Mini 2 Propellers
1609 17 2021-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

After flying the mini 2 I wiped off the propellers, as I do after the last flight.  I felt some roughness on one of the blades, and wondered what I nicked it on, but then I felt all the other blades, and all had roughness on the leading edge near the mount.   Took it all into the house, took a magnifying glass and looked at the blades.  On each was:  " DJI 4726 RPM."
so it was nothing I had done - whew  But I thought since I had some spare blades I would change them and see what kind of a job it was.  One word of warning, when you handle the small envelopes with the blades and screws, they are slippery, and once you open the end, things will slip out very quickly, if you tilt it even slightly.  I had to retrieve some screws and blades from the floor.  Two of the screws on two blades were in VERY tight, and I had to watch how mush pressure I was applying with my hand on the rotor of the motor, by really putting quite some pressure on the screw driver and holding the rotor tightly, I slowly nudged the screws out.  All the other screws were tight to break free to unscrew, but then they came nicely.
     When putting the new blades on you have to position the screw into the hole while holding the rotor of the motor, it does take some doing, but not real hard.
I have yet to fly it and see how these new ones do.
     Thought some might be interested.
2021-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob-Mini-2. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter here at DJI Forum. For additiona reference I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mini 2 Propellers User Guide ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... lers_User_Guide.pdf ). Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should also keep them in the pairs they are in the envelopes.   
2021-4-26
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 00:34
You should also keep them in the pairs they are in the envelopes.

YES!  I forgot to say that, thanks DAFlys.
2021-4-27
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-25 21:40
Hello there Bob-Mini-2. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter here at DJI Forum. For additiona reference I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mini 2 Propellers User Guide ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/Accessories/DJI_Mini_2_Propellers_User_Guide.pdf ). Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

Thank you DJI Stephen, I appreciate it - also- would you please read my two posts in the section "Tablet Mounts" I would appreciate YOUR comments.
2021-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-27 20:16
YES!  I forgot to say that, thanks DAFlys.

no probs Bob. -  Apparently its to do with how they are moulded in pairs.
2021-4-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-27 20:19
Thank you DJI Stephen, I appreciate it - also- would you please read my two posts in the section "Tablet Mounts" I would appreciate YOUR comments.

Hi there Bob-Mini-2. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. I will certainly look on those post that you have created. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-4-28
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

WELL. . .  here it is August 10, 2021 and I got the Min i-2 out to the model Airplane Park, and flew it for almost an hour and a half.  ALL worked fine,
I checked the new propellers with the screwdriver,
and they were solid, would not give any.  Also, after I wiped them, NOTHING on the cloth, and when I used the computer pressurized gas to blow out
the vents etc., nothing.  I even recorded a video of the fellow flying his three foot Helicopter a little ways away.  Sorry, do not have it up.  So I guess I put
the propellers on correctly.
I did have to update the batteries, and the craft firmware.  I do need to put one or two of the Firehouse lights on it, as a few times I lost sight of it
because, it blended into the multi-colored background.
2021-8-10
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 8-10 18:43
WELL. . .  here it is August 10, 2021 and I got the Min i-2 out to the model Airplane Park, and flew it for almost an hour and a half.  ALL worked fine,
I checked the new propellers with the screwdriver,
and they were solid, would not give any.  Also, after I wiped them, NOTHING on the cloth, and when I used the computer pressurized gas to blow out

Good day Bob Mini-2. Thank you for posting these update and the information on your recent flight. Have a happy and safe flight always.
2021-8-10
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Here it is April 22, 2022, and now I have a Smart Controller to go with the Mini 2.  I have noted something about the motors,
with this controller, which has some motor "tunning" abilities, that they seem to be spinning faster and are running
smoother - don't know if it's just me or a fact?  But all works fine together.
2022-4-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spinning faster for any given flight regime would be contary to their function or an indication damage.
The motors are speed governed so as to produce the required thrust for the situation and only the required thrust, too much and too little results in tilt. Faster = more thrust.
With damaged or deformed props greater speed may be required as they, in general, produce less thrust per rpm than 'good' props. You might like to read up on early mavic mini woes with deformed props.
Smoothness, as in vibration of an individual motor is a question of balance and speed, the greater any imbalance the greater the forces generated. The forces involved in vibration also increase with the square of the rotational speed but from memory they actual vibration (movement) felt is more complicated than that.
I doubt ''tuning'' in an app can affect such things but I will stand correction.

2022-4-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee, I will take your word for it, you sound higher educated than me.  Thank you
2022-4-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-23 10:42
Sean-bumble-bee, I will take your word for it, you sound higher educated than me.  Thank you

Naaaahhhh, it's just I own a Mavic Mini and do daft experiments lol
2022-4-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-23 12:00
Naaaahhhh, it's just I own a Mavic Mini and do daft experiments lol

To each his own
2022-4-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Besides, If I was/am wrong I am sure someone would have corrected me by now.
2022-4-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-24 09:00
Besides, If I was/am wrong I am sure someone would have corrected me by now.

Ahh . . . you can also tell the future
2022-4-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

don't understand sorry lol
2022-4-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-24 10:30
don't understand sorry lol

I did something I try not to do, and that is poking fun at you.  PLEASE just forget it, and I am going back to controlling myself about posting messages in these bases, that are not important enough
to warrant their being posted.  Hope your weekend is splendid.
2022-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules