Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin M more powerful during test on stand than in actual use?
958 3 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andree.online
lvl.1
Flight distance : 904478 ft
Switzerland

This might very well just be that I have a few settings incorrect, but I have the following issue:

I can balance my Canon 1Dc perfectly on my Ronin M. My setup basically works.

When carrying the gimbal the camera is stabilized and turns and tilts as expected in the follow mode (smooth track?). But when I tilt up or down, the movement is extremely sluggsih and I can't really tilt THAT much since I almost have to flip the gimbal over backwards to tilt up above 35-40 degrees....

You might think that my camera is a bit too heavy and that I am on the limit of the gimbal... but when I have it on the stand and perform the test functions: TILT and PAN, the gimbal moves the camera with GREAT authority. Quick and distinct. It obviously has no problem to handle/manouver the camera...

Why is there such a great difference in performance?

I have tried small and zeroed deadbands. The gimbal is auto calibrated, but I've also tried to set stiffness higher manually.

Does this happen to anyone else?
2015-7-16
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It happen to me as well.. I do not find it a really big issue, because i think that to obtain that kind of movement you would be better off doing it with the remote controller. In all honesty, i think that any gimbal unit shoud be operated by 2 people. smooth track is usefull when you work alone, but for certain situation, it would need to be re-set.

Anyway, staying on topic. I tried as well to tweak the deadband / acceleration and speed of the tilt axis, to no result. still it is very hard for the gimbal to move once it is in smooth track mode
2015-7-18
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

Andree, I guess is very much about the fine-tuning  the setting of the Smooth track, practically using the remote to control the tilt seems to be a better practice.

The weight of our 1DC is not a problem.

try go through the DJI tutorial they mentioned with some suggestion on how to set up with assistant, they said setting the headband to >=5(for fastest response) is recommend in all case.

2015-7-18
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

The Ronin-M is in good performance while setting deadband to >=5
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules