Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Traveling to the Bahamas from US
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Little132
lvl.2

United States

I am going to the Bahamas and would like to get some feedback on taking my P3P. I have a case I bought from Drone Crates. Which is awesome!!! My concerns are checking in at baggage. I know the case is strong enough from damage but how about the TSA employees or anyone else that can get there  hands on it. Should I be concerned? Has anyone had any problems checking there drones at the airport. Everyones feedback would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks

2015-7-16
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I have flown with a checked phantom. Make sure you gimbal up and put a rubber band around it. Carry your Lipos on. you'll be finY
2015-7-16
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

Thanks jimcloud74. I have a gimbal lock and a case from drone crates which is awesome. I can throw it off a 10 story building and it would be fine.
2015-7-16
Use props
Tomtnt
lvl.2

United States

there have been many reports of bahama customs making you pay duties to bring your phantom into the country.  the fee can be up to 45% of the value!  

http://skypixel.org/post/86561614334

luck of the draw it seems.. ie, if they choose to pick your bags to search and if they choose to charge or not/
we will be going in december, please let me know your experience
2015-7-16
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the input Tomtnt. I won't be taking it with me. I'm not going to deal with those issues. I was told that by some friends. Customs in the Bahamas are all crooks. Thanks.
2015-7-16
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Little132 Posted at 2015-7-17 09:24
Thanks for the input Tomtnt. I won't be taking it with me. I'm not going to deal with those issues.  ...

Prolly a good decision. That stinks though...
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules