RSC2 and Sony Cables
1648 4 2021-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ilmondini
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, yesterday I tried, for the first time, to use my new gimbal, just arrived.
I used it with a Sony A7SII.
After several tries, I realized that the connection with sony multi cable was not working; the camera is not recongnized by the gimbal.

Instead, the micrso usb version works, the camera is seen by the gimbal, and at least the record button works.
But the contact pins in usb micro are 5, I belelieve, in multi sony are 10.
So, I'm nor sure, and for this I'm asking, here... The focus, iso, aperture, shutter controls, are sent in other pins, aren't they?

Is is possible that the cable is not properly working?
It is not suitable for A7SII and this camera, perhaps, works with Micro USB, only?

I've ordered, on DJI Store, a nwe multi Sony cable, because yeastarday I was convincede that the orginal cable was broken, but I'm not sure that this could solve the issue.

Does anyone have any experienc with Sony Alpha Cameras?
thank you on advance
Cheers

2021-4-16
Use props
Eduqueen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559308 ft

Spain

Good Morning.I have tehe camera Sony 6400, an I use the cable Multi of for Sony, and go good, with the front wheel I cant do zoom. Ican not other funtions because my camera is not fully compatible witn the gimbal Rsc2.
2021-4-21
Use props
ilmondini
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, Thank you for your answer. Just the micro usb cable is working for me. I can trigger, at least the rec button. So I can use the gimbal, for basic functionality.
I just was wondering why with the multi sony cable the gimbal cannot recognize the camera...
2021-4-21
Use props
Eduqueen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559308 ft

Spain

Good afternoon.
I don't know if you know, here you can see the compatibility of your camera with the Ronin.
https://www.dji.com/es/mobile/support/compatibility

Best regards.
2021-4-27
Use props
ilmondini
lvl.1
Italy

Yes thank you, anyway, but of course the Sony A7S II is a supported camera
2021-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now