Spark: gesture mode problems
2524 6 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flygirl72
lvl.2
United States

After being in storage for 9 months I fired up my Spark. Everything works fine except for gesture mode. It's activated in the Go 4 app, but there's no icon on the app screen. When I try a palm launch the red lights blink a couple times though the camera doesn't do it's usual scanning. The Spark has the lastest firmware and I tried reinstalling the Go 4 app. Thanks.
2021-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, flygirl72. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest checking whether Advanced Gesture Control is enabled under the Visual Navigation Settings. Please also check this Gesture Piloting Tutorial in case you have missed other details.
2021-4-24
Use props
flygirl72
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 23:34
Hi, flygirl72. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest checking whether Advanced Gesture Control is enabled under the Visual Navigation Settings. Please also check this Gesture Piloting Tutorial in case you have missed other details.

Thanks for the reply. Gesture mode is on in the menu. I tried refreshing the firmware in assistant 2 to no avail. I wonder if it's the RC, because when I turned it off palm launch worked.
Update: I may have found the problem. The phone I'm using won't connect to the Spark's network.
2021-4-25
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

flygirl72 Posted at 4-25 00:51
Thanks for the reply. Gesture mode is on in the menu. I tried refreshing the firmware in assistant 2 to no avail. I wonder if it's the RC, because when I turned it off palm launch worked.
Update: I may have found the problem. The phone I'm using won't connect to the Spark's network.

Just out of curiosity: which mobile device did not work with yoour Spark?
Could it be your Spark it set to use 5GHz Wifi and your device does not support it?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-4-26
Use props
flygirl72
lvl.2
United States

Wolferl Posted at 4-26 08:53
Just out of curiosity: which mobile device did not work with yoour Spark?
Could it be your Spark it set to use 5GHz Wifi and your device does not support it?

I was originally using a samsung note 3 that worked fine since I bought the spark, then switched to a google pixel3 and there was no difference. Still no gesture modes. Also in the channel settings there was no option to change from 5ghz to 2.4ghz. I think it's FU'd. :/
2021-4-29
Use props
jasonlseward
New

United States

For what it’s worth…..I had the same issue and cycling Sport Mode On/Off a few times seemed to solve it.
2022-1-24
Use props
shegeek72
lvl.1
United States

jasonlseward Posted at 1-24 16:28
For what it’s worth…..I had the same issue and cycling Sport Mode On/Off a few times seemed to solve it.

Looks like I never posted the solution. I took it to a DJI authorized dealer and rolling back the firmware to an older version fixed it!
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules