Mastershots on moving subject?
3798 5 2021-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinhart992
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184213 ft
United States

Anyone know if mastershots works on a slow moving subject?  For example a pontoon boat at low speed.  I have seen many videos but I think the subject was pretty much static.
2021-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It will start the MasterShots but will lose the subject as it moves away, so the answer is no it will not work on moving objects
2021-5-3
Use props
kevinhart992
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Suren.  We will anchor the boat in a cove and do it that way.  
2021-5-3
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

While MasterShots will not work in this instance as Suren mentioned, you could do the Active Tracking features like Trace or Parallel. Then when you stop or anchor, use POI.  Just think of it as small QuickShot moves which is what the feature is anyways, just a combo of actions incorporated into MasterShots.
2021-5-3
Use props
kevinhart992
lvl.2
United States

RobZilla Posted at 5-3 13:21
While MasterShots will not work in this instance as Suren mentioned, you could do the Active Tracking features like Trace or Parallel. Then when you stop or anchor, use POI.  Just think of it as small QuickShot moves which is what the feature is anyways, just a combo of actions incorporated into MasterShots.

Thanks RobZilla.  I will definitely be trying out all of those.  I have somewhat mastered a few Quickshots already and I am more amazed everyday by this drone.  Thinking some of this technology came from Roswell, NM.
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kevinhart992. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. In addition to this, please DO NOT use the MasterShots function in any of the following situations:
a. When the subject is blocked for an extended period or outside the line of sight.
b. When the subject is similar in color or pattern with the surroundings.
c. When the subject is in the air.
d. When the subject moves fast.
e. The lighting is extremely low (<300 lux) or high (>10,000 lux).
* DO NOT use MasterShots in places that are close to buildings or where the GNSS signal is weak. Otherwise, the flight path will be unstable. Make sure to follow local privacy laws and regulation when using MasterShots. Thank you.
2021-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules