o(^-^)o
Niflheim The Dude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 533048 ft
Romania

So this is what DJI should be doing trough an update to the Mini and Mini2
https://www.fimi.com/fimi-x8-mini.html
Active track, smartphone only control optional, 4k HDR plus many more
When its available in my country I will sell my mini, bye bye dji with cripleware features
2021-4-2
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

Yep.  I can't wait to see the reviews on real-life performance.
2021-4-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s fluff.  All of it.  Fimi’s are always disappointing.
2021-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having seen the footage from some of their drones, the quality is awful.
2021-4-3
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

We will see, when it is on the market. If we are comparing drone we should compare the real experience. Advertising has its rules - not all sugar pieces are as sweet as advertised.
For over 1 year when I've decided to buy a real drone, I was concidering buying a Fimi drone. I've seen hundrets of Youtube Videos. Finally I've decided to buy Mavic mini. The weight wasn't the main factor for me. I wanted a Gear that I can relay on. If You compare the sensibility of the Controller mini wins with most of the cheaper rivals.
DJI has built its Name in the drone World. Fimi still tries to be comparable with DJI. We will see when the x8 Mini is released and well tested. The only thing I envy is the factory Red housing colour.
2021-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lot's of marketing hype.  I'm going to hold judgement on it  being a Mini Killer until I see how it performs once in pilot's hands.
2021-4-3
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Try not to get your hopes up too much. I'd hold my decision for that if I were you. If this drone would be anything like the fimi 8x se or other drones from fimi, the quality would not be as good as you expect. Either way, try to wait for multiple reviews before actually getting one.
2021-4-3
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I really do hope that DJI is FINALLY getting some competition so it'll push them into the right direction of giving us more.
2021-4-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-7 14:33
I really do hope that DJI is FINALLY getting some competition so it'll push them into the right direction of giving us more.

this sort of thinking is based on the premise that dji is giving us less due to lack of adequate competition.  i disagree.

there are so many variables involved such as rules and regulations, tariffs and technology, safety and security....each of these will have a big impact on what dji is willing to deliver to customers and when.  if a bunch of lesser known competitors start to enter the market, you will likely see changes to prices long before you get your other "wishes."  often times, a manufacturer will copy another but i doubt anyone else is that much smarter than dji prompted them to adopt a new feature or technology (but i guess it could happen).

imo, when it comes to selling drones in the america market, it's not all that typical and the prevailing norms don't  really apply.  as long as dji has all the big bucks and all the channels locked up, it's not really going to matter much what the competition offers.  right now dji has a different perception problem they need to tackle.

i recommend a different approach to getting things done rather than encouraging these no-name competitors to step up.  you don't really see people wanting new mobiles to hit the shelves trying to encourage apple to put 5g or other features in their phones; they basically do it when they get ready.

if anything, i expect the likes of autel and skydio and others to be the driving force.
2021-4-7
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Tbh I fail to see where you're going with this The Saint, maybe it's just me, you seem to deny a lack of competition in the ultra-light segment <250gr drone than you indicate potential competitors which currently to my knowledge lack competing products.

Anyway... good luck to Fimi X8 Mini, even big name brands nowadays copied each other. I really wish the Mini was offered with more unrestricted software, in my particular case active tracking of subjects and follow GPS beacon. The first is built in (but crippled so you can't use it for more than a handful of seconds), the latter might and still be hidden away from us (disabled).
2021-4-7
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Hi, friends

Xiaomi produces from nail clippers to electric cars and one of its divisions, Fimi, produces gimbal, cameras and drones that put on the market a 245 gram mini drone (in the PRO version that uses LiPo, the STANDARD uses Li-Ion batteries, making the drone weigh 258 grams), given the success of the DJI Mini.
I liked the battery charging solution via smartphone charger and "C" type cable and the more complete intelligent flight modes.
Not to disregard Fimi, we saw that the quality and after sales of DJI is unsurpassed, however, it is worth remembering that many people do not care much for the brand and see the price factor as decisive in the choice of their first drone or a light flying camera, which be easy to fly with autonomous flight modes and practical to take anywhere.
Let's wait and see in practice if we have now, not only a competitor, but an economical and reliable alternative.

Hugs

2021-4-7
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

Seeing as this Fimi X8 Mini has a price tag of $900+ for base package, I'll stick to my Mavic Mini. Even the Mini 2 with Fly more has a better price point and Fimi doesn't offer $200 worth of extra's. If I want the tracking capabilities, I'll just use Dronelink or Litchi.
But then this is just My point of view....
2021-4-9
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

doglaboi Posted at 4-9 04:45
Seeing as this Fimi X8 Mini has a price tag of $900+ for base package, I'll stick to my Mavic Mini. Even the Mini 2 with Fly more has a better price point and Fimi doesn't offer $200 worth of extra's. If I want the tracking capabilities, I'll just use Dronelink or Litchi.

Yeah I fully agree
2021-4-10
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Junior - Brazil Posted at 4-7 19:20
Hi, friends

Xiaomi produces from nail clippers to electric cars and one of its divisions, Fimi, produces gimbal, cameras and drones that put on the market a 245 gram mini drone (in the PRO version that uses LiPo, the STANDARD uses Li-Ion batteries, making the drone weigh 258 grams), given the success of the DJI Mini.

The marketing for the weight though is questionable for me. It markets a sub 250g drone but it's like one of those contracts wherein you need to read the fine print, and in this case, the fine print is that you need to shelf out more to get the lipo battery that gives you sub 250g performance
2021-4-10
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Junior - Brazil Posted at 4-7 19:20
Hi, friends

Xiaomi produces from nail clippers to electric cars and one of its divisions, Fimi, produces gimbal, cameras and drones that put on the market a 245 gram mini drone (in the PRO version that uses LiPo, the STANDARD uses Li-Ion batteries, making the drone weigh 258 grams), given the success of the DJI Mini.

Also the improvement to go for the lipo "pro" battery is really not worth it unless you are just meeting weight restrictions. Cause I mean when the mini 2 was introduced and used lipo batteries, it not only gave the mini 2 less weight and a 1 minute increase in battery, but most importantly, it gave it more speed, power, and wind resistance. The fimi pro battery doesn't give power boosts at all.
2021-4-10
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

We'll see, let's wait for the tests, but if FIMI does a good job DJI will finally have a serious competitor and maybe they will pull their fingers....
2021-4-10
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

Even if it does, it doesn't offer THAT much improvement over Mini 2 to justify that big of a price gap. Sure active track and HDR are nice, but on all other counts the Mini 2 beats Fimi (especially price).
Just compare the two side by side and you'll see Mini 2 tops the Fimi. And DJI knows that, so I don't think this will be a competitor for the Mini 2 at all.
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_ujCT6D3zM5zX
lvl.1

Netherlands

doglaboi Posted at 4-10 07:24
Even if it does, it doesn't offer THAT much improvement over Mini 2 to justify that big of a price gap. Sure active track and HDR are nice, but on all other counts the Mini 2 beats Fimi (especially price).
Just compare the two side by side and you'll see Mini 2 tops the Fimi. And DJI knows that, so I don't think this will be a competitor for the Mini 2 at all.

I do not know why they do it, but at the moment when the Fimi is not available, they change the price to close to 1000 dollars, but that's not the actual price for the X8 mini.

It costs just under 400 dollars, so as far as I know, it costs less than the Mini 2...
2021-4-10
Use props
AleRauseo
lvl.2

Portugal

doglaboi Posted at 4-9 04:45

That is not the real price for that drone, that price is for limting sells because stocks. The final price tag for that drone is below the X8 SE, but one thing Fimi really dissapoint is the lack of batteries on the market, whats the point of start selling a product without more chances to buy more batteries and acessories?

the unique thing I really missed on the Mini2 is HDR Video.
2021-4-10
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

AleRauseo Posted at 4-10 11:20
That is not the real price for that drone, that price is for limting sells because stocks. The final price tag for that drone is below the X8 SE, but one thing Fimi really dissapoint is the lack of batteries on the market, whats the point of start selling a product without more chances to buy more batteries and acessories?

the unique thing I really missed on the Mini2 is HDR Video.

Ahh ok. I did see the 399 on the first picture of the drone but then I saw the price tag $918 and thought what the....
In that case let's wait for actual reviews of the Fimi Mini and compare them to our DJI Mini to see if it's worth to buy....
2021-4-10
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

ranrick Posted at 4-10 00:54
Also the improvement to go for the lipo "pro" battery is really not worth it unless you are just meeting weight restrictions. Cause I mean when the mini 2 was introduced and used lipo batteries, it not only gave the mini 2 less weight and a 1 minute increase in battery, but most importantly, it gave it more speed, power, and wind resistance. The fimi pro battery doesn't give power boosts at all.

I agree
2021-4-10
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Yeah, so that bit of sly marketing is a bit sketchy and gives a desperate look and impression. But then again, I guess we'll see how the actual product performs then, and I hope it does so better than its marketing.
2021-4-10
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Don't hold your breath, I have the Mini's big brother, the Fimi X8 SE 2020 and while it flies well enough and has decent battery life it's downhill from there, picture quality is poor (My Spark is 10x sharper), Dronie mode doesn't work properly (keeps losing you), Panoramas don't work properly (can't set manual exposure), no Sphere mode, and the list goes on and on.
2021-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules