Highest wind the Air 2 can handle?
461 8 2021-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David.Battle
lvl.2
United States

Gale force here for sure.  I crapped myself ;p  This was NOT intentional.  The storm kinda just came...VERY FAST.  But the Air 2 is a BEAST!  Love this drone!

Air 2 v Gale Force Winds

https://youtu.be/c6ksXCtt4DE

2021-4-12
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The reason you suddenly got the altitude zone warning is that the barometric pressure dropped from the storm.
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David.Battle. Good day and thank you for sharing this intense video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic Air 2 has a Maximum Wind Resistance of 8.5 - 10.5 m/s ( Level 5 ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-4-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Scary landing aproach but I'm glad it ended well!
2021-4-13
Use props
David.Battle
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-12 20:35
Hello there David.Battle. Good day and thank you for sharing this intense video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic Air 2 has a Maximum Wind Resistance of 8.5 - 10.5 m/s ( Level 5 ). Thank you and fly safe always.

I could not say what the aircraft fought against to land, but I think it was VERY close to being beyond it's ability.   It was VERY scary!
2021-4-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man that storm blew in super fast.  Nice job on getting the Air 2 safely back home.  
2021-4-13
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Glad to hear you got back safely under that scenario!
2021-4-13
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Looks like a typical day in the winter here in western NY. Minus the  palm trees, Just add 3 feet of snow and no visibility!!. Seriously good job of bringing it back safe that was fun to watch!
2021-4-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

David.Battle Posted at 4-13 04:56
I could not say what the aircraft fought against to land, but I think it was VERY close to being beyond it's ability.   It was VERY scary!

Hi there David.Battle. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. It is indeed a very scary thing to happened when flying your DJI Drone. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules