Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Air 2 Case Compatibility?
1514 7 2021-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received the DJI Air 2 case and it doesn't seem to properly accommodate the A2S as advertised. I really like my hard case for my M2P and really want to like this one as well.

Is there something I am missing?
Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KLRSKIR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2 Protector Case ensures that the contents of the case are kept safe and dry during transportation. The interior of the box is carefully designed to fit your Mavic Air 2 or DJI Air 2S with foam inserts that provide an exact fit for your gear while keeping it safe from impact. Ample interior space accommodates the aircraft and remote controller, as well as five spare batteries, power adapter, car charger, battery charging hub, power cable, battery to power bank adapter, ND filter set, and two pairs of spare propellers. May we know what are the accessories that the said DJI protector case can not accommodate. Thank you.
2021-5-3
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I fully understand the description. But without a bit of cutting, the case is far too snug for the length of the A2S. It won't seat properly.

I appreciate the response, and I'm current corresponding with John Paul via Messenger. I'll post more here with the resolution and some photos. Thanks again!
2021-5-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Without the gimble cover it does snug right down, but that is not acceptable.

I will say that with the piece of foam that fits under the aircraft installed it does fit better, but still a LOT of pressure on the gimble cover.
20210504_080001.jpg
20210504_070916.jpg
20210504_073003.jpg
20210504_083638.jpg
20210504_075926.jpg
2021-5-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mine fits a bit snugger than the MA2. I do not think its an issue for me personally. i would rather it be snug than flopping around.
2021-5-4
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the pictures.. well there's one case I'm not going to buy. Glad I custom designed my own foam insert at mycasebuilder.com.  It's like Burger King.. you can get it your way.

2021-5-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've been using the DJI case for my my M2P for a long time and I've loved it! The real bonus with this case is not only the quality but also the fact that I can carry six (6) batteries within this case. Actually more that that with the large compartment on the right side.

As it stands now, it's far too much pressure on the gimbal cover and rear legs for my liking. I'm working with a DJI rep to see what better options might be. I'm really thinking that cutting just a bit of the piece of foam around the gimbal cover might do the trick, but I'm patiently waiting from the higher-ups.

I'm a very patient person, but I can imagine that IF someone were to purchase this case and think that it will be a perfect fit would be a bit disappointed. For very heavy use and/or nasty weather protection I only trust DJI and GPC cases. Spending days and sometimes weeks at a time on our boat can prove to be very demanding on cases. I'll post back when I have any updates or workarounds.
2021-5-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

After a week or so of "training" the foam and being very careful with entry and removal of the aircraft, the case is getting much more accommodating. It's definitely a tight fit, and you would NOT want to try to store the A2S with the props on. That's not an issue for me as I remove the props on all of my aircraft after flights.

We'll see if the foam expands as the temps in my region get hotter through Spring/Summer. If so, I'll most likely get the Exacto knife out and cut what needs to be removed. IF this were a case from anyone else I would probably have returned it already. However, the DJI cases are very well made and the amount of battery compartments in this particular case is the best available (including GPC).

Happy Flying!
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules