Tree trimming with my P3... Not a good idea!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Last night it finally happened - became disortiented with the P3 and flew it into a bunch of trees. It was about 50 yards out, luckily only about 15 feet up. I thought I was moving it back toward me, I looked down at the monitor just in time to realize it was flying away from me and into the trees. I was really lucky in that I don't see any aparent damage. I pulled it out of the brush, hovered it for a while and then flew around a bit. All seems to be fine. I'll recalibrate everything tonight, but I think I lucked out. Gimble and camera seem fine as well.

Odly, one of our photographers who has extensive experience with RC aircraft just told me the other day; "If you ever lose it in the brush or trees, be sure to take your RC transmitter when you go to look for it. As you approach where you think it might be, bump the motors a bit, and unless it's totally trashed, you'll hear the rotors attempt to spin up". Lucky I did that or I would never have found it in the thick brush it was in.

2015-7-15
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

Wow thats fantastic it wasn't damaged and thats a great tip with using the transmitter to find the craft
2015-7-15
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

If u loose orientation? Let go of the sticks and it will just stop and hover ... get your orientation back then!
2015-7-15
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-16 05:19
If u loose orientation? Let go of the sticks and it will just stop and hover ... get your orientatio ...

Yea, that would be the logical solution. But by the time I realized I was in trouble, it was too late to do anything other than watch in horror!
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules