Looking for a cheaper drone thats compatible with V@ goggles and ...
1011 7 2021-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bodie07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506864 ft
Canada

any suggestions? I crashed my FPV unit... sucks! but im addicted to FPV now and want to know what other options are out there that i could use with my current remote and googles
I just wanna fly!!!
2021-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bodie07. I am sorry to know about your FPV unit and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give there best recommendation and there valued insights with regard to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-4
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Honestly there are loads of options anything with DJI, CADEX will connect to the DJI Goggles have a look try searching Google FPV Quad HD you will find the answer, does depend on experience but a good option for Noob pilot would be Cinewhoop
2021-4-5
Use props
jbmektx
lvl.1

United States

Sanrock U61W is a cheap and good drones. It's a $50 budget drone with a HD camera that offers real-time WIFI FPV transmission for video in addition to a 100m control distance.
2022-3-19
Use props
jbmektx
lvl.1

United States

In this review www.extremefliers.com/drones-under-50/ i also found a fews great drones which is budget friendly and under 50. You can check.
2022-3-20
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Unfortunately the only drone that will work with the controller is the FPV drone itself.

However replacing your broken drone with another DJI FPV drone is getting cheaper. Many folk bought the FPV combo just for the goggles and sold on the drone and controller. Just this week I purchased another DJI FPV Drone with everything but the goggles for £300,  which is about the average price here in the UK. If you wanted a more conventional quality FPV racer/freestyle to work with your goggles you’re probably looking at a similar cash price, but then you’d also have to factor in the cost of a suitable controller and compatible receivers, along with batteries and charger.
2022-3-21
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

jbmektx Posted at 3-20 23:50
In this review www.extremefliers.com/drones-under-50/ i also found a fews great drones which is budget friendly and under 50. You can check.

"i also found a fews great drones which is budget friendly and under 50."

Those are not in the same league as the DJI FPV drone. Cheap drones can be a lot of fun but none of those drones will transmit video to the V2 Goggles. Most (probably all) WiFi drones have too much latency to fly in FPV mode.

@Bodie07 As others have said, the controller which comes with the DJI FPV drone ONLY controls the DJI FPV drone. The V2 Goggles on the other hand can be used with DJI Air Units and Caddx Vistas. These are camera/video transmitter combos. There's a DJI remote which works with the Caddx Vista and DJI Air Unit but I think you'd be better off getting a RadioMaster TX16S and one of the many compatible receivers.

There are a bunch of quadcopters which use the DJI Digital FPV System (Air Units and Vistas). Here's one site which sells a bunch.

If you're not going to use the DJI FPV drone, you have a lot to learn about FPV in order to take advantage of the many custom options. https://www.youtube.com/c/JoshuaBardwell has a lot of great videos on this topic.

As @Nidge points out, you'll likely not save much money by purchasing a different drone which uses Air Units or Caddx Vistas. But once you invest in the gear for the first quadcopter, additional quadcopters won't cost nearly as much money.
How badly damaged is your drone? Can you post a photo?
2022-3-22
Use props
jbmektx
lvl.1

United States

Holy Stone HS190 seems great to me
2022-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules