Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji mavic mini killer Fimi X8 Mini
12Next >
5576 56 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niflheim The Dude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 533048 ft
Romania

So this is what DJI should be doing trough an update to the Mini and Mini2
https://www.fimi.com/fimi-x8-mini.html
Active track, smartphone only control optional, 4k HDR plus many more
When its available in my country I will sell my mini, bye bye dji with cripleware features

2021-4-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It doesn't even weight under 250g with the standar batteries... and it's just a cheap copy of the DJi Mini 2.

I don't fully trust my Mini 2 (90% trust), don't think I'd trust that drone more than 20%; if it falls you are still the one taking responsibility.

Mini 2 is more expensive... but when you are buying DJIs drones you are also paying for the I+D, while all FIMI does is just press Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

PS: At least the FIMI supports HEVEC... still don't know why the Mini 2 records in H.264 instead... such waste of quality/space.
2021-4-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Wonder if you would get a combo deal with more batteries, this will kill the Dji Mini2 on paper but in real life flight we would need to wait and see.
2021-4-2
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

You enjoy your second rate fimi while the rest of us continue to enjoy flying our PREMIUM DJI products. I am so sure DJI are so worried that you will sell your Mini 2 and go to a useless Fimi product lol.

There is a very good reason DJI are known as the 'Apple' of the drone products world. It is because their products, "just work".

Fimi? What a joke you are lol.

2021-4-2
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

There is a lot to live up to in their sales pitch. I'm prepared to wait and see results of initial flyers of this machine.
2021-4-2
Use props
Jevo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I doubt DJI are too concerned. Copies rarely match the thing they're copying
2021-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having seen the footage from some of their drones, the quality is awful.
2021-4-3
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

BaliSkies Posted at 4-2 16:55
You enjoy your second rate fimi while the rest of us continue to enjoy flying our PREMIUM DJI products. I am so sure DJI are so worried that you will sell your Mini 2 and go to a useless Fimi product lol.

There is a very good reason DJI are known as the 'Apple' of the drone products world. It is because their products, "just work".

I remember when the bitten off legs of electronic components fell out of the Samsung 15Gl...
And now he's a top-tier manufacturer!

And unlike DJI, there is ActivTrak, and if DJI continues to send us, even with the SDK, I think DJI's competitors will have a lot of supporters!

DJI can dictate their terms and ignore requests only until there are alternatives!
2021-4-3
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Have seen the price for the drone, and the unit package alone costs nearly as much as an mini 2 fmc where I'm from.

Also, you need to shelf out extra for the pro battery just to get the drone under 250g, which really feels a bit like loopholes or pay to unlock features which is not a good image for a product like this.
2021-4-3
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Plus even though similar between the upgrade from the mini to mini 2 wherein the switch to lipo batteries added a minute of flight time, but do take note that the mini 2 is actually more powerful than the mini (level 5 wind resistance and flies faster) and is actually lighter. So really the marketing for the battery really isn't good.

As for the drone quality, if it is anything like other drone from the same company, quality needs to be improved considerably.
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_ujCT6D3zM5zX
lvl.1

Netherlands

Some of the comments in this post do sound like on an Apple forum

I can only be happy that there will be some more competitors in this weightclass!
2021-4-3
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

Its good that there is competition out there as it will keep DJI on the ball
2021-4-3
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

To everyone who thinks the Fimi X8 Mini is so much better than the DJI Mini2 - WHO has already tried the Fimi himself, or are you just telling you what the advertising promises?So is Fimi really better and can tracking like the advertising promise? Whit which cell phones is it compatible?
2021-4-3
Use props
about_to_crash
lvl.1
Netherlands

- content -
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_ujCT6D3zM5zX
lvl.1

Netherlands

ozoffi Posted at 4-3 11:16
To everyone who thinks the Fimi X8 Mini is so much better than the DJI Mini2 - WHO has already tried the Fimi himself, or are you just telling you what the advertising promises?So is Fimi really better and can tracking like the advertising promise? Whit which cell phones is it compatible?
And of course the opposite is also true: "To everyone who thinks the DJI Mini2 is so much better than the Fimi X8 Mini - WHO has already tried the Fimi himself......"
2021-4-3
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

I have the DJI Mini2 and am quite satisfied with its functions - if I also want active tracking or less digital noise or 4k60FPS ... but wait - then I might have had to buy the AIr2, which can do it all!
Back to the Fimi X8 Mini - apparently nobody owns this drone yet and therefore has no experience with it, we'll talk more when the time comes
2021-4-3
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

I found a report on the Fimi X8 SE (unfortunately only in German ...):
https://www.china-gadgets.de/fim ... e-9/#comment-945889
If the quality of the X8 Mini is the same as that of the X8 SE, all I can say is "nicely meant, but no thanks".
Pay attention to the photos and the 4K video (if some are complaining about the image / video quality of the DJI Mini2, what do you say about the quality of the X8 - especially when flying quickly over the meadow ?!) - and also about the report of the radio range (red at 300m because the signal is weak - with the remote control ... now I don't even want to know when the signal will be weak if I only control the drone with my mobile phone via WiFi!)!
2021-4-4
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

ozoffi Posted at 4-3 23:21
I have the DJI Mini2 and am quite satisfied with its functions - if I also want active tracking or less digital noise or 4k60FPS ... but wait - then I might have had to buy the AIr2, which can do it all!
Back to the Fimi X8 Mini - apparently nobody owns this drone yet and therefore has no experience with it, we'll talk more when the time comes

Exactly! Not too long to wait now, is it? ( Unveils 06 Apr. I believe.)
2021-4-4
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

Always good to have more competition around. Whilst I can't say I'll buy this drone on the release day, I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

To those of you who think Xiaomi is just a worse rip off, I think Xiaomi becomes a brand to be wary of. Just have a look at their smartphone side of the business. Their latest Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra have the capability to compete with Samsung and Apple.

With no clear competition on the drone market & some legal issues DJI has to deal with in the US, there is no better time for Xiaomi to release a brand new drone. Except for Mini 1 and 2, there is no other drone available that'd be under 250g with capabilities of shooting high quality photos and videos. Even if this drone won't beat or even match the Mini 2, I reckon this won't be the last we hear from Xiaomi.
2021-4-4
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

FIMI X8 mini - 319 USD....

If the video quality is not very different, and DJI does not make ActivTrak or SDK, I think soon DJI marketers will realize that they have lost this time!
2021-4-5
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

ozoffi Posted at 4-3 23:21

What you write is fundamentally wrong.
I have a lot of respect for DJI, but their marketing policies are killing me. After all, I buy Mini (mini 1, and now mini 2) not because I do not have enough money, but because it weighs less than 250 grams and does not need to be registered. Why then am I limited in functions? Don't give a damn about ActiveTrack (safety, yeah), but why not HDR, CruiseControll, TapFly or Hyperlaps? Yes, at least the SDK is finally! DJI wants more money? No question - make a paid activation of "advanced" functions.
And I’ll tell you that DJI was a monopoly in the super lightweight division. DJI's big drones still have enough competitors, and DJI is in no hurry to release the mavic 3, trying to catch up with competitors, but not up to 250 grams. Now everything seems to be changing.I also won't say that I will buy it right after the start, but judging by the fimi X8 2020, the guys are on the right track. If DJI continues to block out its customers with standard moderators' phrases like "Hey, thanks for the offer. Referred to the technical team. Stay tuned" I will seriously consider buying another drone.
2021-4-5
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

Why is it wrong to say that I am basically satisfied with the Mini2 ?!  Or that I would like features that the Air2 offers and maybe I should have bought the Air2 because I knew BEFORE buying what the Mini2 can do ...?  If the competition brings such a drone onto the market and its quality is then also equivalent to the Mini2, everyone is free to buy this drone ....In any case, the report on the X8 SE does not encourage me to buy the X8 Mini ... But wait and see what others will report about this drone!
2021-4-5
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The few articles I've read said their current Fimi drones are very bad on range. So just in that instance it probably won't compete, much less video quality, stability, etc. with the Mini 2, we will see!
2021-4-5
Use props
Copenhagen Chris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126781 ft
Canada

Competition is definitely good, especially in niche markets like drones. I would assume that DJI's road map includes a lot of the features people would like to see in the next iteration, and at the end of the day consumers are going to line up the features of the product they want with their wallets. In Canada, the DJI Fly More pack costs $800 after tax - if there is a similar product for 40% less, it's going to take a bit away from DJI (and perhaps force them to change their approach), but it also might bring more people into the world of drones (both positive outcomes IMO).
2021-4-6
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

ozoffi Posted at 4-5 09:25
Why is it wrong to say that I am basically satisfied with the Mini2 ?!  Or that I would like features that the Air2 offers and maybe I should have bought the Air2 because I knew BEFORE buying what the Mini2 can do ...?  If the competition brings such a drone onto the market and its quality is then also equivalent to the Mini2, everyone is free to buy this drone ....In any case, the report on the X8 SE does not encourage me to buy the X8 Mini ... But wait and see what others will report about this drone!

A lot of people live in states with totalitarian governments, where every day they tighten the laws in everything, including on drones, so that they do not remove them from drones as officials stole billions. Plus, the standard of living in these countries is falling more and more.
Why do you think that ordinary people living in these countries are not worthy to think about the sky?

Unfortunately, Air 2 does not offer a weight of less than 250 grams, it does not even offer a weight of less than 500 grams, for example, in Turkey, you need to register drones over 500 grams.
2021-4-6
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

And further? In Austria, drones under 250g must also be registered (if they have a camera - like the Mini2)! In the EU there have been strict rules since 1.1.21 ... not only in the USA or in turkey!
But WHAT does all of this have to do with buying a product that states exactly what it can do and then complaining that it can't do what you want ?!
You can wish for anything, but to complain in such a tone and then threaten that it would have been the last drone and much more that you can read - are you really serious?

It is good that there is now a possible competitor that can possibly do more - then DJI will also have a motivation to at least equip the next model accordingly ... I hope so ...Because that will be the only possibility to bring about a change and to give emphasis to our wishes!
Only if the sales figures immediately collapse drastically because the competition brings something better on the market, something can possibly change - But certainly not, because threats are being made here ...

Only at the moment I am still curious about personal experiences with this miracle drone and about a CE certification for the EU, otherwise this drone is also uninteresting (at least for the EU) - no matter what it can do or how great it is.
The question is whether the EU does something or the manufacturer or one waits for the other (which I rather fear).

2021-4-6
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

BH Photo Fimi x8 Mini   $319 Sale!
$399 Reg Price
Instant Savings $80.00
Limited supply at this price
Expected availability: May 03, 2021, reliable US vendor!

2021-4-6
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Netherlands

ozoffi Posted at 4-6 05:59
And further? In Austria, drones under 250g must also be registered (if they have a camera - like the Mini2)! In the EU there have been strict rules since 1.1.21 ... not only in the USA or in turkey!
But WHAT does all of this have to do with buying a product that states exactly what it can do and then complaining that it can't do what you want ?!
You can wish for anything, but to complain in such a tone and then threaten that it would have been the last drone and much more that you can read - are you really serious?

No one is asking for AT from DJI, everyone wants the promised SDK!

At the time of buying the Mini 2, I had a perfectly working AT on the Mini 1!
2021-4-7
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

well.if the drone is ok would be nice for the competition ,, it would make DJI start to offer a better software upgrades support
2021-4-7
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

"No one is asking for AT from DJI"   
What ist "AT from DJI" ?
"everyone wants the promised SDK!"
Yes, but this is about something else ...
2021-4-7
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"DJI Mavic Mini Killer" - No, it's really not though is it
2021-4-13
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

2021-4-13
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

It is strange that to this day there is not a single confirmed flight video. Unboxing guys don't fly it for some reason, and the videos that claim to be actual Fimi X8 Mini footage never show the drone itself. It is a bit fishy if you ask me...
2021-4-13
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

But at least the APP can be installed using the QR code shown in the video ... So not all of them are fake.
2021-4-13
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

CemAygun Posted at 4-13 19:00
It is strange that to this day there is not a single confirmed flight video. Unboxing guys don't fly it for some reason, and the videos that claim to be actual Fimi X8 Mini footage never show the drone itself. It is a bit fishy if you ask me...

Well if Fimi is anything like DJI the App would not support the drone until launch day, thereby grounding all X8's until software/ App update!
2021-4-14
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Someone else has an unboxing of a DJI Air 2S, but can't fly it yet! The unboxing videos would be to hard to fake, especially given short time frame. Also the mini 2 had at least a few person's that purchased before release day, mostly from best buy. They could not activate the drone until the release day.
2021-4-14
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Indoors, but its flying. Outdoor test to follow...
2021-4-14
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

videoeditman Posted at 4-14 04:41
Someone else has an unboxing of a DJI Air 2S, but can't fly it yet! The unboxing videos would be to hard to fake, especially given short time frame. Also the mini 2 had at least a few person's that purchased before release day, mostly from best buy. They could not activate the drone until the release day.

Makes perfect sense, never thought about that. Probably these are regular guys that just received the drone early, not the influencers that get special treatment...
2021-4-14
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

jweaver Posted at 4-14 06:20

Indoors, but its flying. Outdoor test to follow...

Thanks a lot for the link, I was waiting for this (not the crash of course)...
2021-4-14
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 4-14 12:33
Thanks a lot for the link, I was waiting for this (not the crash of course)...

And now the video is gone.. Isn't that supicious?
2021-4-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules