Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.04.22
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0770
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.00.0770
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.42
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.42

What’s New?
  • Fixed occasional issue: battery could not be charged when the battery level was low.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

2021-4-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

When I saw this I thought maybe the Mavic got some nice feature upgrades but No
2021-4-21
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

do not forget to update all your batteries, because this is mainly a battery firmware update. Every battery has to be updated.

After updating your craft with one battery, shut it down. Put in your next battery and start your craft. A message of unconsistant firmware will occur in the DJI Go4 app. Slide to update the battery. Do this before you fly your craft.
2021-4-22
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 4-21 20:45
When I saw this I thought maybe the Mavic got some nice feature upgrades but No

It seems the 'nice feature upgrades' are only exclusive to the new models from DJI, for a long time now.
2021-4-22
Use props
fansaf28829f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16267723 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

offensichtlich war dazwischen auch noch ein Firmwareupdate, wo es mir nie angezeigt hat ....Date: 2020.11.12
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0720
Remote Controller Firmware: V01.00.0640
What’s New?
 Optimized RTH performance.
 Optimized prompt when experiencing GPS interference.
 Fixed occasional issue: when flying at high altitude, the altitude displayed was incorrect.
 Fixed occasional issue: battery could not be charged when the battery level was low.
2021-4-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 4-22 03:22
It seems the 'nice feature upgrades' are only exclusive to the new models from DJI, for a long time now.

Yup, not that I will complain but one can always have hope the M2Z will get some better features
2021-4-22
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 4-22 10:01
Yup, not that I will complain but one can always have hope the M2Z will get some better features

Yes, give us focus track for our Mavic2, or give us the Mavic3 quick please DJI!!!
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_m5MoG1V1mqpU
New
Finland

Hello, I have a problem. I updated yesterday my drone and controller (mavic 2 pro) and now my DJI Go 4 app does not work, and it is not connect with controller. So I cannot go to the see my videos or fly . What should I do ?
2021-4-23
Use props
lamproslyr
lvl.2
Greece

djiuser_m5MoG1V1mqpU Posted at 4-23 00:10
Hello, I have a problem. I updated yesterday my drone and controller (mavic 2 pro) and now my DJI Go 4 app does not work, and it is not connect with controller. So I cannot go to the see my videos or fly . What should I do ?

the same problem with me . i have a iphone 12 mini
2021-4-23
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated my M2P and M2Z both today. If I go into settings then click the battery icon, the number of days until discharge appears to be missing. Was it moved or has DJI decided we can't set it ourselves? By the way, I opened Pilot, it's still there. DJI changed the 10 days I had set to 2 days. Fortunately, Pilot let me change it back to 10.
Edit: It appears this is a crytalsky issue. When I use my iPad Mini 4 or TRIPLTEK, all is well.
2021-4-23
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

I did the 200+MB M2P upgrade this morning and then went to fly, only to discover the top speed in S mode is now only the same as in P mode, which was rather disappointing.
2021-4-23
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Australia

Additionally, I've just found that the flight speeds in T mode are also the same as in P mode, rather than the much slower speeds that is supposed to do in that mode. I wonder when these errors will be fixed?

All my batteries have been updated, so it is not related to that.

2021-4-23
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gordon G Posted at 4-23 23:15
Additionally, I've just found that the flight speeds in T mode are also the same as in P mode, rather than the much slower speeds that is supposed to do in that mode. I wonder when these errors will be fixed?

All my batteries have been updated, so it is not related to that.

Have a look in the "Main Controller Settings" in the Go 4 app. You may find that the Multiple Flight Modes option is switched off - worth a try
2021-4-24
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 4-24 04:43
Have a look in the "Main Controller Settings" in the Go 4 app. You may find that the Multiple Flight Modes option is switched off - worth a try

Indeed... after an update I always check ALL settings I use and I noticed that "Muliple FLight Modes" was reset... Now I hope you could help the people with this problem...
Take care and DJI-safe!

Max
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb
New

United States

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm unable to connect to my Mavic Pro 2 after this update. I can fly it with the controller but I'm getting a "Gimbal disconnected" message and can't connect the app to the drone. Just bought the Mavic 2 Pro two days ago and can't get this figured out.
2021-4-24
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb Posted at 4-24 08:41
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm unable to connect to my Mavic Pro 2 after this update. I can fly it with the controller but I'm getting a "Gimbal disconnected" message and can't connect the app to the drone. Just bought the Mavic 2 Pro two days ago and can't get this figured out.

Which phone/tablet are you using ??  Have you tried a different cable between the controller and phone/tablet ?? I always connect the controller via the bottom USB-A socket - the connector on the left side of the controller can be a little iffy.
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb
New

United States

Gelert Posted at 4-24 08:53
Which phone/tablet are you using ??  Have you tried a different cable between the controller and phone/tablet ?? I always connect the controller via the bottom USB-A socket - the connector on the left side of the controller can be a little iffy.

I have an iPhone 12. I'll give the USB-A socket a try and see if that helps. It sent me through the activation process no problem, but after the firmware update it greyed out the "link to aircraft" button. The gimbal situation feels like a whole different situation. Maybe a hardware defect, unfortunately. I just bought it new from a Best Buy two days ago.
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb
New

United States

djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb Posted at 4-24 08:57
I have an iPhone 12. I'll give the USB-A socket a try and see if that helps. It sent me through the activation process no problem, but after the firmware update it greyed out the "link to aircraft" button. The gimbal situation feels like a whole different situation. Maybe a hardware defect, unfortunately. I just bought it new from a Best Buy two days ago.

No luck with the USB-A slot.
2021-4-24
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb Posted at 4-24 09:10
No luck with the USB-A slot.

Did it all work before the update?
2021-4-24
Use props
djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb
New

United States

FloridaNext Posted at 4-24 09:22
Did it all work before the update?

I never got the chance to get the camera up and running before the update. This was my first experience opening the app and connecting the drone. Then I updated it before going any further and that's where I'm at now.

1. Bought drone, assembled, charged battery and controller.
2. Did initial drone connection (i.e. naming, stick calibration, etc.)
3. Updated firmware as that was the first prompt I saw after initial setup.
4. Update applied and can no longer connect the app to the drone.
2021-4-24
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

djiuser_l6s5wl0Zx5pb Posted at 4-24 09:34
I never got the chance to get the camera up and running before the update. This was my first experience opening the app and connecting the drone. Then I updated it before going any further and that's where I'm at now.

1. Bought drone, assembled, charged battery and controller.

Can you try a different phone? Because the iPhone 12 is NOT in their compatibility list.

Look here: https://www.dji.com/de/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

2021-4-24
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Australia

Gelert Posted at 4-24 04:43

Thanks, yes that was the issue!  I went for a quick flight after fixing that and it was all good

When doing these FW upgrades surely it wouldn't be too difficult for the process to save your settings, install upgrade and then re-apply the setings, rather than set everything back to default? Plenty of phone apps manage to do that.
2021-4-24
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gordon G Posted at 4-24 14:40
Thanks, yes that was the issue!  I went for a quick flight after fixing that and it was all good

When doing these FW upgrades surely it wouldn't be too difficult for the process to save your settings, install upgrade and then re-apply the setings, rather than set everything back to default? Plenty of phone apps manage to do that.

Glad you got it sorted

Fully agree that FW or app updates shouldn't change settings but it seems to happen quite often with DJI products. In fact, its so common, DJI recommend checking post update settings for any changes which worryingly suggests that even DJI don't know what settings may change
2021-4-24
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gordon G Posted at 4-24 14:40

Glad you got it sorted

Fully agree that FW or app updates shouldn't change settings but it seems to happen quite often with DJI products. In fact, its so common, DJI recommend checking post update settings for any changes which worryingly suggests that even DJI don't know what settings may change
2021-4-24
Use props
ronnyronnyroe.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768143 ft
Sweden

My Problem:
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max that I have used without a problem with DJI GO 4 and my Mavic Pro 2 until now. I made the update, everything went fine. After restart of Drone and Controller the controller finds the drone BUT in the app it now says "Disconnected" to the drone although the controller has found the drone.
I have restarted the drone, the controller and the iPhone but still no luck to connect the app, it keep saying "disconnected". Any ideas?
2021-4-25
Use props
Baker1969
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_m5MoG1V1mqpU Posted at 4-23 00:10

I had the same issue when I connected my new phone: Samsung 21 Ultra. Would not connect to drone from USB port. I connected via the side micro usb. I got a connection, but no video?? I had to revert back to old phone.  No need.  Hopefully an update could resolve this.
2021-4-25
Use props
Ronny Roe
lvl.2
Sweden

Baker1969 Posted at 4-25 01:55
I had the same issue when I connected my new phone: Samsung 21 Ultra. Would not connect to drone from USB port. I connected via the side micro usb. I got a connection, but no video?? I had to revert back to old phone.  No need.  Hopefully an update could resolve this.

I tested with my iPad and that worked fine. So the issue is with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, that is for sure. Hopefully DJI will fix this soon or at least explain how to downgrade from this update until it is fixed.
[SOLVED]: Completely turning off the iPhone, waiting 2-3 seconds and then turning it on again fixed it.
2021-4-25
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronnyronnyroe.com Posted at 4-25 01:40
My Problem:
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max that I have used without a problem with DJI GO 4 and my Mavic Pro 2 until now. I made the update, everything went fine. After restart of Drone and Controller the controller finds the drone BUT in the app it now says "Disconnected" to the drone although the controller has found the drone.
I have restarted the drone, the controller and the iPhone but still no luck to connect the app, it keep saying "disconnected". Any ideas?

Did you try Re-Binding drone to remote controller?
2021-4-25
Use props
Ronny Roe
lvl.2
Sweden

scoble08 Posted at 4-25 08:18
Did you try Re-Binding drone to remote controller?

Well, the thing is that the RC talks without a problem to the drone, so there is no problem between drone and RC, it is the iPhone 12 Pro Max that suddenly in DJI GO 4 app says "disconnected device" even if the USB cable to the RC is connected. This stopped working at the exact moment I applied the new update.

Anyway, stranger things has happened, so I tried your advice. In the app it doesn't matter if I try alternative "Linking Remote Controller" because the app can't communicate with the RC. But I did press the Re-linking button on the drone, and had it re-connect with the RC. But no dice there.
And as I said, I can use my older iPad with DJI GO 4 and it works without a problem with same cable to the RC. So it is definitively something with the combo of this new update and iPhone 12 and current version of DJI GO 4 that creates the problem.

[SOLVED]: Completely turning off the iPhone, waiting 2-3 seconds and then turning it on again fixed it.
2021-4-25
Use props
Ronny Roe
lvl.2
Sweden

Ronny Roe Posted at 4-25 10:20
Well, the thing is that the RC talks without a problem to the drone, so there is no problem between drone and RC, it is the iPhone 12 Pro Max that suddenly in DJI GO 4 app says "disconnected device" even if the USB cable to the RC is connected. This stopped working at the exact moment I applied the new update.

Anyway, stranger things has happened, so I tried your advice. In the app it doesn't matter if I try alternative "Linking Remote Controller" because the app can't communicate with the RC. But I did press the Re-linking button on the drone, and had it re-connect with the RC. But no dice there.

Solved!
What I hadn't tried was to completely turn off the iPhone and wait a couple of seconds and then turn it on again. Now it works as it should. I am happy and hope that it helps if someone else has the same problem with an iPhone. If it doesn't connect: Turn it fully off and wait 2-3 seconds before turning it on again.
2021-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers for the tips guys,  reporting controller and phone restored the iPhone 12 connection.  No idea why but hey ho.
2021-4-26
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

Suren Posted at 4-22 10:01
Yup, not that I will complain but one can always have hope the M2Z will get some better features

Still hoping for that 360 panorama mode using the Super Resolution feature on M2Z... Maybe one day... If DJI still hears us
Even if it's not automatically assembled (because it's probably super heavy on the main CPU of the drone), it would be awesome just if it would be able to take the pictures by itself!
2021-4-26
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

FatherXmas Posted at 4-23 16:26
I updated my M2P and M2Z both today. If I go into settings then click the battery icon, the number of days until discharge appears to be missing. Was it moved or has DJI decided we can't set it ourselves? By the way, I opened Pilot, it's still there. DJI changed the 10 days I had set to 2 days. Fortunately, Pilot let me change it back to 10.
Edit: It appears this is a crytalsky issue. When I use my iPad Mini 4 or TRIPLTEK, all is well.

When hiking with my drone I like to know when the batteries will start discharge.
2021-4-27
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its still there on mine although all batteries went to 2 days and i had to manually reset them (on SC).

One thing i think has changes is the red "max motor speed reached" which you usually trigger climbing full power and flying forward into the appears to have been replaced by a yellow "propulsion power has been limited to protect battery" instead.
2021-4-27
Use props
Joe Malenfant
New

Canada

I keep failing update code 0x100000 any ideas ?
2021-4-27
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

no update show up for me using the Smart Remote
2021-4-27
Use props
son_of_a_hutch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10472 ft
France

So that explains my brand new dead battery then...

If anyone at DJI comes through here: I've updated my two remaining batteries but I've had no news on the support ticket I opened on April 19th for the battery that died. Ticket is marked as "awaiting reception" but I haven't received the e-mail that I was supposed to receive within two days. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks,

Alan
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_FxVd8G9xxGnF
New

Iran

I wish to add d-log video capture to quick shot to m2p in new update but...
2021-4-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FxVd8G9xxGnF Posted at 4-30 14:01
I wish to add d-log video capture to quick shot to m2p in new update but...

D-Log isn't even good..
2021-5-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

TrippleDelta Posted at 4-27 00:50
When hiking with my drone I like to know when the batteries will start discharge.

Is it worth bringing the drone on a hike?
2021-5-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules