Air 2S Camera won't focus *Clicking noise*
4064 7 2021-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QRNDusD8bqYx
lvl.1

Canada

Yesterday I went to fly my Mavic Air 2s, and noticed two things.

1. My Camera will not focus.
It won't focus in manual mode, and it is unable to switch to auto-focus mode. The camera is in fact STUCK at a the macro/near focus distance.

2. The gimbal makes a "clicking noise"
Or at least what I think is the gimbal. I was flying in a loud area next to a roadway and didn't notice the clicking at first. Here's a video of the drone starting up to illustrate what I'm describing. When turned on and left alone the drone "clicks" every minute or so.

Some things to note.
  • My last suceessful flight was a week ago. I had no problems, no crashes. Nothing. Footage was great.
  • I stored my drone for a week without use, until yesterday when I went to fly again and discovered this issue
  • I've tried refreshing the firmware but get an error after 84%
  • I've tried removing and formatting the memory card

I filed a service report yesterday, but wanted to leave this in case other are having similar problems.

Video of clicking noise:

2021-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Air 2S and it is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI Support Team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to check and assess the said DJI Drone and will give this issue the proper resolution. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_p3ovwFJGs6i3
New

Japan

exactly the same problem I’m experiencing right now, my footage are all out of focus and I can’t update the firmware either on my iphone app or thru my pc
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_p3ovwFJGs6i3
New

Japan

exactly the same problem I’m experiencing right now, my footage are all out of focus and I can’t update the firmware either on my iphone app or thru my pc
2022-3-20
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect that clicking might be something in the cooling fan of the drone? Picked up something during last flight?
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_JO6d7OVF9txH
New

Germany

Any update on this? Got exactly the same issue and reported that three times in a row to the DJI support… waiting for a reply over a month now
2022-4-4
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25380883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, Your DJI Air2S camera have some parts inside and its camera lens have two separated lens part and a little focus motor change distance of lens parts to get in-focus. After crash or strike, the focus motor gear may displaced and your camera focus not works. It can be repaired by professional human or you must contact DJI Service centers to repair or replace the camera parts.  
2022-4-6
Use props
calise1981
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hi guys, i´m having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules