488 9 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd077fbf8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4234347 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had an issue with the gimbal where it moves up and down continuously super fast (less than a second)?  This didn't stop until I turned off the drone.
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try posting a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-5-6
Use props
srcrain
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

[color=var(--ytcp-call-to-action)]
2021-5-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Not usable at all...   
2021-5-7
Use props
srcrain
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 5-7 07:50
Not usable at all...

Do you mean you can't view the video?

Here is the link -
2021-5-7
Use props
Denis9
lvl.2

Canada

Very interesting topic !
Please update us on the fix.
2021-5-8
Use props
srcrain
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Denis9 Posted at 5-8 03:21
Very interesting topic !
Please update us on the fix.

I am sure it needs to be sent in and fixed or replaced.  It is clearly defective.  I actually may just live with it and not send it in.  I worry about the turnaround time for a replacement.I don't want to be without the drone for a month or more.  I have flown probably around 40 packs and had various gimbal issues 3 times.  This was the first really bad one.  Other times it was a quick up and down reset.  And back to normal.  Video doesn't really matter to me because I am just using it as a fun flyer not to get video footage.  I have a Mavic 2 for that.
2021-5-8
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

When the gimbal freaked out, did you try adjusting it (with the smooth control dial, or the 3-position toggle)  to see if that did anything?

Also, how did you eventually land? Initiate RTH?
2021-5-8
Use props
srcrain
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Buster1 Posted at 5-8 05:00
When the gimbal freaked out, did you try adjusting it (with the smooth control dial, or the 3-position toggle)  to see if that did anything?

Also, how did you eventually land? Initiate RTH?

I did both - the gimbal dial and the 3 position switch - both did nothing.  I was only a few feet away so I took off the goggles and landed it manually.  If it was farther away I assume the RTH would have worked.
2021-5-8
Use props
srcrain
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I think this is related but I don't know for sure.  On my next flight after the gimbal issue I noticed that most of my settings were reset to default.  Imperial was back to metric, the custom keys were changed back to default, etc.  This is now more worrisome than just the gimbal acting weird.  It now seems like the flight controller is defective.  This could cause a crash or flyaway and may put the drone if a dangerous situation.
FYI - The drone has not had a crash, hard landing, or anything that would have jarred or damaged the internals.
2021-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules