Binding Googles V2 with air unit
8502 8 2021-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustler
lvl.1

Germany

I have just received the new DJI Goggles V2 and managed it to activate and update with the latest firmware V01.00.0606. Then i connected my air unit first time with my computer and wanted to activate, but i only can update the firmware. So i updated to the latest version V01.00.0600. So far so good. But now i tried several times to bind the goggles with the air unit but with no success. The goggles go into bind modus (beeping) and the air unit also (from green to red light), but nothing happens. Beeping and red light are never stopping.

So i am thinking of 2 issues:
1. I did not really activate the air unit like the goggles. How can i do that? DJI Assistant2 (FPV series) only offers me to change firmware when connecting the air unit.
2. Goggles and air unit have currently different firmware versions. But i can not downgrade the firmware of the goggles anymore (no firmware downgrade offered in  Assistant2) and there is no firmware version V01.00.0606 shown for the air unit.

So, has someone an idea what i can do next?
Thanks.

2021-3-29
Use props
787driver
New

Spain

In settings : ABOUT option , keep scrolling down, I had the same issue and it was just a matter of keep going down the options and there it was !!! FPV option. Has taken me a few hours to find the answer!
2021-3-29
Use props
Rustler
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks for your proposal. I have not OPTIONS in the menu but SETTINGSand there i can change the DEVICE from DJI FPV to DJI Digital FPV System and back. But non of these options worked.
Any other idea?
2021-3-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rustler Posted at 3-31 09:03
Thanks for your proposal. I have not OPTIONS in the menu but SETTINGSand there i can change the DEVICE from DJI FPV to DJI Digital FPV System and back. But non of these options worked.
Any other idea?

Make sure you have the latest Assistant 2 for the goggles, down load from the DJI FPV downloads page.

I have the same firmware and it works fine.

I suggest you swap the goggles to ‘DJI FPV’ then update the firmware or refresh it. Then change back to ‘DJI FPV System’ don’t forget to restart the goggles each time and try again.

Also make sure the goggles are paired to the air unit before its paired to the remote. If the remote is already paired make sure it’s powered off while you pair the goggles to avoid any extra complications.
2021-3-31
Use props
Rustler
lvl.1

Germany

I had a long chat today with DJI Support. We tried various methods, but nothing worked. So i have to send goggles and air unit to their repair center.
So thank you very much for your replies.
2021-4-1
Use props
Kwatson77
New

United States

I had the same problem until I unplugged the USB from the Air Unit.
2021-5-22
Use props
David Geens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213934 ft
Belgium

Got yesterday my new V2 goggles.
And i have the same problems.
2021-6-8
Use props
David Geens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213934 ft
Belgium

solved my problem.

pushed the binding button 2 times and the binding was there.
2021-6-8
Use props
Rustler
lvl.1

Germany

Meanwhile i got my Goggles and Air Unit back from DJI service. Everything worked the regular way (register and binding process).
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules