Tone generator - feature request
849 9 2015-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

The other night, I put my P3 down in some tall brush and was not able to see exactly where it went down. Furtunately it was a minor crash with no damage to the P3. I was able to find it by taking my RC transmitter into the weed patch, and by briefly arming the rotors, was able to locate the P3 from the noise of the blades in the grass. Had the P3 been seriously damaged to the point the props would not rotate, I would have never found it.

So, that started me thinking... it would really be nice if the P3 had a tone generator built into it that one could activate via the RC transmitter, making it much more likely that you would find the P3 in the event of a situation like mine.

Just thankin'

2015-7-17
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

This is an excellent idea!  Basically a recovery beep feature could be added to the app.    It can easily be produced by the ESC.  (Just like the beeps on startup.)  Just add a menu option or button to make it beep every 2 seconds.
2015-7-17
Use props
michel.vdweteri
New

Germany

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-18 02:27
This is an excellent idea!  Basically a recovery beep feature could be added to the app.    It can e ...

I agree with Fulgerite. should be easy to impliment. DJI. Please consider!
2015-7-17
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I agree!

2015-7-17
Use props
Damage01
New

United Kingdom

Yep, great idea!
2015-7-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I too asked for this months ago. I would like for the phantom to emit a sound on rth too. You can hear the arm power tone from way off. It would be comforting knowing it's returning if you lost vision on the app.
2015-7-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=16223&mobile=2
2015-7-17
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Yeah, this has been suggested quite a few times in a number of places. Let's see if DJI takes any of these suggestions.
2015-7-17
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Used to have an older gentleman at our R/C airfield build a simple 555 timer circuit that we could plug into an unused channel to trigger.

Hmmm...
2015-7-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-7-18 05:04
Yeah, this has been suggested quite a few times in a number of places. Let's see if DJI takes any of ...

DJI Autumn said she put it on the list. We shall see.
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules