Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery unusable after update!!
2454 12 2014-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
croioi
lvl.1

Sweden

So with the day off and not a single cloud on the sky I wanted to fly my Phantom 2 with my GoPro camera and get some nice footage. I purchased this Phantom 2 back in June or July and updated to the latest firmware with the latest Phantom 2 assistant available at the time.Since its been a few months since I last updated I thought I should do that before I go out and fly. So I downloaded the latest Phantom 2 assistant (fresh Windows install) and Driver and intalled them with the Phantom 2 plugged in via USB as instructed.
All the updates went well until I came to the battery. Now I'm getting the message "No intelligent smart battery". The batterly level indicator isn't working, the beeping sounds when starting the MC doesn't sound right and the LEDs doesn't seem to work like they should either. And I assume I won't be able to fly now. I won't try since it's basically almost a months salary that's going up in the air..

What do I do now?

Thanks.
2014-11-25
Use props
croioi
lvl.1

Sweden

Would anyone form DJI kindly reply? I would like my genuine and only DJI battery fixed.
2014-11-26
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

@ DJI: Did you removed the Phantom 2 Central Board Firmware* v1.0.2.8  ? Now at the website it shows v1.0.2.7 again. I had no problem with the 1.0.2.8, i did not not managed to test fly it but i could start the motors and no error messages
2014-11-26
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue. I just got my phantom 2 vision+ today and thought it smart to download all updates before I took it out. Everything seemed to be working great. The battery in the phantom was working well until I downloaded the new battery firmware. now, the battery doesn't light up when the button is pressed, doesn't seem to charge, and when inserted into the phantom doesn't do anything. No power at all. And, I had fully charged it just prior to the update. When I put the thing on the charger, the LED is green on the charger as if nothing is connected or the battery is at 100% charge. How frustrating to spend $2000 for the phantom and accessories to not even be able to take it on a test flight. I have 2 more batteries coming on Friday so maybe those will work but I'm already doubtful now that I've been reading all the issues that come up with batteries. Ugh... I wish I had read these things before buying. Help!
2014-11-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
First Officer

China

Here is the reply!
Downgrade Central Board Firmware to v1.0.2.7.
Next Monday there will a new Firmware update to solve this "No intelligent smart battery" issue.
2014-11-26
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering the same thing; I saw today that the current version was changed to a down-level version and was wondering what was going on.  Is the main issue only around the battery or are there other issues that warrant down-grading?  I don't have the battery issues, brand new machine, brand new batteries but if there are other issues I'd like to know before I find them the crash way.
2014-11-26
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A friendly suggestion to DJI...

When version updates come out it would be great to have a new thread with an appropriate title.  Finding out information on this update in a thread titled "Battery unusable after update" might be great for people following this thread but did nothing for everyone else.

Luckily I tripped over this but mostly out of interest.
2014-11-26
Use props
domingosnd
New

Brazil

kevin@craftlogi Posted at 2014-11-27 11:51
I have the same issue. I just got my phantom 2 vision+ today and thought it smart to download all up ...

Same problem here, did you manage to fix it? I can't find a solution...
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
First Officer

China

domingosnd@gmai Posted at 2014-12-3 03:21
Same problem here, did you manage to fix it? I can't find a solution...

Do you update the IMU firmware and still get "No intelligent smart battery" message?
Send an e-mail to support@dji.com to feedback this issue! lol
2014-12-2
Use props
domingosnd
New

Brazil

DJI-Autumn;-) Posted at 2014-12-3 11:29
Do you update the IMU firmware and still get "No intelligent smart battery" message?
Send an e-mai ...

No, I don't even get a message. After the update, my battery just went off and now it won't charge, it doesn't light up or anything. So I can't find a way to repair it, as the battery is dead. I've already sent an email to support.
2014-12-3
Use props
jako.thehoff
New

Austria

Same problem here, (Battery "dead" after Upgrading)

Is there anyway to connect the Phantom 2 V+ with the PC, because when the Smart Battery is "dead" it cannot connect with the Computer
So its not possible to do any Firmware downgrade ... or am i Wrong ?

2014-12-6
Use props
nitats
New

Thailand

Hello, I have same problem. it doesn't light up. cannot charge.

S__2261204.jpg
2014-12-12
Use props
panadeineforte
lvl.1

Australia

Same problem here. Same lights as previous image posted. Phantom will not start motors now.  
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules