESH. ( the insurance that cover it) can you help me with this.
2021-3-31
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

djiuser_7XLKdBtQ70TU Posted at 3-31 19:48
Hi. My mavic air 2 just lost because the sensor didn’t work well. It should stops when see obstacles. It crashed and dropped in the moutain. I was so sad and worried about that. I tried to find but I couldn’t find . It’s very dangerous place. Fortunately, I bought DJI care FRESH. ( the insurance that cover it) can you help me with this.

Dji decided to replace my drone with new one i hope they will help you too.I was too sad in last days that made me really happy
2021-4-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RıdvanK. Posted at 4-1 04:06
Dji decided to replace my drone with new one i hope they will help you too.I was too sad in last days that made me really happy

Good news for you RidvanK and DJI !

happy many landings with your replacement drone

cheers
JJB
2021-4-1
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

JJB* Posted at 4-1 04:24
Good news for you RidvanK and DJI !

happy many landings with your replacement drone

ı guess i will never fly over water again ,we had an adventure on the sea while searching for my drone too.Thanks you a lot.I guess i will be buying new mini 2 soon after that too
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_7XLKdBtQ70TU
New

United States

RıdvanK. Posted at 4-1 04:06
Dji decided to replace my drone with new one i hope they will help you too.I was too sad in last days that made me really happy

That’s good to hear that. I hope they can help with my case. I got an request to send them the fly data-history...  did you do the same things? I think they try to figure it out the pilot error or drone error. Do you have any advice? Thanks!
2021-4-1
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

djiuser_7XLKdBtQ70TU Posted at 4-1 06:38
That’s good to hear that. I hope they can help with my case. I got an request to send them the fly data-history...  did you do the same things? I think they try to figure it out the pilot error or drone error. Do you have any advice? Thanks!

Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ you can post your log here and ask people s help who knows about it to analyze for you some then you can have idea about it,when they check mine and said my drone lost motor or propeller,i checked flight records too and i can see there my drone gives error like that too after flying 4 minutes without problem.
2021-4-1
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Sounds like an attack by seagull...motor/propeller damage...
2021-4-1
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Turkey

Rustic17 Posted at 4-1 21:19
Sounds like an attack by seagull...motor/propeller damage...

ım so care about those birds cuz ı was really afraid if they attack my dronebut im sure there was none of them there at that bay i fly over
2021-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules