19720 73 2021-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZS48IyyVFwEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000935 ft
Canada

Hello,
I have a Samsung S21 and the DJI FLY app is not working well with my Mini 2. I have a problem with the photos and videos cache and the screen is jerky. The device has already been released for 3 months.
This is the flagship device of the Samsung brand !!

I really appreciate your products but I'm disappointed here.

Will the next update support the S21 Ultra?

Thanks

2021-3-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, all.  Sorry for the long waiting and any inconvenience caused during the period. Would you please go to our official website and reinstall the DJI FLY App? Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 Ultra be compatible with the DJI Fly application and with the DJI Mini 2. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_94lJpX2gr2iF
New
United Kingdom

I might have the same issue, however with a S21 plus. Can record in 4k, but only at 24 fps. Just bought the drone. The gimbal moves @ 25fps and 30fps, but doesn't record. Not sure if it's a incompatibility issue?Furthermore and not wanting to hijack this post, but the functionality of the Dji FLY app disappointing. There is no live streaming i.e. Facebook, like on the Dji GO4 app as just upgraded from a Dji Spark. The spark is over 3 years old. The mini 2 is a great drone and flies far.
2021-3-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does your Ultra have the Snapdragon or Exynos processor?  Just asking as I have no issue using my S21 Ultra with a Snapdragon processor and the DJI Fly App for Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2.  
2021-3-31
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Where did you buy the S21 Ultra (with 5G?)
I'm afraid in Europe (DE / AT) you won't be able to choose which CPU is installed ... At least it will be on:
https://www.refurbed.at/p/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/10484/
one offered with Exynos 2100 CPU. On Amazon I can't even see which CPU is installed.
Geizhals.at says "1x 2.90GHz Cortex-X1 + 3x 2.80GHz Cortex-A78 + 4x 2.20GHz Cortex-A55" ...
So it seems to be a gamble which CPU is installed.
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_ZS48IyyVFwEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000935 ft
Canada

Hello,

I have a Snapdragon and I have this problem too.
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_8PqjQGKaWKZt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289688 ft
France

I have the same concern with DJI GO 4 and a Mavic 2 Pro on my s21 ultra. I'm interesting to know if DJI will deliver quickly an uptade in order to correct this concern.
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_gAOYoOTsJSsq
lvl.1

Malaysia

Same.. No live view M2P+S21U exynos
2021-4-2
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

Why hasn't this been fixed yet? The s21 is a popular phone and it's been out for ages.
2021-4-3
Use props
fansa5f1a2d1
lvl.1

Argentina

Is there any news about S21 ? i just bought one and find out this! dont know what to do!
2021-4-15
Use props
fredphoto
lvl.1
United States

When there will be a fix????
2021-4-17
Use props
Bob Barker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why do you all blame DJI for not supporting your phones. The phone came out after the drone and it works a treat. Check the spec your phones are not supported. Your problem, not DJIs.
2021-4-20
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Not had those problems with my S21 ultra?
Did have the 4K problem which has now been fixed
In the latest update?
2021-4-21
Use props
chefMark
lvl.1

United States

Bob Barker Posted at 4-20 06:12
Why do you all blame DJI for not supporting your phones. The phone came out after the drone and it works a treat. Check the spec your phones are not supported. Your problem, not DJIs.

This is a dumb pointless comment.  In 5 years, are we to assume you need a 6 year old phone to use the drone?  Come on.....they should work with flagships
2021-4-21
Use props
chefMark
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-30 20:47
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 Ultra be compatible with the DJI Fly application and with the DJI Mini 2. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

It's been 3 months.  This phone has been out for a long while.  I crashed my drone because I had no idea that when I upgraded my phone, it wouldn't work anymore.  I paid for a new one....now I cannot even use it.  When is this going to be fixed?
2021-4-21
Use props
Bob Barker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chefMark Posted at 4-21 14:19
This is a dumb pointless comment.  In 5 years, are we to assume you need a 6 year old phone to use the drone?  Come on.....they should work with flagships

Who is dumb? My drone hasn't crashed through my own ignorance! I bought a new car yesterday, I dont expect the manufacturer to update it next year because tech moves on!!
2021-4-22
Use props
chefMark
lvl.1

United States

Bob Barker Posted at 4-22 05:41
Who is dumb? My drone hasn't crashed through my own ignorance! I bought a new car yesterday, I dont expect the manufacturer to update it next year because tech moves on!!

that logic doesn't add up.  Like at all.  That's akin to saying that you bought a new car, but the steering wheel isn't compatible so you can't drive it.
2021-4-22
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

No, it just means that a new phone launched AFTER the car was purchased will not be compatible with the car's infotainment system ...
While DJI regularly offers updates to the APP and the drone firmware, many car manufacturers will wait in vain for them.
I still hope that the DJI APP will be compatible by the time I buy the Samsung S21 - but there is still some time - Until then, I'll still have an iPhone 6S
2021-4-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

chefMark Posted at 4-21 14:23
It's been 3 months.  This phone has been out for a long while.  I crashed my drone because I had no idea that when I upgraded my phone, it wouldn't work anymore.  I paid for a new one....now I cannot even use it.  When is this going to be fixed?

I crashed my drone because I had no idea that when I upgraded my phone, it wouldn't work anymore.

Correction:  You crashed your drone because you didn't wait for GPS and launched any way.
You had no idea that the drone had no GPS or how to fly safely without GPS and flew the drone into a rock wall.

I paid for a new one....now I cannot even use it.  When is this going to be fixed?

FYI  Samsung are the cause of the software problem because they have used a new Exynos processor in some (not all) of their S21 phones.
The new Exynos processor does things differently from the processors in 99% of other Android devices.
It would take time for DJI to create a new version of the Fly app to be compatible with the non-standard Exynos processor.
They had to do that a year back with another Samsung "flagship" phone with a different Exynos processor.
2021-4-25
Use props
CyriusFlight
New

Canada

I have a Samsung Ultra S21 also and my drone was working fine with the new phone until just recently. I'm wondering if there was an update that might have caused the issue? The live view of the camera is not there but when I fly the drone and press the camera button the photo I took works? Any word on when this will be resolved as I'm with the others thinking that DJI or Samsung should have this corrected by now?
2021-5-3
Use props
fredphoto
lvl.1
France

For me still not working. No live Video! DJI we are waiting for you to solve the issue! Also the latest version of the app is not helping
2021-5-4
Use props
Drew7811
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1529 ft
United States

So what is the situation with the Galaxy S21 and the dji fly app? Is it not compatible? The app doesn't show up in the play store.  This phone was compatible when I got it,  now it's not? What is the deal?
2021-5-7
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Working ok on my S21 ultra?
Think someone stated they have pulled the app from play store ? Think to do with google?

You can download the app from DJI main site and the app does update itself on the phone now.

But deffo working on mine in 4k etc etc!
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_l9bpiZL95IZH
New

Canada

I have no live view with my s21 ultra snap dragon. I used to have it but it disappeared after an update. I can't fly the drone without live view.
2021-5-11
Use props
JayMavPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352474 ft
United Kingdom

Same here. S21 ultra 5g. Exynos. Constantly Greyed out video feed then colour, loads of lag.  iPad iPhone other Samsung's work good. It's a joke come on DJI please fix this issue.
2021-5-15
Use props
chasebytheocean
New

Mexico

SOLUTION!!!!!

you will not find the app in the google play store.... you will have to download it from the samsung store
2021-5-16
Use props
djiuser_yDb1STxLGB0o
New
Flight distance : 53136 ft
Finland

Had the same issue with version 1.4.0 reverted back to v 1.2.4 and boom live video is back.
Here's a direct link to download the APK

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-2-4-release/
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_9Ua4Zrpwib9G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30689 ft
United States

thank you kinda sucks having to downgrade versions just to use on my s21 ultra phones been out for months dji please look into this
2021-5-19
Use props
fansadb00b6c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3366 ft
Greece

Hello, i m so sad, i baught a New s21 ultra and now it s not working with the dji app, i have a Black screen....i also updated the app and start the Installation from the beginning again..can somebody help me?
2021-5-20
Use props
fansadb00b6c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3366 ft
Greece

djiuser_9Ua4Zrpwib9G Posted at 5-19 02:28
thank you kinda sucks having to downgrade versions just to use on my s21 ultra phones been out for months dji please look into this

Wie kann man versionen denn downgraden, bei mir klappt es nicht..
2021-5-20
Use props
Sindamanoy
New

Colombia

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung S21 Ultra be compatible with the DJI Fly application and with the DJI Mini 2. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

I can not work with my Mavic 2 pro and my Samsung s21 ultra
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sindamanoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2021-6-14
Use props
Tetrarcha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Poland

A problem that has been occurring for several months.
I have an S21 Ultra, mini 2 and a mavic 2 zoom - on both devices it does not work.
DJI Fly freezes the screen when recording.
DJI go 4 is black all the time.

This is sick!
2021-6-18
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Tetrarcha Posted at 6-18 04:49
A problem that has been occurring for several months.
I have an S21 Ultra, mini 2 and a mavic 2 zoom - on both devices it does not work.
DJI Fly freezes the screen when recording.

Try version 1.4.0 it works fine . Just dont update until DJI gets the Samsung phones compatible with their latest firmware
2021-6-18
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI must fix this, with version 1.4.0 dji fixed it, but they have broken it again.
2021-6-18
Use props
LexvdN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110295 ft
France

Same problem here. Bizar!
2021-6-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

This is a GARBAGE answer!!! The Exynos S21 Ultra is worldwide and the problems should be addressed IMMEDIATELY!!! The Snapdragon version works great, So should the Exynos version!!!
2021-6-30
Use props
Holyfrey
New

Norway

I have this problem also with the DJI App on Samsung S21 Plus, I have also try on regular Samsung s21 same problems there also. I think its some codec problems because its only the video that is the problem, the videos picture dont show on the screen all other features in menus work. And if you connect a Old Samsung s8, or s7 it works, you need a old phone to be using a 2021 DJI Drone lol this is Childish lol, DJI wake the F up, we pay alot of money for your products as they are realy good products, but the Phone/Android software sucks lol It have taken a long time now I see in this posts so Its time for some action here. This have set my work back alot and losing money on this problems. So if things do not chance soon, I will send this problem to a class action low suite, if things is not corrected soon.
2021-7-1
Use props
fans216786e6
lvl.1
Italy

Bob Barker Posted at 4-20 06:12

Ah ok, it means I can use only the phones released before the drone. Ok, interesting. So why do they update it? You buy it  with the software of day one. If you like you like, if you don't don't buy. Your stupid comment meant this? If so, I'm with you.
2021-8-28
Use props
fans216786e6
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 22:54
Hello there Sindamanoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

[view_image]
You guys in DJI continue sending as reference this s_h_i_t list. You did the same with me when I tried to contact you. The latest Samsung phone on the list is the S9, released now 4 years ago. This is the status of your list. And I already told you several times that DJI worked with S10 and S20 as well. At least update your stupid and useless list!! Now, we are almost in 2022, and 99% of the devices in your list is NO MORE on the fucking market. Do you tell me that I have to spend $2000 for a drone, and then I have to buy a 3 years second hand phone only for that? Is this the kind of support DJI provides to the customers? Good to know, good to know.
2021-8-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules