PROPS IN SHOTS ????
3680 38 2021-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ninja63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

ok so was thinking of getting the new air 2s ,but in the last week all i have seen is videos with props in the shot ,not only on mastershots but in normal 5.4k as well ,not very good for a 2021 dji arcraft costing over a £1000 !! come dji sort this out should never have been released with this bad flaw .i will not waste my money on this until it is fixed if you can ?  
2021-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ok can you post those videos with props showing in regular videoing
2021-4-21
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-21 12:31
ok can you post those videos with props showing in regular videoing

just browse youtube for 10 minutes not hard to find  !
2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-21 12:33
https://youtu.be/mm7xeGAISsE

i am talking about non mastershots as well !!!
this guys a drama queen anyway
2021-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ninja63 Posted at 4-21 12:37
just browse youtube for 10 minutes not hard to find  !

I have only seen it on master shots I have tested my own in sport mode but none, and have tested master shots in composition mode and no props show up. If you have the link post it.
2021-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s only master shots in obstacle mode.
2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ok here is just one such video .
i will  show more shortly,

2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

here is another,,,,all from guys who know drones inside out as well.
2021-4-21
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Thanks KLRSKIR for finding and posting this, as it shows the issue!
2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 4-21 12:52
Thanks KLRSKIR for finding and posting this, as it shows the issue!

we are not just talking about MASTERSHOTS watch the above videos with props and not in MASTERSHOTS,this is an issue stop sweeping under the carpet,my air 2 never ever in any conditions saw the props in the shot.
2021-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ninja63 Posted at 4-21 13:06
we are not just talking about MASTERSHOTS watch the above videos with props and not in MASTERSHOTS,this is an issue stop sweeping under the carpet,my air 2 never ever in any conditions saw the props in the shot.

He didn’t show it in 5.4k with props thats rubbish, he said this would happen but did not demonstrate it Ive see this video on YT and its the only one that mentions this happening in 5.4k but Ive also seen many other actual 5.4k videos without this props in the shot. So maybe someone can test 5.4k and lets see if this is the case.
2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-21 13:39
He didn’t show it in 5.4k with props thats rubbish, he said this would happen but did not demonstrate it Ive see this video on YT and its the only one that mentions this happening in 5.4k but Ive also seen many other actual 5.4k videos without this props in the shot. So maybe someone can test 5.4k and lets see if this is the case.

so why are we seeing the props  ????
i dont see any on my Ma2 i was going to get the Air 2s but wont until its sorted definitely not right.
and not rubbish as you put it.
2021-4-21
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004911 ft
United Kingdom

Ninja63 Posted at 4-21 12:44
ok here is just one such video .
i will  show more shortly,

I honestly wouldn't agree with the assessment that the air-2s footage is "much better" at all.  It's a little better than the air 2 yes, but for all the hype over the 1inch sensor i would have expected the difference between the air2\2s to much more pronounced.  Unless you unrealistically zoom in there's really not much in it at all.
2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

like the man says its a cinematic drone not an fpv drone why are the props there in the first place ??

2021-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gerv55 Posted at 4-21 13:52
I honestly wouldn't agree with the assessment that the air-2s footage is "much better" at all.  It's a little better than the air 2 yes, but for all the hype over the 1inch sensor i would have expected the difference between the air2\2s to much more pronounced.  Unless you unrealistically zoom in there's really not much in it at all.

The footage and photos are a lot better, and carry much more detail, this admittedly shows when you zoom in or make bigger prints or compare footage in low light. It just depends what you are looking for.
2021-4-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ninja63 Posted at 4-21 13:06

You don't need to get the Air2S if you already have the Air2. Not too much of a difference and you also don't seem happy about buying it so don't , keep your money and DON'T spend it on Dji, I am sure they will miss your money a lot NOT
2021-4-21
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would appear DJI have already accounted for this issue within the drone settings menu. The Air 2S does not have true side obstacle avoidance but with a wide FOV and gimbal yaw, DJI have given the Air 2S some side obstacle avoidance ability --- but it is at the cost of seeing the props in the final video. DJI have included setting options in the menu - either side obstacle avoidance OR no props in view. As the Air 2S does not have any side sensors it cannot provide both functions at the same time.  It would appear DJI are aware of this situation and have provided a compromise as shown in the settings below - its either or but not both.........

2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-21 21:06
You don't need to get the Air2S if you already have the Air2. Not too much of a difference and you also don't seem happy about buying it so don't , keep your money and DON'T spend it on Dji, I am sure they will miss your money a lot NOT

so dji have a known issue with a new drone and you have to be an ARSE about it ,i. if you cannot say anything constuctive then kindly dissapear. i sold my Air 2 and was ready to buy the Air 2 s but there have been so many complaints in its first week of this issue i think DJI should sort it ,its not just in mastershots as people have shown.
2021-4-21
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 4-21 22:12
It would appear DJI have already accounted for this issue within the drone settings menu. The Air 2S does not have true side obstacle avoidance but with a wide FOV and gimbal yaw, DJI have given the Air 2S some side obstacle avoidance ability --- but it is at the cost of seeing the props in the final video. DJI have included setting options in the menu - either side obstacle avoidance OR no props in view. As the Air 2S does not have any side sensors it cannot provide both functions at the same time.  It would appear DJI are aware of this situation and have provided a compromise as shown in the settings below - its either or but not both.........

[view_image]

Thanks for sharing that Gelert.
as the Air 2 does not have true side avoidance do we know what turning this to composition actually does ? i would like to know more .obviously you dont to leave off obstacle avoidance if it disables the other sensors ,bit of of strange one that. ive seen it mentioned in one video but i think he was just referring to using it in mastershots.
2021-4-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-4-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ninja63 Posted at 4-21 22:51
so dji have a known issue with a new drone and you have to be an ARSE about it ,i. if you cannot say anything constuctive then kindly dissapear. i sold my Air 2 and was ready to buy the Air 2 s but there have been so many complaints in its first week of this issue i think DJI should sort it ,its not just in mastershots as people have shown.

You the one being a Arse about it, complaining about a drone you did not even buy as yet. Get a life and stop bi**hing about something you don't own and sound like you already don't like by finding faults in it before even taking the plunge and seeing what an amazing drone it is.
2021-4-22
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-22 00:42
You the one being a Arse about it, complaining about a drone you did not even buy as yet. Get a life and stop bi**hing about something you don't own and sound like you already don't like by finding faults in it before even taking the plunge and seeing what an amazing drone it is.

This is the problem with forums  IDIOTS like you ,why bother if cannot contribute nicely .
crawl back into your hole.
2021-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ninja63 Posted at 4-22 00:47
This is the problem with forums  IDIOTS like you ,why bother if cannot contribute nicely .

Actually it might be you thats being the idiot here. Stop and think for a moment and don’t be putting this together as go long. You’re not buying the drone in its current condition, props in the shot, for others maybe they want to discuss what’s happening and if its a real problem, so 5.4k we’ve seen very little footage to see if this is a real problem or one that can be sorted. We do know that all the advice is shoot in 5.4k and crop in, so thats one way you can lose the props, using composition as I had said earlier in other threads is also another. So for those who purchased this is not a big deal and an easy work around.

Fact is Air2s has a huge upgrade on Air2, like you dont get props in the shot on Air2, because you cannot shoot in 5.4k or so far master shots , so it really shouldn’t be a problem. But Air2 is not perfect lots of peculiarities and problems as there is with most drones, yet you purchased Air2, so you’re obviously not looking for perfection or else you wouldn’t buy any drone or tech for that matter.

But you are coming here to find and post fault thats alright and others are simply pointing out that the sky didn’t fall in for them and its ok to buy a drone that reaches their standards.
Just like alll dji drones they become much better 6 months down the road as Air2 did and thats a good thing, maybe don’t be so anxious to knock everything and listen to what others like Gelert are pointing out to you.
2021-4-22
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-22 01:23
Actually it might be you thats being the idiot here. Stop and think for a moment and don’t be putting this together as go long. You’re not buying the drone in its current condition, props in the shot, for others maybe they want to discuss what’s happening and if its a real problem, so 5.4k we’ve seen very little footage to see if this is a real problem or one that can be sorted. We do know that all the advice is shoot in 5.4k and crop in, so thats one way you can lose the props, using composition as I had said earlier in other threads is also another. So for those who purchased this is not a big deal and an easy work around.

Fact is Air2s has a huge upgrade on Air2, like you dont get props in the shot on Air2, because you cannot shoot in 5.4k or so far master shots , so it really shouldn’t be a problem. But Air2 is not perfect lots of peculiarities and problems as there is with most drones, yet you purchased Air2, so you’re obviously not looking for perfection or else you wouldn’t buy any drone or tech for that matter.

I have an Air 2 s on order for next monday as the Air 2 has gone,now i don't want to spend over 1k on a new upgraded dji aircraft only to see props in the shot ,i never had in my old air 2 and i have never seen it on my little spark so before i part with my hard earned,i need confirmation this can be resolved ,.
Have a great day.
2021-4-22
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I have activate it and just waiting today for a new Smart Controller, as old one was returned in warranty because of lag in video...I have considered to be a Hardware error, and the seller agreed with me.
But...tomorrow will have another try at Air2S on 5K....if a little bit of propeller will appear in my footage, the drone will go instantly in RETURN to seller as with malfunction...
I will not agree to be the tester of DJI in order to resolve their bugs, they have a fkng DEV team that is paid for this...
Also 5K is advertised, 5K will shoot...not 4K, not crop mode...what I do after footage is my fking business, but will not accept to have a 5K crop because one propeller shows in my footage, to be clear !
PS. Seems that Air2S drones does not appear in "owned drones"...another bug from DJI
2021-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ninja63 Posted at 4-22 02:07
I have an Air 2 s on order for next monday as the Air 2 has gone,now i don't want to spend over 1k on a new upgraded dji aircraft only to see props in the shot ,i never had in my old air 2 and i have never seen it on my little spark so before i part with my hard earned,i need confirmation this can be resolved ,.
Have a great day.

it looks like you already see this as a problem and the likelihood of anyone confirming this before your drone arrives is not good. So maybe hold off and see what happens, I have tried now twice and cannot get props to show in 5.4k footage. And I can use Matershots without props showing . But its your money if this can’t be resolved then you have a choice .
2021-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 4-22 02:22
I have activate it and just waiting today for a new Smart Controller, as old one was returned in warranty because of lag in video...I have considered to be a Hardware error, and the seller agreed with me.
But...tomorrow will have another try at Air2S on 5K....if a little bit of propeller will appear in my footage, the drone will go instantly in RETURN to seller as with malfunction...
I will not agree to be the tester of DJI in order to resolve their bugs, they have a fkng DEV team that is paid for this...

No it wasn’t meant to be cropped, obviously you don’t need it cropped and this might be a problem for you, I haven’t seen props in the shot in 5.4k so far but if I do its not a problem for me, I know this drone just like every drone will not be perfect out of the box , but it will get better overtime, I also know from experience dji will only fix something if its broke, so if they believe its ok then that will be it. All the time you have the choice to not purchase.

You own 3 other drones none of them arrived to market perfect.

You whine about owned drones not appearing, fact most if not all new drones take a few weeks before they appear.
2021-4-22
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-22 02:37
it looks like you already see this as a problem and the likelihood of anyone confirming this before your drone arrives is not good. So maybe hold off and see what happens, I have tried now twice and cannot get props to show in 5.4k footage. And I can use Matershots without props showing . But its your money if this can’t be resolved then you have a choice .

Ok thanks for the input glad to hear you have not had the props issue.
2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ninja63 Posted at 4-22 00:47

If you go through my posts and replies I am one of very few that always contribute but I/we get tired of seeing people come one here and just complain complain and complain without just a simple ask for help. Ask for advice and you will get it, not come on and keep complaining, now crawl back into your dark cold little hole you mole and come out when your Air2S arrives and tells us then what a wonderful drone you got.
2021-4-22
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-22 09:58
If you go through my posts and replies I am one of very few that always contribute but I/we get tired of seeing people come one here and just complain complain and complain without just a simple ask for help. Ask for advice and you will get it, not come on and keep complaining, now crawl back into your dark cold little hole you mole and come out when your Air2S arrives and tells us then what a wonderful drone you got.

XXXXXXX
2021-4-22
Use props
paul63tuff
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-22 09:58

Sorry suren lets call a truce m8 .stop all this sillyness.
2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

paul63tuff@gmail.com Posted at 4-22 23:24
Sorry suren lets call a truce m8 .stop all this sillyness.

No issues mate, All Good
2021-4-22
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-22 23:33
No issues mate, All Good

i have thick skin no worries.
2021-4-22
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BASC Posted at 4-22 23:34
i have thick skin no worries.

i have an issue you may help me with .my user name keeps changing ?
i know i have got 2 accounts by mistake can i delete one ? both made ages ago .i asked on the help yesteday but no joy.
2021-4-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ninja63 Posted at 4-21 12:38
i am talking about non mastershots as well !!!
this guys a drama queen anyway

Frankly, the only drama I'm seeing is here.

2021-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BASC Posted at 4-22 23:35
i have an issue you may help me with .my user name keeps changing ?
i know i have got 2 accounts by mistake can i delete one ? both made ages ago .i asked on the help yesteday but no joy.

You just seem to have different names on one account, just make sure when your flying that your craft were all activated to one account. Trying to get anyone from dji to delete is not easy I tried for almost two years and gave up.
2021-4-23
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 08:08
You just seem to have different names on one account, just make sure when your flying that your craft were all activated to one account. Trying to get anyone from dji to delete is not easy I tried for almost two years and gave up.

cheers i have 2 accounts both created a year ago both different email.no worries i will sort something..
2021-4-25
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Change shooting mode to composition instead of obstacle avoidance. Basically the drone in default obstacle avoidance mode means the gimbal angles more than the drone when doing turns so it's sensors at the front can detect obstacles and avoid them. The tradeoff is because the gimbal is turned instead of the drone you sometimes see the props in the shots.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules