20615 18 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_e80jAfSwzapH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9301 ft
Belgium

Hi guys,

So since i had my mini 2 i have not been able to fly further then 50meters or any higher then 30m. I looked into the payload but it’s dezctivated (i also do not use anything ectra on the dron) i tried login out and back in with and without closing the app. I even reinstalled the app. Does somebody know what to do? It is really frustrating when you get to a location and your drone is barely useable.
2FF98369-CFA6-401B-ABC1-7E0F8E4F4C6A.png
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_e80jAfSwzapH
lvl.1
Belgium

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-5 07:12
I've noticed that it won't go further than that if it hasn't set a return to home point.  My first suggestion is wait a minute and see if it does.  My second suggestion is make sure you are not ecnountering the "begginer mode bug", or that beginner mode is simply turned on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai2QHOpXXHk

I use the DJI fly app since you can’t use the DJI go app for mini 2 so there is no beginner mode.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

You are approaching the authorization zone of Beauvechain Airport. Try elsewhere.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_e80jAfSwzapH
lvl.1
Belgium

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 4-5 08:10
You are approaching the authorization zone of Beauvechain Airport. Try elsewhere.

That’s true indeed but i had my drone geo unlocked for this area :/
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Still, you should try to fly somewhere else. It is such advice. Otherwise it will be hard to draw conclusions.
2021-4-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Try this,
For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. Please make sure that you're currently logged in to the DJI Fly by going to the Profile menu. If the problem continues even if you're currently logged in, we suggest to logout then re-login see if that resolves it.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_e80jAfSwzapH
lvl.1
Belgium

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 4-5 10:11
Back to my first suggestion then. I speak from experience, as when I tried to fly my mini 2 before it had set a home point it would not go above 30m.  Can you confirm it has set a rth point?

Thank you for the sugestion i will try it next time.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_e80jAfSwzapH
lvl.1
Belgium

videoeditman Posted at 4-5 12:02
Try this,
For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. Please make sure that you're currently logged in to the DJI Fly by going to the Profile menu. If the problem continues even if you're currently logged in, we suggest to logout then re-login see if that resolves it.

Thank you. I alteady tried this but did not fix it. Even tried with another phone but it kept the same
2021-4-5
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

It’s not the phone. Try turning the payload on then. Shutting it back off. It may have to just reset. Someone else had the same problem and that seamed to cure it.
It’s just a guess.
Doug
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, please try to fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to see if the issue will still persist. For reference, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

2021-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What version of the fly app are you using?
2021-4-5
Use props
BartClaes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172897 ft
Belgium

Same problem here, not impressed by Dji so far! I bought a Dji drone assuming i was buying a quality product??? Spent 1400 Euros on a drone and it doesn't fly any further then 50m, what is this nonsense???
Straight answers please?! Extremely frustrating!

2021-7-17
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

BartClaes Posted at 7-17 07:41
Same problem here, not impressed by Dji so far! I bought a Dji drone assuming i was buying a quality product??? Spent 1400 Euros on a drone and it doesn't fly any further then 50m, what is this nonsense???

1400 Euro for Mini2  ! ?????
2021-7-17
Use props
BartClaes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172897 ft
Belgium

BWJ Posted at 7-17 13:03
1400 Euro for Mini2  ! ?????

Air 2s + care refresh, actually more than 1400.
2021-7-18
Use props
MartolFart
lvl.1
United States

Seeing similar odd issues along this line.... DJI needs clearer messages when this occurs
2021-12-3
Use props
MartolFart
lvl.1
United States

Seeing similar odd issues along this line.... DJI needs clearer messages when this occurs
2021-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BartClaes Posted at 7-17 07:41
Same problem here, not impressed by Dji so far! I bought a Dji drone assuming i was buying a quality product??? Spent 1400 Euros on a drone and it doesn't fly any further then 50m, what is this nonsense???

Hi,

No nonsense ofcourse. If you not logged in to DJI than height/distance is limited.
Understand your frustrating but has nothing to do with DJI ofcourse but with the remote pilot.

Many many DJI drone users fly happy and far with their DJI drones, ans they use the same drone, firmware and software as you do.

cheers
JJB
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_Um9qEMP875O0
New
Flight distance : 122080 ft
Canada

OK thwn what happens to someone who want to fly in a zone without any phone signals?
2023-6-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Um9qEMP875O0 Posted at 6-4 12:45
OK thwn what happens to someone who want to fly in a zone without any phone signals?

Phone signals are not needed nor is an internet connection UNLESS you need to log in to the app or want to download maps.
The latter can be done before-hand somehow but I can never remember how.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules