Aircraft detected - Mavic Air 2 without ADS-B
1960 7 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a Mavic Air 2 drone, and for the first time last week, I got a message on screen saying 'Aircraft detected nearby' (or similar) while I was flying. There was indeed a small plane nearby.

However, I am pretty sure my drone bought in the UK in June 2020 doesn't have an ADS-B receiver...

So how am I getting a warning???
2021-5-6
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Hard to get an ADS-B warning without it

Can you check your model number?  Remove the battery and look at the sticker there.

ADS-B model is MA2UE3W
Non ADS-B is MA2UE1N

2021-5-6
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow I guess that's good and bad depending on your perspective. Many have bought the Air 2S to get ADS-B. If you don't like the warnings, you can always disable AirSense.  

But yea I would check the model as I recall Air 2 in the UK did not receive AiDS-B (AirSense).
2021-5-6
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

RobZilla Posted at 5-6 11:23
Wow I guess that's good and bad depending on your perspective. Many have bought the Air 2S to get ADS-B. If you don't like the warnings, you can always disable AirSense.  

But yea I would check the model as I recall Air 2 in the UK did not receive AiDS-B (AirSense).

One big question? Airsense is NOT active in the Fly app in Europe. ADS-B receiver in the MA2 or not. Very strange… Or you need to use the hacked Fly version?
2021-5-6
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

EmpieDrone Posted at 5-6 12:56
One big question? Airsense is NOT active in the Fly app in Europe. ADS-B receiver in the MA2 or not. Very strange… Or you need to use the hacked Fly version?

Fly app works with both the MA2 and A2S, so Airsense is  enabled from the drone side.
2021-5-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Latest app and fw upgrade maybe?
THB I wish I had Airsence several times, when I met small airplanes and copters.
2021-5-7
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

RobZilla Posted at 5-6 13:39
Fly app works with both the MA2 and A2S, so Airsense is  enabled from the drone side.

In Europe ADS-B only works with Air2S. NOT with the MA2. With the MA2 it is NOT possible to select ADS-B to be loud and very clear... (I still hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure...) Anyway I'm checking on the https://globe.adsbexchange.com site all the planes & heli's .. But for Belgium only? 20% has ADS-B. It's almost standard for the bigger planes flying on 10000ft or something. The smaller planes and helicopters with ADS-B are very rare....
2021-5-7
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JEZ2 Posted at 5-6 09:44
Hard to get an ADS-B warning without it

Model is N, so without ADS-B.

So why I got a warning on the app is unknown then??? Maybe the app is getting its data from other sources??
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules