In-Air Failure
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

Greetings to all. Im new to this dji forum and brand new to drones. I just purchased the Air 2s from bestbuy on 4/17(in store). Registered with FAA before everything was taken out of the box(except the drone itself). Paid for the 1yr care refresh. Everytime before a flight I get my lannc approval(class D here, I'm right on the border line). Last night I was buzzing around my neighborhood and needed to bring it home(because of laanc). I was about 150ft up and stopped about 100ft from my house(over the street, no dwellings or people or cars around), decided to put it in sport mode, moved the joystick foward, and all was well for about 10 seconds, then the drone started spinning out of control and crashed into the edge of the neighbors flower bed(no birds around, and was in complete line of sight. I do have dji care refresh, but the reciept for bestbuy is good until today(5/2).

1- How can I decipher what went wrong to cause this?
2- Would it make sense to replace this through best buy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjApMZnMurI
20210501_222057-2.jpg
2021-5-2
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Go to DJI Support Online chat, they operate Monday to Friday. (Don't E-mail because it will be long before they respond) Something similar happened to my Mini 2, and a "Motor Error" popped out. Check the flight log and see if that's what happened. (It seems like a front left motor failure from what I can see). Don't use care refresh (if) this is a malfunction not caused by the pilot. You should be covered by a general warranty and you (should) get a replacement without spending another penny. But if DJI finds that it is your fault, you will have to use the care refresh and pay the deductible. But from what I see, you did nothing wrong. I got my Mini 2 back in 1 Month and 10 days.
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

Use Best Buy, if you can. It seems like Dji always presents barriers to otherwise valid warranty claims and care/refresh will take a long time.
2021-5-3
Use props
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

I brought the trashed one back to bb yesterday. I'm getting brand new sealed tomorrow by FedEx. Many thanks for the info & recommendation my friend.
2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

VengefulHemi Posted at 5-3 08:38
I brought the trashed one back to bb yesterday. I'm getting brand new sealed tomorrow by FedEx. Many thanks for the info & recommendation my friend.

very, very nice.
2021-5-3
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

VengefulHemi Posted at 5-3 08:38
I brought the trashed one back to bb yesterday. I'm getting brand new sealed tomorrow by FedEx. Many thanks for the info & recommendation my friend.

Excellent, glad to hear that!
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules