Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble Tilt - since last firmware update?
1091 11 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptAndy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 677172 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting a progressive, increasing gimble tilt, flight by flight. I've had no significant event, I have done stable, flat-surface IMU calibrations and gimble centering. However, it still creeps in during flight. There appears to be no damage or loose connection around the gimble area. What might be causing this? It has only started since the last firmware update, so I'm not sure if that might be the issue.
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CaptAndy. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about your flight experience. Can you confirm whether the same issue persists when you're only hovering the aircraft?  If you haven't tried, we suggest performing a gimbal calibration and do another test to confirm if that would help. Should the same problem occur, we recommend that you upload a recording of the issue so we can further check it.
2021-5-7
Use props
CaptAndy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 00:28
Hi, CaptAndy. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about your flight experience. Can you confirm whether the same issue persists when you're only hovering the aircraft?  If you haven't tried, we suggest performing a gimbal calibration and do another test to confirm if that would help. Should the same problem occur, we recommend that you upload a recording of the issue so we can further check it.

Hi Gamora,
Thanks for repling.
I've been experimenting with it quite a bit now. I regularly calibrate the gimble, IMU and (for what it's worth) the compass, however, random gimble tilting has persisted during flight and in the hover. However, when in the hover, after a few seconds it does seem to correct itself. Sadly, this doesn't last. Often, having managed to centre it in flight, I'll be doing a choice video run, and it will be ruined as the gimble starts to drift. Quite frustrating. It was so robust and simply didn't happen at all before the last firmware update. I'm a bit flumoxed.
Capt Andy
2021-5-7
Use props
Tuxtard
Captain
Flight distance : 9811827 ft
Serbia

Most pilots experience gimbal horizon tilt issue after last firmware update.
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CaptAndy Posted at 5-7 07:21
Hi Gamora,
Thanks for repling.
I've been experimenting with it quite a bit now. I regularly calibrate the gimble, IMU and (for what it's worth) the compass, however, random gimble tilting has persisted during flight and in the hover. However, when in the hover, after a few seconds it does seem to correct itself. Sadly, this doesn't last. Often, having managed to centre it in flight, I'll be doing a choice video run, and it will be ruined as the gimble starts to drift. Quite frustrating. It was so robust and simply didn't happen at all before the last firmware update. I'm a bit flumoxed.

We'll have this check with our team for further checking. On another note, we encourage uploading a video of the issue so we can fully identify what could be the potential cause of the problem. Many thanks!
2021-5-7
Use props
CaptAndy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 23:25
We'll have this check with our team for further checking. On another note, we encourage uploading a video of the issue so we can fully identify what could be the potential cause of the problem. Many thanks!

[img]Gimble Tilt Demo

Hi Gamora,
Thanks for investigatin this. There are better demonstrations than this but my ISP is from the '90s.
I tried to upload video here but it doesn't and even pics seem to take forever.
Thank you.
Capt Andy
2021-5-8
Use props
CaptAndy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The YouTube link is here:

https://youtu.be/VECTou6IVIs  
2021-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CaptAndy Posted at 5-8 00:53

Thanks for your cooperation. Should there be any update, we'll immediately let you know.
2021-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CaptAndy Posted at 5-8 00:53

Hi, again. In the video that you have posted, the aircraft was only hovering and there's no control over the remote controller, right?

Our assigned team is still checking on it currently and would need you to export the flight data from the aircraft. You can extract it by connecting the aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2. Please upload it either via DropBox or GoogleDrive. Kindly let us know also the time and date of the recorded video which depicts the issue.
2021-5-12
Use props
CaptAndy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-12 23:33
Hi, again. In the video that you have posted, the aircraft was only hovering and there's no control over the remote controller, right?

Our assigned team is still checking on it currently and would need you to export the flight data from the aircraft. You can extract it by connecting the aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2. Please upload it either via DropBox or GoogleDrive. Kindly let us know also the time and date of the recorded video which depicts the issue.

Hi Gamora,

I can't honestly remember, however in slow moving flight (e.g. Cine mode) I would still expect the gimble to be level. I have better examples of this, and it still does this so maybe today I'll do a couple of test flights and upload the data.

Best regards,

Andy
2021-5-12
Use props
peiBear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200906 ft
United States

It only happen to me when I am using Sport mode. I use the Fn button to re-center the gimbal and that seems to fix it. However the tilt comes back after a short while.
2021-5-17
Use props
MBSL500
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 23:25

Rather than request that customers continue to upload videos, why not just acknowledge that DJI is aware of the issue and correct it?
This problem is not a new one.
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules