Phantom 2 Crash Upgrade
927 6 2015-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marty
lvl.2
United States

I totaled my Phantom 2 (who knew gin & tonic and my first night flight would not turn out very good?!)

I want to replace the Phantom 2 with a Phantom 2 Vision +, and would like to include a Zen Muse H-4 3D gimbal and add FPV. The Hero 4 Silver looks like a good option for the camera.

I've looked at the Black Pearl system. Does the Phantom 2 Vision + have a video transmitter and is it compatiible with Black Pearl?

Is it possible to purchase a Phantom 2 Vision + (presuming it has a built in video transmitter) without its camera and gimbal, or am I better off getting another Phantom 2 and add the Zen Muse and Black Pearl system?

My other question has to do with the Hero 4 Silver's wireless capability. Could that be utilized as an effective FPV or are there quality and latency issues?

I hope these questions don't seem too uninformed.... I'm just a little confused on all the options out there. Bottomline is, I want to add good quality FPV, use the Hero 4 Silver for acquisition, and maybe even utilize my existing remote control, and battery.

Any suggestions?

2015-7-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Hi Marty,

Ok. The Phantom2 Vision+ is a all in one system. It comes with camera and gimbal and video downlink for FPV. The only thing you would need to add in a iPad to see what the camera sees, the FPV.
The Phantom2 Vision is not compatible with the go pro. If you want a quick and easy setup then go with the Phantom2 Vision+ The Phantom2 Vision+ is not compatble with the BlackPearl.

Keep in mind it is not FPV for racing around trees. It is more FPV for lining up your shot for AV or AP.

2015-7-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

If you want to do FPV with your GoPro then you should get the Phantom2 with a H3-3D gimbal and a AVL58 video tx/rx set up. Also a iOSD mini would be good to have. This setup would work with the BlackPearl.
2015-7-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The Hero4 wireless capability is not good for any kind of FPV. You would be lucky to get 50 feet with it. That is why you need to add the DJI AVL58 system.
2015-7-16
Use props
marty
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-17 13:07
The Hero4 wireless capability is not good for any kind of FPV. You would be lucky to get 50 feet wit ...

Dave.... thank you very much for your great summary of options and explanations. It helps tremendously.
2015-7-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

marty Posted at 2015-7-17 13:20
Dave.... thank you very much for your great summary of options and explanations. It helps tremendo ...

Sure thing. It is my pleasure!
2015-7-16
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

All that function will far exceed the cost of the Phantom 3 with a 4 k camera and hard case. It really depends on what you are looking for as an end result and how much you are willing to spend. I would weight the differences. Anytime you can get a factory assembled unit without having to do all the add on I believe you come out a head.
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules