1618 9 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope I'm not hijacking someone elses thread but I've had the Air 2S for several weeks and noticed that it takes a significantly longer time to get enough satellites compared to all my other DJI drones. Anyone else experiencing this? It takes even longer if I try flying at a new spot but even when I try taking off in my backyard numerous times, it can take 2-3 minutes to capture 12 satellites. Also, I can fly further with my Mavic Air 2 without losing a signal compared to the 2S. I may have to get a repair ticket going.
thumbnail.jpeg
fleet of 5.2.jpeg
2021-5-6
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I didn't mean to attach these pictures of my other Drones
2021-5-6
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-6 10:24
I didn't mean to attach these pictures of my other Drones

Yea right, show off!    Lol just kidding, nice collection!

As for the long time to acquire sats, anything in the logs? Maybe post 1 flight log. Does the Air 2 do the same thing in the same location? If not yea contact DJI support.
2021-5-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the many props in the second photo is not staged ;-)

Are the settings the same for both a2's?

2021-5-6
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

Yes!! It does!
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Flormo2002. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about your experience. Please update/refresh your DJI Air 2S firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)  then perform another test.
2021-5-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 01:56
Hi, Flormo2002. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about your experience. Please update/refresh your DJI Air 2S firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)  then perform another test.

Now I have another issue. After refreshing Air 2S firmware through DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), I get the "Unable to take off (code: 30064)" error.
I've looked online for help and nothing solves this problem. I tried flying my Air 2 in the same location in my backyard and works fine. Any solution?
2021-5-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-7 07:50
Now I have another issue. After refreshing Air 2S firmware through DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), I get the "Unable to take off (code: 30064)" error.
I've looked online for help and nothing solves this problem. I tried flying my Air 2 in the same location in my backyard and works fine. Any solution?

I was hoping to get an answer by this time. Now I have a boat anchor instead of my latest Drone but I'm sure there is a simple solution but I don't know what it is at this point.
2021-5-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Both ot those are normal behavior for this drone.

It needs about 12 satellites and takes about one minute or two, and  as for the range... there isn't any official statement, but O3.0 has quite an erratic behavior, so we are waiting for an update.

So until they fix it expect better signal range for both the Air 2  and the Mavic 2 (and even the Mini 2 in some scenarios).
2021-5-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-7 17:25
Both ot those are normal behavior for this drone.

It needs about 12 satellites and takes about one minute or two, and  as for the range... there isn't any official statement, but O3.0 has quite an erratic behavior, so we are waiting for an update.

I shouldn't have followed the advice of "DJI Gamora" by asking me to update with Assistant 2 which created another problem with "unable to take off". This all started when I had the issue of taking several minutes to get enough satellites to take off. I'm confident they'll come up with a fix because too many people now are having the same issue.
2021-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules