Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some good news for Mini 2 owners (finally a rival coming)
3203 23 2021-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
Captain
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I have been following this up for some time, wondering how it would turn up:

https://dronedj.com/2021/04/02/f ... drone-with-a-catch/

FYI I have no affiliation to the site or the brand.

On paper it looks like a solid rival for Mini 2 with more advanced features like smart tracking, flight paths, HDR video, log color profile and H.265; albeit (and rather unfortunately) having a smaller sensor.

In reality, I don't know how it would compare to DM2, yet I hope this will force DJI to give the updates everyone has been begging for. In the end competition is always good for the consumers

FIMI-X8-Mini-drone.jpg
2021-4-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

On paper looks like a very good drone
2021-4-2
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry i don't think dji will even blink at this drone.  it will have zero impact on their plans.  it's not about who can pack the most features into the small drone at the least price but who can sell the most.  any chinese drone that is only sold at bg or ali doesn't stand a chance here in america. what are you supposed to do if you break a drone arm? how do you get new sw?  what does the controller look like?  however, good luck to them.  competition is always a good thing.  unless that's a dji in disguise, they're going to get sued or reported to the ccp for stealing tech. LOL
/s
2021-4-2
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

The Saint Posted at 4-2 14:57
sorry i don't think dji will even blink at this drone.  it will have zero impact on their plans.  it's not about who can pack the most features into the small drone at the least price but who can sell the most.  any chinese drone that is only sold at bg or ali doesn't stand a chance here in america. what are you supposed to do if you break a drone arm? how do you get new sw?  what does the controller look like?  however, good luck to them.  competition is always a good thing.  unless that's a dji in disguise, they're going to get sued or reported to the ccp for stealing tech. LOL
/s

I also don't know how Xiaomi gets away with continuously stealing DJI's designs, but they are getting bolder every day. This drone looks almost identical to Mini 2 (it even comes with two batteries; one Lion, one LiPo). Maybe they are too powerful, at least in China, to mess with...

I cannot comment on US of course, but where I live fimi products are not too hard to find. I have seen their products in Xiaomi shops/booths etc. So I guess availability and after sales support outside China will be up to how much Xiaomi cares for it...
2021-4-2
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

Suren Posted at 4-2 13:19
On paper looks like a very good drone

Apart from the small sensor, I totally agree There are some "alleged" video samples on youtube but take them with a grain of salt...
2021-4-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

CemAygun Posted at 4-2 16:02
Apart from the small sensor, I totally agree  There are some "alleged" video samples on youtube but take them with a grain of salt...

Most drone companies will try and compete with Dji but when you try and fly their drones it might prove to be very disappointing.
2021-4-2
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

Suren Posted at 4-2 16:26
Most drone companies will try and compete with Dji but when you try and fly their drones it might prove to be very disappointing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens here. Fimi products in general have been cheaper yet decent enough alternatives to DJI ones, falling short in an aspect or two. This I think is their most ambitious attempt, so it would be the riskiest as well.

One way or another, I just hope this gives DJI a bit of a push
2021-4-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2021-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect the quality of the footage will be pretty miserable.
2021-4-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 00:48
I suspect the quality of the footage will be pretty miserable.

I would not be surprised of that either Let's hope it is "not" for the time being, just so that this whole thing puts DJI in motion. We have pending update requests for our belowed Mini2s
2021-4-3
Use props
Jevo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Competition has to be a good thing. It'll keep DJI on their toes and force them to stay ahead of the game with updates and features.

Not sure how support will pan out with Fimi considering you will have to buy via bangood. Do they have a presence in the UK or US?
2021-4-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

Jevo Posted at 4-3 01:15
Competition has to be a good thing. It'll keep DJI on their toes and force them to stay ahead of the game with updates and features.

Not sure how support will pan out with Fimi considering you will have to buy via bangood. Do they have a presence in the UK or US?

I honestly don't know. Even here, where they are available from brick and mortar stores, I have never considered buying a Fimi product so far; as they were generally a tad, if not more, behind (although I have always appreciated their quality among the products within their price range).

I personally would not go for one unless I buy it locally, with all the warranty and after sales support.

2021-4-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-2 14:57
sorry i don't think dji will even blink at this drone.  it will have zero impact on their plans.  it's not about who can pack the most features into the small drone at the least price but who can sell the most.  any chinese drone that is only sold at bg or ali doesn't stand a chance here in america. what are you supposed to do if you break a drone arm? how do you get new sw?  what does the controller look like?  however, good luck to them.  competition is always a good thing.  unless that's a dji in disguise, they're going to get sued or reported to the ccp for stealing tech. LOL
/s

Aloha Saint,

So nice to read someone who understands the International market like you have represented.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 4-3 01:09
I would not be surprised of that either  Let's hope it is "not" for the time being, just so that this whole thing puts DJI in motion. We have pending update requests for our belowed Mini2s

One of my instagram followers had one of the other models fly away last week,  I dont think he was very happy about it.
2021-4-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 4-2 15:38
I also don't know how Xiaomi gets away with continuously stealing DJI's designs, but they are getting bolder every day. This drone looks almost identical to Mini 2 (it even comes with two batteries; one Lion, one LiPo). Maybe they are too powerful, at least in China, to mess with...

I cannot comment on US of course, but where I live fimi products are not too hard to find. I have seen their products in Xiaomi shops/booths etc. So I guess availability and after sales support outside China will be up to how much Xiaomi cares for it...

Aloha Aygun,

China does not appear to have any protections of Intellectual Property (IP).  Think about it.  To get ahead in today's world, with new ideas, protection for intellectual property only holds the country in jurisdiction, back.  So if China wants to speed forward in new technology, they will ignore protection for intellectual property.  Common sense.?!?!.

My brother in law and a few friends have manufacturing operations in China and they determine what may and may not be shared in their contracts.  There is also a special contract with the government that makes the agreement binding (I forget the number / name).  

Dealing with China is very interesting, but if you have a new idea, you might want to get the product in full production before EXPANDING to operations in China.  Once you go to China, you lose your control of your intellectual property.  You will soon find there is nothing you can do about that.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-4-3
Use props
ranrick
Captain
Flight distance : 331398 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

While competition is great, this drone still needs a lot of work on its quality based on reviews and the information provided so far.
2021-4-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 01:55
One of my instagram followers had one of the other models fly away last week,  I dont think he was very happy about it.

I am sure he wasn't Well as I said, we don't need it to be really good; we just need it to be good enough to disturb DJI a little bit. I mean having active track on a $320 250gr rival might make them change their mind about deliberately disabling it in their product. What can I say, wishful thinking ...

PS: As a counter argument to myself (before someone else says it), I know how stubborn they can be. We never got waypoints or even a gimbal up/down function for the original Mavic Air. I just hope it would be different know.

2021-4-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

Cetacean Posted at 4-3 02:04
Aloha Aygun,

China does not appear to have any protections of Intellectual Property (IP).  Think about it.  To get ahead in today's world, with new ideas, protection for intellectual property only holds the country in jurisdiction, back.  So if China wants to speed forward in new technology, they will ignore protection for intellectual property.  Common sense.?!?!.

Ah makes prefect sense, thanks a lot, very good information.

Cheers,
2021-4-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

ranrick Posted at 4-3 07:58
While competition is great, this drone still needs a lot of work on its quality based on reviews and the information provided so far.

I have seen a close up video, and I don't know if I am being biased (probably I am) but even in the video the plastic did not look right. It looked more like a cheap toy then a $320+ drone.

If I had the chance I would not mind trying one just for the sake of it though. I'll check if anyone I know here is going for it...
2021-4-3
Use props
ranrick
Captain
Flight distance : 331398 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

CemAygun Posted at 4-3 12:21
I have seen a close up video, and I don't know if I am being biased (probably I am) but even in the video the plastic did not look right. It looked more like a cheap toy then a $320+ drone.

If I had the chance I would not mind trying one just for the sake of it though. I'll check if anyone I know here is going for it...

Hope it works out well and good luck!
2021-4-3
Use props
MM Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

thank you for sharing! very interesting !
2021-4-3
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

ranrick Posted at 4-3 17:57
Hope it works out well and good luck!

Thank you, I will let everyone know if I ever get the chance
2021-4-4
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Philippines

MM Pilot Posted at 4-3 23:22
thank you for sharing! very interesting !

You are welcome
2021-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced