DJI FPV Feedback & Improvement
695 0 2021-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sgtskittles
lvl.2
Germany

Hey DJI Team,

I just wanted to give a little feedback for the DJI FPV System. I have never been flying FPV before. I come from the Mavic Mini and the Air 2 and was really excited for this FPV drone.
It's a little sad that the simulator wasn't available for android but there are enough alternatives on steam, so no worries.

I practiced with FPV Freerider Recharged on steam a few days before release to get quite good when the drone arrives.

At first I thought this would never become my world of flying cause first time in simulation it was a bit hard but with every hour I got damn more excited and experienced...and then the release was out and I instantly bought the drone and I totally lost myself in this thing.

Because of work and other things I couldn't fly every day and try all the features so it took me nearly 30 days to carefully get into rate settings and controller setup and to safely and completely test this drone. For myself as a beginner I can say that I never crashed and only flew totally manual and this thing is awesome...thanks for making this experience happen !!! Really love this thing

I'm Excited for future updates and here it comes a little request for a bit improvement ;)

As we all know, many people like me switched from maybe the air 2 or the mini over to the FPV drone.

We all are familiar to the throttle stick that is spring centred on the other dji drones.

What I want to say is you can fly the fpv drone in N or S mode with throttle stick centered without problems.

If you want to fly in M mode you need to change that setting on the controller to zero throttle and deactivate spring centering.

When I fly in M mode and have throttle spring centering deactivated I'm very nervous because I often find myself searching for the throttle center while flying and this results for me
in very uncontrolled speeding upwords or downwards and as long as I fly the FPV drone I'm always kind of sweating if I try to get through small gaps and fear crashing it because of these nervous reactions of myself. Maybe others can feel my point here.

I know this is maybe just me or a practicing issuse BUT is there a way to give this drone the option to have the throttle stick spring centered in manual mode like its on the air 2 and other dji drones ?

A spring centered throttle stick gives me a real nice safety feeling and only with this option I can really say I can fly as smooth as I want and I don't need to search the center of the throttle because when I losen the grip on the throttle stick, the spring guides me safely to the center and I know directly where I am and where the drone will safely almost hold it's height. This feature lets me fly without any fear of crashing and lets me dose the throttle correctly in any situation.

Spring centering just tells me softly: Here if you just let me go a bit I'll show you safely where the drone will almost hover and I mean almost cause the throttle center will let the drone speed up a bit.

I think this feature would be very cool and would also simplify switching from M to S or N because in N or S it's cool to fly with spring centering (It will automatically hold it's height) while only in M Mode you have to deactivate spring centering and if you hit the brakes or switch here so S or N it will not hold it's height automatically you still need to adjust and have an eye on it's height here because of the spring not centering the throttle.

Thanks for reading !

Regards

2021-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules