Where is the new firmware - I am loosing money!
12Next >
4597 56 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astanatv
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Hey guys, You have to admit that you have issues in 1.2.6. Where is the new update or at least RESET addon? We were so happy before you ruined it. It is not stable, it drifts, it is very noisy and I am loosing money as I cant fly, cause I am not going to risk flying in fancy house or over my client`s Phantom (not a quad - I mean the real fancy car RR Phantom.)

Where is update? You said soon. How soon?
2015-7-16
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I can NOT admit I am having problems... I am flying on the latest firmware without an issue...
2015-7-16
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

I am flying fine as well (VPS turned off though) on 1.2.6 firmware.
2015-7-16
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I am on the latest firmware as well with no issues so far. I still have VPS turned on and have flown inside my house. Very stable.
2015-7-16
Use props
astanatv
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Rigworker Posted at 2015-7-17 12:49
I am on the latest firmware as well with no issues so far. I still have VPS turned on and have flown ...

You have VPS on and it is stable, not drifting? What about noise? Is it the same? No. No. And once again NO. No it is not stable - it is drifting. Noise from propellers is louder then before.
2015-7-16
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

My is fine too. I am using 1.2.6 and 1.2.0 DJI app, however i need to downgrade Google Play Services to remove video lag. Still waiting for new firmware. C'mon DJI, there is 6 weeks.
2015-7-16
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

astanatv Posted at 2015-7-17 13:45
You have VPS on and it is stable, not drifting? What about noise? Is it the same? No. No. And once ...

I flew it down my hallway with VPS on. I never turn it off. Stable as anything. Not sure what you mean about the noise. The props sound the same as always. Their speed changes when outside and the bird is fighting wind.
2015-7-16
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Been using on 1.2.6 firmware since the day it was released. Absolutely zero problems.
2015-7-16
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

You have VPS on and it is stable, not drifting? What about noise? Is it the same? No. No. And once ...

What could DJI have done to make the propellers louder? That obviously was not changed so other than higher motor speed the noise should be exactly the same? I think you are starting to sound really paranoid? As far as flying indoors that will never fly completely stable because it depends totally on prop-wash? May I ask what you use the Phantom 3 indoors other than a big stadium? Are you using the P3 indoors to do filming in houses? Why would you waste time doing that when a decent hand-held gimbal would give better results and considerably safer...
2015-7-16
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

Can you post a video showing before and after? That would help allay skeptics remarks....
2015-7-16
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

I noticed it sounded louder also after the latest update - much more of a 'feathery" sound. And as it didn't make sense to me, I swapped all the props - that still didn't resolve the perceived rise in volume/change of sound.
2015-7-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

As you have seen many user are not having issues with the new version of the firmware.  Can you be more specific with your issues?  Thank you.
2015-7-17
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 16:02
As you have seen many user are not having issues with the new version of the firmware.  Can you be m ...

I can be specific.
My P3 does not hover as stable as it used to do.  It drifts and does not remain in the launched position.  I am on the latest firmware on iPad air2.  I had absolutely no problems until the last firmware update.
I have seen news of several downed flights and fear using my drone.
2015-7-17
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Client with fancy house and able to afford himself a RR Phantom hires somebody with a P3P? Yeah right!
2015-7-17
Use props
Zombie Hunter
lvl.1

Australia

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-17 15:25
I noticed it sounded louder also after the latest update - much more of a 'feathery" sound. And as i ...

Unless you change props the ONLY thing that is variable is prop speed. And of course ground affect.

I cannot conceive of any circumstance where the prop sound changes other than speed, though prop synchro could introduce a beat when they are at a harmonic of each other. The amount of prop speed checking to remain stable could be perceived as out of synch, but not louder. For the props to be so far out of synch that it is noticeable Would mean flying in a gale.

Imperial evidence is called for, send in Tested.

2015-7-17
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I guess the people at DJI are struggling to figure out why the new firmware is effecting some and not others, Ive flown many times on the latest P3P firmware with VPS on and not seen any issues - Adam
2015-7-17
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Zombie Hunter Posted at 2015-7-17 16:49
Unless you change props the ONLY thing that is variable is prop speed. And of course ground affect ...

What?

It's subjective, there's no way I can compare it to what it was before as I can't roll it back and objectively measure before and after. Just stating that it was my own observation...I'm not looking to sue, so relax.
2015-7-17
Use props
scantner
lvl.1

United States

I do have to say there is a problem with the new firmware. Never had any problems with drifting before the new update. Now I do.  I turned off the vps and it seems to have taken care of the problem.
2015-7-17
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the possibility that there was a bad production run.  As much as I hate to say it, the best remedy may be to send your P3 to DJI.  At least that way, you'll have their guarantee the returned P3 will work.

I am truly sorry for those who are having problems.  I would be angry too but I really don't think DJI technical personnel are sitting in a bar planning new ways to abuse their customers.

Facing the practicalities of the situation is probably the best way to get flying again.

Good luck to all who are having trouble.
2015-7-17
Use props
Highcastle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522169 ft

"Noise from propellers is louder then before."

Wow - just wow. If you aren't trolling us then I think we have some solid proof right here that natural selection is failing us in the modern world.

Making up firmware issues that don't exist so you have something to complain about is not ok and I ask that you actually put some thought into your next post.

Like it or not 1.2.6 is a stable release that the vast majority of users are having no issues with whatsoever. I'm tired of seeing users moan about "firmware issues" that are really just "new pilot issues".

2015-7-17
Use props
ZET
lvl.1

Turkey

giant Posted at 2015-7-17 16:41
Client with fancy house and able to afford himself a RR Phantom hires somebody with a P3P? Yeah righ ...

Maybe client wants to fly p3p without worries about messed up fw....
2015-7-17
Use props
drswearingen
lvl.1

United States

Highcastle Posted at 2015-7-17 21:21
"Noise from propellers is louder then before."

Wow - just wow. If you aren't trolling us then I t ...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=21797

55% of people who voted have problems with the new firmware. Certainly not an isolated problem.
2015-7-17
Use props
Highcastle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522169 ft
United States

drswearingen Posted at 2015-7-17 21:38
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=21797

55% of people who voted have problems wit ...

How much stock can we really put into self-reported polling though. Think of how many people new to DJI or flying in general, see all these threads about "firmware issues," think to themselves "hey I just updated I bet the issue I'm having is a firmware one" when in reality its not - they just don't know what they are doing yet.

2015-7-17
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Highcastle Posted at 2015-7-17 21:58
How much stock can we really put into self-reported polling though. Think of how many people new t ...

Foolish feedback, I can image you work in IT or customer services ?  BTC (Blame the Consumer)

For many of us we were merrily using the P3, happily, reliably, consistently.

Then when the app update and firmware update came along it became unstable, inconsistent and untrustworthy.

Its logical to blame FW or App or both.

We are just consumers, used to be happy and how frustrated
2015-7-17
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-17 18:15
..and other users ARE experiencing problems - myself included!

I've spoken to your technical staf ...

Im with you - excellent and considered response.

Silence is not satisfactory and a poor brand value
2015-7-17
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

giant Posted at 2015-7-17 16:41
Client with fancy house and able to afford himself a RR Phantom hires somebody with a P3P? Yeah righ ...

If the home country he has listed is correct as being Kazakhstan, there might not be a lot of people with the equipment to do aerial photography.

I sure wouldn't want to fly an Inspire 1 inside my house. My hallways are too narrow. I'm sure that others have the same issue.

I love the drone snobs talking down the Phantom, but there are a lot of photographers that use top of the line cameras from Canon and Nikon as their main carry, but have back up cameras that aren't the latest or greatest, but get the job done when required.

I can take my 15 year old Mamiya 645 pro and provide pictures that blow away anything in the hand held digital realm. Can't get right away, but then again, few photographers shoot jpg and all of the raw images require image manipulation before presentation.
2015-7-17
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

I can only say, I've had my P3A since April with no issues until the latest firmware update.   And, now i experience drift.   I've posted a video of the drift.  It's not uncontrollable.   But, it does lower the confidence in the bird.
2015-7-17
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456299 ft
Greece

I'm flying with 1.2.6 and I never had any problems.. It's more stable that ever and the horizon is finally straight. I fly with VPS on and off and it is working fine with both. (I don't really use VPS outside only on indoor flights)

I suspect that the problems are more based on people fiddling around with settings they do not know. Don't touch your Quads settings unless you know exactly what you are doing.
2015-7-17
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

paul.roebuck@k3 Posted at 2015-7-17 22:29
Im with you - excellent and considered response.

Silence is not satisfactory and a poor brand val ...

While I am dismayed by DJI's lack of attention to their loyal customer base, I am disgusted with their "Shoot The Messenger" approach to their user support. Is simple communication too much to ask?

We all realize that this is "cutting edge technology", and speaking as someone who has worked in prototype development for the past 21 years, we all realize that new technology breeds its own set of new problems.

And there ARE problems with the last firmware update. Denying that is merely being obtuse.

But for DJI to even allow the bullying of the victims in their own user support forums is inexcusable. I have personally tried to tone down my posts and responses to the bullies in this forum, but apparently the group of injured parties is growing and becoming more vocal. DJI's silence in this matter suggests that many of the people trying to belittle the victims of the firmware update might simply be company trolls.

I contacted my credit card dispute resolution center shortly after the "firmware fiasco" to discuss my options under their own purchase guarantee policies. We discussed those options and I asked them to not do anything yet because I wanted to give both DJI and my supplier the chance to sort this thing out and/or do the right thing by their customers. They called me yesterday to remind me that my deadline to cancel my charges to my supplier and return the P3Pro for a full refund. (Visa Platinum) I begged off once again and they agreed to call me back August 1st as a reminder of my due date the next week. (Visa standard is 120 days from date of purchase.)

If there is no satisfactory firmware update by that time to restore my P3 to it's original as-purchased condition, I am resolved to exercise my option and return the P3 to the distributor and instruct my CC company to remove/reverse the charges.

I would advise anyone else suffering the same problems to do the same. If DJI won't back their customers, I'm sure Visa will.
2015-7-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

paul.roebuck@k3 Posted at 2015-7-17 16:37
I can be specific.
My P3 does not hover as stable as it used to do.  It drifts and does not remain ...

Have you done an IMU calibration?  Did you have more that 6 satellites showing?  Have you turned VPS off?  I am not asking these questions to be argumentative but to gather information to try and propose a solution.
2015-7-17
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

PayPal has a similar policy except they extend this to 6 months if I recall correctly.
2015-7-17
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 23:19
Have you done an IMU calibration?  Did you have more that 6 satellites showing?  I am not asking t ...

Absolutely sir: And thanks for your response.

ETA: Phantom 3 Professional

1. Firmware update
2. Reading of text file with "Successful" response.
3. R/C Controller update
4. Successful response
5. IMU recalibration, on a non-metallic bubble leveled surface, "cold" (cold, really...?) with "successful" response
6. Gimbal recalibration with successful response
7. On site GPS recalibration with successful response, careful to avoid any metal objects,  (green lights)
8. "OK to fly" satellite response with 14-17 satellites reporting.
9. VPS turned off (...then again on, then off, then on , then off...don't know why, but I was told to do so in this forum)

and I forgot to add Android update to newest DJI Pilot app too

and still "toilet bowl" swirling and erratic flight behavior that jeopardizes the safety of the P3Pro and any people near it on the ground.

Straight out of the box (Before the update), I absolutely MARVELED at the "flying tripod" stability of the P3. I could hover it at 3 ft off the ground and then watch the P3 adjust its own altitude even by inches as it flew over curbs and other small imperfections on the ground. Flying over a curb at 3 ft and the P3 would, as if by magic, elevate itself to 3 ft plus 5 inches to compensate for the curb height. After the update, it flew with the response of a drunken teenager.

At this point, I cannot try anything else without risking injury to the equipment. And I cannot risk the equipment as I could not return it in good faith if it were wrecked due to firmware or even operator error. Unfortunately, my August deadline with the dispute resolution center doesn't give me time to wait for a factory warranty examination at an authorized repair center.
2015-7-17
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is not a non issue to those who have suffered from this update , to all who are not having any problems , think your self lucky , it affects
more people than you think .

My advice if you are one of those with affected P3's after the last update VPS problems etc.

Take or send it back , I did and it was exchanged for a brand new boxed P3P.
2015-7-17
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-17 23:28

1. Firmware update

Finally we get to know most of the particulars to your problem.  I am still not sure what "Phantom" you have the Professional or the Advanced. (Yes, that matters)  I get you have an Android Device, but which one. (That also is good to know.) There are so many variables and no one gives us all the information for any one to help.  If a person just says my "Phantom" won't fly right (I think its firmware) and does not give all of us all the information on what you have, then how can we possibly make an "informed" opinion on how to help you. (Sorry I did see you have P3p)
2015-7-17
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 23:19
Have you done an IMU calibration?  Did you have more that 6 satellites showing?  Have you turned VP ...

YES YES and YES

And still the drifting continues

I have also deleted and re-installed the iOS App too
2015-7-17
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-17 23:28

1. Firmware update

Identical feedback from me too.

2015-7-17
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I suspect 50% of the people reporting problems are bad firmware upgrades.  (bad checksums, failed transfers.)  One more reason that DJI should abandon version checking and allow customers to reinstall current & older versions of firmware.  I suspect many issues would be resolved by simply re-installing the firmware again.  (Which is blocked due to version checking.)
2015-7-17
Use props
michel.vdweteri
New

Germany

No problems either. Took the bird up many times after installing 1.26 on my P3P. Also use 1.20 app.
2015-7-17
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-18 02:24
I suspect 50% of the people reporting problems are bad firmware upgrades.  (bad checksums, failed tr ...

I agree. Why does it take over a MONTH to get anywhere with this considering all the problems. I have posted videos and the response is basically to send it in or wait for new firmware. They say to send it in because they know no one wants to wait 6 weeks to get your unit back. Dont like it FINE just send it in punks! That is the DJI attitude. We all know sending it in they cant do anything without new firmware either. I have heard many people who have sent units in and got back with same problem or another problem. I think I am going to use my Amex to return this thing under 90 day rule. Not a great experience for my first DJI purchase.
Can someone answer me if there are different hardware revisions yet? I have an early pro version and I wonder if hardware revisions have been made already hence the reasoning for some units not having issues. Would sending it in have them replace anything? Or are the just going to try and reload firmware, recalibrate IMU, run some system checks and do flight test? If I send in can they put back on 1.1.9 firmware?
2015-7-21
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-17 18:15
..and other users ARE experiencing problems - myself included!

I've spoken to your technical staf ...

BRAVO! BRAVO!
2015-7-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules