Clear goggle vision: Lens Adjustments etc.
3533 6 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Unzu
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

I just received the DJI FPV V2 goggles.
I could activate them just fine and so far, the build quality appears to be nice: I didn't see any dead pixels so far.

My problem is related to the proper adjustment of the lenses:

1) There are two sliders to adjust the position of each lens.
2) I tried to adjust the lenses by putting on the goggles, closing one eye and adjusting the slider position for the opened eye.
3) I repeated that process for the other eye.
4) I did that for both eyes, the center of the image looks fine - very clear!

However, I've got huge issues when looking at parts of the screen that are not at the center of the screen: The image gets very blurry!
I tried to recreate the effect that I am experiencing in paint with the DJI logo - don't judge me ;)
Basically, there is like a 'phantom' image on the border of the screen.

If I move the goggles on my head or adjust the lenses, i can remove this effect from one side of the image.
However, the more I adjust one side, the more the other one will show those phantom lines.
I tried to recreate it by adding those gray lines on the sides of the DJI Logo, I hope you can understand what I mean.

Do you experience that aswell?
Is it normal that the image gets blurry the closer your gaze moves to the borders of the screen?
Can I somehow fix that or at least reduce it? Maybe some kind of corrective glasses could improve the image?

Thanks for your time and advice!
Unzu

blurred right

blurred right

blurred left

blurred left
2021-4-4
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

I have the same problem.  The center looks fine, but the right and left periphery (depending on which eye I use) looks blurry.  I thought this was because my eyes were slightly wider apart... i know my sliders are set at max width.
2021-4-4
Use props
Jean Page
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554928 ft
Germany

Plasmo Posted at 4-4 14:23
I have the same problem.  The center looks fine, but the right and left periphery (depending on which eye I use) looks blurry.  I thought this was because my eyes were slightly wider apart... i know my sliders are set at max width.

I have the same problem, but not so drastic. Both sliders are on the widest position and I have to adjust the goggle very precisely with the headstrap to get a clear image on both sides. Seems we all have wide eye positions. Maybe it‘s because dji is an asian company and asians tend to have narrower eyes than us?
2021-4-5
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36860 ft
Australia

Jean Page Posted at 4-5 01:09
I have the same problem, but not so drastic. Both sliders are on the widest position and I have to adjust the goggle very precisely with the headstrap to get a clear image on both sides. Seems we all have wide eye positions. Maybe it‘s because dji is an asian company and asians tend to have narrower eyes than us?

LOLL
Ok so, I adjusted each eye just like you guys
But I just adjust until the outer edge isn’t blurry. Don’t worry about the left or center just until the outer edge is good.
Delete on other eye. Should be better.
Adjust strap straight after so that the top is tight and you will get the right eye position easier when you put them on next.
2021-4-5
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Could it be the "focus" mode in the goggles settings?
2021-4-5
Use props
Unzu
lvl.1

Germany

Pajomota Posted at 4-5 05:13
Could it be the "focus" mode in the goggles settings?

No, right now there is no connection active.
Its related to the optics.

I tried the goggles with some old glasses of my father and I feel like the blurring effect became less.
Gotta investigate in that some more.
2021-4-5
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

I have a similar problem with my new DJI Combo. I have found, however, that if I can make the goggles ride a bit higher on my face, everything improves. If the goggles sit kinda how they were designed, they get blurry. Ride them high and strangely the blurring goes away.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules