Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Air 2S SDK Support
12Next >
17466 55 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VzCzx4rNFyrV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157077 ft
Spain

When will DJI Air 2S be SDK support? Waypoints?

Thanks
2021-4-15
Use props
atomic77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 858117 ft
Poland

That's a very important question, when the SDK will be released?
It's very important for me too, knowing that Mavic Air 2 users had to wait 9 months.
2021-4-19
Use props
Super pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

I believe DJI will stop releasing SDK support for all cheap and non-professional drones. It would be logical.
2021-4-19
Use props
atomic77
lvl.4
Poland

I think MA2 and Mini2 had SDK, so Air 2S should have it too. It's definitely not "cheap".
The question is, will DJI confirm it and provide any informations what's the expected time to release it?
2021-4-19
Use props
Super pilot
Second Officer
Russia

atomic77 Posted at 4-19 04:51
I think MA2 and Mini2 had SDK, so Air 2S should have it too. It's definitely not "cheap".
The question is, will DJI confirm it and provide any informations what's the expected time to release it?

Compared to professional products, Mini 2 and Air 2s are cheap. Look at the prices of the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro v2.
2021-4-19
Use props
atomic77
lvl.4
Poland

Super pilot Posted at 4-19 12:28
Compared to professional products, Mini 2 and Air 2s are cheap. Look at the prices of the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro v2.

Of course, I'm not comparing A2s to professional drones, like Inspire. But, in my country at least, P4P v2 price is only 150 euro higher than A2S FMC. I'm not comparing drones and the value of the combo kit, I'm just saying the P4P v2 is within the price range of an advanced amateur.
I mean, for an upgraded MA2, the price difference is significant (and after reading some revies I know many people agree with me). So it would be strange if it didn't get at least the same functionality (SDK).
In the case of the MA2, DJI said they will release SDK in a few months - here they don't even reply, like with Mini2. So with the significantly higher price they added something, but I have a feeling they took something away too.
I'm holding off on buying until I'm sure, and it's just good to know that if someone cares about, for example, more advanced hyperlapse, they may be disappointed. Just like many people replacing the Mini with the Mini 2.
The only thing I expect is just DJI support saying "yes, we'll release SDK in x months"  or "no plans for SDK". that would be taking seriously a customer who wants to spend 1400 euros for a drone.

2021-4-20
Use props
Super pilot
Second Officer
Russia

atomic77 Posted at 4-20 21:04
Of course, I'm not comparing A2s to professional drones, like Inspire. But, in my country at least, P4P v2 price is only 150 euro higher than A2S FMC. I'm not comparing drones and the value of the combo kit, I'm just saying the P4P v2 is within the price range of an advanced amateur.
I mean, for an upgraded MA2, the price difference is significant (and after reading some revies I know many people agree with me). So it would be strange if it didn't get at least the same functionality (SDK).
In the case of the MA2, DJI said they will release SDK in a few months - here they don't even reply, like with Mini2. So with the significantly higher price they added something, but I have a feeling they took something away too.

Well, your drone sellers make money) The usual price for the new Air 2S is 999$, for the new Phantom 4 Pro v2 - 1599$. After the imposition of US sanctions against DJI, it had some problems with its employees. So they probably have to re-prioritize SDK support.
2021-4-20
Use props
atomic77
lvl.4
Poland

Just received answer: "DJI Air 2S does not support the SDK at this moment, please keep an eye to the official news whether it will be developed later."
This means, Air 2s is not a simple upgrade for MA2 - it's one step forward, and one step backward.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_VzCzx4rNFyrV
lvl.4
Spain

That and nothing is the same.

It does not make any sense that 2 months ago they support the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Mini, and now that they do not support the Air 2S (or Mini 2). I hope, and truly believe, that they will support both of it. The key is knowing when.

I bought an MA2 in February and as soon as I heard the rumors, I returned it to buy the A2S. But without an SDK, I don't know if I'll buy any.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_1A0lK6LTWG8T
lvl.4
United States

I think it's safe to assume that many Mini 2 buyers who upgraded from the Mini 1 did so with the full expectation that the 3rd party apps they were using with the Mini 1 would be supported on the Mini 2 before too much time had elapsed, given that the Mini 2 was very explicitly an upgrade directly from the Mini 1. If the SDK required for those apps to work does not appear, there will be a significant crowd of pretty upset Mini 2 buyers, I suspect.
2021-4-27
Use props
Autoperformance
lvl.1
Flight distance : 420653 ft
Canada

atomic77 Posted at 4-19 03:16
That's a very important question, when the SDK will be released?
It's very important for me too, knowing that Mavic Air 2 users had to wait 9 months.

Yeah and air 2S and mavic air 2 is almost identical at 95% only the camera are different.

Don't know why it's not already released.
2021-5-11
Use props
arogina
lvl.4
Spain

In "SDK for mini 2" discussion, they have shared an email from Luce Lio (DJI) in which he says that the mini 2 will be supported by the SDK in 5.0 version, although he doesn't say when.

Air 2S may be supported as well.
2021-5-12
Use props
Autoperformance
lvl.1
Flight distance : 420653 ft
Canada

What is the current version?
2021-5-12
Use props
arogina
lvl.4
Spain

The Mobile SDK current version is 4.14, and on June 21 will be 4.15. The UX SDK current version is 4.14 as well, but the v5.0 beta is already available on GitHub.

I imagine v5.0 will be next to v4.15.
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_5qPZ3AkwMRdo
New
Germany

First I have to say that the drones from DJI are really great. I first bought a Mavic air 2 and then exchanged it for a new Air S2. The increase to the S2 is just fantastic. Unfortunately, the Air S2 lacks the SDK option, although that was included with the previous drone. Therefore, I just hope that DJI fulfills its advertising promise "one for all" and delivers the SDK function as soon as possible. I think it would be advantageous for DJI if the new customers, as well as potential switchers at least knew whether an update with SDK will appear.
image.jpg
2021-5-14
Use props
MichaelMuni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160249 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased one thinking it would support this since the air 2 does. very disapointing and now I'm thinking I'll probably be returning the air 2s since I need the waypoint flights to film the construction of a building.
2021-5-15
Use props
MichaelMuni
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Super pilot Posted at 4-19 04:03
I believe DJI will stop releasing SDK support for all cheap and non-professional drones. It would be logical.

They have to make support for their own app, any not open support for sdk and let 3rd parties connect to the drone. Its got to be a choice they made witch is sad.
2021-5-15
Use props
Dessert Rat
lvl.4
United States

To say I'm disappointed that there is increasing evidence that DJI won't release an SDK for the Air 2s is an understatement. I bought the Air 2S because it's size is more appropriate for my mapping applications than the Mavic 2 Pro, and feeling safe that there would be an SDK developed for it. This is one thing that has really set DJI Drones apart from the competition - the SDK and third party support. If they don't develop the SDK for the Air 2S, this will be my last DJI drone. Almost $1,600 down the drain (Fly More Combo and 2 yr. Care Refresh). I'm certainly not going to buy a new MA 2 Pro now, since they are ending production.

Their "consumer" drones are valuable professional quality tools, at affordable prices. I do professional quality mapping for archaeology, but don't get paid enough to afford "enterprise" prices. Seriously, no SDK for the Air 2S will mean this is my last new drone purchase from DJI. I may get a used MA 2 Pro off of eBay to get the better sensor and smaller size than the Phantom 4. More likely though now since I'm really unhappy with the direction DJI has apparently taken with this is that I will sell my Air 2S and purchase and Autel Evo 2 Pro (a lot more money, and more weight, but maybe it's time to support the competition).

This is really disappointing, especially because the Air 2S was going to be the perfect drone when the SDK was released. I guess it will now be someone else's perfect drone.
2021-6-3
Use props
arogina
lvl.4
Spain

From what I've read in another post, it looks like they will release MSDK 5.0 by the end of the year.

I suppose that version will support the Air 2S, but it may be too late for many of us.
2021-6-3
Use props
Dessert Rat
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the heads up. If it really supports the Air 2S I'd be willing to wait. That's the time frame I was expecting. However, after waiting that long with no support for the Air 2S I'd be really unhappy. Since the Air 2S isn't listed anywhere in the documentation, it does make me worry quite a bit. The Evo 2 Pro is looking better (but the size and cost aren't).

It's really sad that DJI is even considering stopping SDK support for the low end drones, this is what sets them apart from the others (and quality - but how much longer will that be true as they focus on the "Enterprise" market). I teach sUAS classes at the local college, and the loss of SDK support will be a huge negative for the students and our program. As it is now, they can get into the profession at an affordable price, then move up in cost as needed (it also makes it easier for us to offer drones for their use). Capturing videos and landscape photos is such a small portion of how drones are being used, and the 3rd party software enables additional capabilities to help mimic/execute other professional applications. For example, one of the students during the spring semester did a construction monitoring project with a Mavic Mini and DroneLink. Without the SDK, this simply wouldn't be possible with a sub $500 investment.

I really hope DJI re-thinks this. If not, we (the college) will be back to using custom, "home" built, and small company drones using PixHawk controllers and open source software. Not a terrible option, but a lot more work for the instructors, and a steeper learning curve for the students (and back to hacking cameras/sensors/etc. to use with the drones). Maybe Hubsan or Fimi could be encouraged to fill the gap that DJI is opening up (their quality isn't quite up to par with DJI, but increased sales might improve quality).

Maybe I should just wait and see what happens. My plan was to practice more videography and landscape photography while waiting for the SDK (I can borrow a Mavic 2 Pro while waiting, and continue to use my P4). But, if DJI isn't going to provide an SDK, I would much prefer to move on now, rather than later when I'd lose even more $$ on my Air 2S purchase.
2021-6-3
Use props
fans49b854d6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1430226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Super pilot Posted at 4-19 04:03

My opinion as well. The writing is on the wall, as they have “drawn a line in the sand” between consumer and pro functionality. A big money maker for them is the refresh program, and the less 3rd party apps controlling the drones, the less issues they will have and the easier it is to determine cause, etc. It is too bad for some of the developers out there that depend on the SDK for the success of their product (Maven, Litchi, Dronelink, etc.).  We can expect them to shift platforms to Autel, Skydio, or whatever manufacturer  picks up the slack that DJI will create. This is consumer opportunity if you ask me.

I believe that the autonomous flight capabilities and 360 object detection will be restricted to the “pro” line and up, and we will never see an SDK for Air 2S, Mini 2, and anything else that comes down the pipeline that is considered “consumer”
2021-6-9
Use props
fans4378db59
lvl.4
Spain

Good news! It seems that they will release the MSDK 5.0 in September with support for the Mini 2. I understand that also for the Air 2S.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... page%3D1&page=3
2021-6-11
Use props
MichaelMuni
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fans4378db59 Posted at 6-11 17:31
Good news! It seems that they will release the MSDK 5.0 in September with support for the Mini 2. I understand that also for the Air 2S.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234884&extra=page%3D1&page=3

where did you see anything about the air 2s support in MSDK 5?
2021-6-14
Use props
fans4378db59
lvl.4
Spain

MichaelMuni Posted at 6-14 13:56
where did you see anything about the air 2s support in MSDK 5?

Nowhere, but it is logical that if they support the Mini 2, they also give it to the Air 2S (the support of the Mini 2 has also been confirmed to a youtuber).

Anyway, I'll wait for MSDK 4.15 to be released on 06/21. If they do not publish an estimated release date of the new MSDK 5.0 with all its news (https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk), I will send them another email asking about the Air 2S.
2021-6-14
Use props
tadair
New
Flight distance : 12989 ft
United States

Dessert Rat Posted at 6-3 16:10
To say I'm disappointed that there is increasing evidence that DJI won't release an SDK for the Air 2s is an understatement. I bought the Air 2S because it's size is more appropriate for my mapping applications than the Mavic 2 Pro, and feeling safe that there would be an SDK developed for it. This is one thing that has really set DJI Drones apart from the competition - the SDK and third party support. If they don't develop the SDK for the Air 2S, this will be my last DJI drone. Almost $1,600 down the drain (Fly More Combo and 2 yr. Care Refresh). I'm certainly not going to buy a new MA 2 Pro now, since they are ending production.

Their "consumer" drones are valuable professional quality tools, at affordable prices. I do professional quality mapping for archaeology, but don't get paid enough to afford "enterprise" prices. Seriously, no SDK for the Air 2S will mean this is my last new drone purchase from DJI. I may get a used MA 2 Pro off of eBay to get the better sensor and smaller size than the Phantom 4. More likely though now since I'm really unhappy with the direction DJI has apparently taken with this is that I will sell my Air 2S and purchase and Autel Evo 2 Pro (a lot more money, and more weight, but maybe it's time to support the competition).

Completely agree. I was excited to buy the Air 2s because DJI stated the SDK was coming soon.  This unit is perfect for aerial surveying in light winds. I'm really frustrated.
2021-7-3
Use props
blchasme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174 ft
Ecuador

hi.. please  Id have a  ph4proV2.0 and was a good drone for survey..   now..   I'm really frustrated because I bought for aerial surveying  the AIR 2S but can not do my works.. please unlock the SDK
2021-7-13
Use props
Super pilot
Second Officer
Russia

blchasme Posted at 7-13 06:23
hi.. please  Id have a  ph4proV2.0 and was a good drone for survey..   now..   I'm really frustrated because I bought for aerial surveying  the AIR 2S but can not do my works.. please unlock the SDK

I think that this will not happen very soon. They still cannot provide full support for the Mavic Air 2. The SDK throws a lot of errors.
2021-7-13
Use props
blchasme
lvl.1
Ecuador

Super pilot Posted at 7-13 23:34
I think that this will not happen very soon. They still cannot provide full support for the Mavic Air 2. The SDK throws a lot of errors.

hi
soo sad because a lot of people needs for survey...
2021-7-21
Use props
fansc93df787
lvl.1
Ecuador

blchasme Posted at 7-21 13:34
hi

NOTHING.............
2021-7-27
Use props
powolny-marcel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302185 ft
Belgium

SDK is coming

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobil ... uecomment-888083667
2021-7-27
Use props
powolny-marcel
lvl.1
Belgium

Got an email from DJI where they say it will be supported in
"we plan to support Air 2S in MSDK 4.16"
2021-7-27
Use props
powolny-marcel
lvl.1
Belgium

Dear Client
Thank you for contacting DJI.
As you know, everything is possible. A lot of people want this, so we might move it up.
Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support
2021-7-28
Use props
JIMMY ALCANTARA
lvl.1
Peru

¿POR QUÉ NO EMPEZAMOS UNA SOLICITUD EN WWW.CHANGE.ORG SOLICITANDO SOPORTE SDK PARA DJI AIR 2S Y MINI 2? SI ALGUIEN INVESTIGA EL CORREO ELECTRÓNICO DE CUALQUIER DIRECTOR DE DJI CON EL PODER DE DECISIÓN, WWW.CHANGE.ORG LE AVISARÁ DE QUE SE HA INICIADO UNA SOLICITUD E INFORMARÁ CUÁNTOS FIRMAN LA SOLICITUD. SERÍA UNA MANERA DE DAR FUERZA A NUESTRA PETICIÓN.
PD: He creado una solicitud en change.org para que el CEO de DJI escuche esta solicitud de los usuarios de DJI Air 2 y Mini 2 para soporte SDK. Unidos somos más fuertes.
http://chng.it/phNGJ49bgC

2021-8-6
Use props
JIMMY ALCANTARA
lvl.1
Peru

I have created a request on change.org for the DJI CEO to listen to this request from DJI Air 2 and Mini 2 users for SDK support. United we are stronger http://chng.it/phNGJ49bgC
2021-8-6
Use props
JIMMY ALCANTARA
lvl.1
Peru

I have created a request on change.org for the DJI CEO to listen to this request from DJI Air 2 and Mini 2 users for SDK support. United we are stronger.

2021-8-6
Use props
JIMMY ALCANTARA
lvl.1
Peru

2021-8-6
Use props
JIMMY ALCANTARA
lvl.1
Peru

2021-8-6
Use props
fansc93df787
lvl.1
Ecuador

blchasme Posted at 7-21 13:34
hi

Still waiting......

Todavía esperando el sdk  para poder usar con terceras aplicaciones y planificar vuelos
2021-8-21
Use props
fansc93df787
lvl.1
Ecuador

JIMMY ALCANTARA Posted at 8-6 22:40
I have created a request on change.org for the DJI CEO to listen to this request from DJI Air 2 and Mini 2 users for SDK support. United we are stronger.

Hola
excelente iniciativa

firmado

saludos
2021-8-24
Use props
fans1a759848
lvl.1

Ireland

I was just told that mini 2 and Air 2S will be supported in MSDK 4.16, hopefully this month.

I'm assuming though the mini 2 won't support waypoints due to the lack of avoidance sensors.
2021-9-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules