Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV DRONE SPECTATOR MODE
6767 21 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davenubnet.co.uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2133707 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When using the DJI FPV Drone, and you have spectator mode on, and some one is watching, are they getting the signal from the Drone, or re transmitted from my Goggles ?

2021-5-7
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

It's from the drone. There would be too much overhead for the goggles to both receive and transmit video.
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, davenubnet.co.uk. Thanks for reaching out! Duane is right. The signal will come from the DJI FPV Drone even under Spectators Mode.
2021-5-7
Use props
davenubnet.co.uk
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it’s receiving the same signal the pilot is receiving, then why is the quality so poor ?
Don’t get me wrong, some times we get a perfect feed, but the majority of the time, it’s unwatchable
2021-5-9
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
United States

davenubnet.co.uk Posted at 5-9 00:25
If it’s receiving the same signal the pilot is receiving, then why is the quality so poor ?
Don’t get me wrong, some times we get a perfect feed, but the majority of the time, it’s unwatchable

"some times we get a perfect feed, but the majority of the time, it’s unwatchable"

The spectator needs to orient the antenna correctly to get a good image.

I've used two sets of goggles a few times and the spectator's goggles have always looked fine.

One thing to consider is the goggles send reception quality information back to the drone. The drone adjust various parameters based on this information. I'm pretty sure the drone is only receiving this information from the master goggles. In cases where transmission quality is borderline quality, the drone will optimize the signal for the master goggles. Poor reception from the audience goggles is likely not reported to the drone.

I'm just guessing about the signal quality parameters but it seems reasonable to me.

That said, make sure the antenna are screwed all the way in. I've noticed the antenna have a tendency to work loose.

It would be interesting to hear if the quality problems stay with the spectator's goggles if the opposite goggles are bound to the drone. Do the goggles you're presently using in spectator mode work well when it is the master?
2021-5-9
Use props
davenubnet.co.uk
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 5-9 09:41
"some times we get a perfect feed, but the majority of the time, it’s unwatchable"

The spectator needs to orient the antenna correctly to get a good image.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, But in total we have used 6 different goggles, in four different pairs.
The orientation is correct, the aerials are screwed in correctly.
This distance can be less than 10 meters with bad reception.
Its just completely in consistence, with quality.
2021-5-9
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
United States

davenubnet.co.uk Posted at 5-9 23:40
Thank you for taking the time to reply, But in total we have used 6 different goggles, in four different pairs.
The orientation is correct, the aerials are screwed in correctly.
This distance can be less than 10 meters with bad reception.

"we have used 6 different goggles, in four different pairs."

That sounds like a pretty good sample size.

If/when you investigate this more, I hope you share what you find.

2021-5-10
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 900699 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello
your discussion interests me enormously.

I wish to make animations with several helmets and you have already answered my question on the signal transmitted to the spectators.
Can you tell me how many masks can be connected at the same time with the DJI FPV?

What if the quality is really poor from 3/4/5?

Thank you
6D8451BD-3540-47D8-8C7C-19298C2D886E.jpeg
2021-5-10
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

steforru Posted at 5-10 12:22
Hello
your discussion interests me enormously.

I have only used two at a time, the pilot and one spectator, so can not answer your question. the results are inconsistent, mainly very poor, but we have had good times too, with perfect reception.
2021-5-13
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think People have misunderstood your question. There is no spectator mode on the DJI FPV drone. The DJI FPV goggles will allow spectator mode fom the FPV Goggles air unit. The only view capability for the DJI FPV DRONE is the cable from the Goggles to a smart device.
2021-5-13
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

This function does not exist.
2021-5-13
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 23:45
Hi, davenubnet.co.uk. Thanks for reaching out! Duane is right. The signal will come from the DJI FPV Drone even under Spectators Mode.

Gamora,

You have misread the question. This function does not exist on the DJI FPV done. Its an FPV Goggles with FPV Goggle Air unit function.

Those of you that are having issues I would suggest you use the Optional AIR unit antennas available for the air unit from DJI.
2021-5-13
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 5-13 03:55
This function does not exist.

Yes it does, I've used it many many times
2021-5-13
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 5-13 04:01
Gamora,

You have misread the question. This function does not exist on the DJI FPV done. Its an FPV Goggles with FPV Goggle Air unit function.

bjr981s    You have this wrong.    Under transmission, the pilot can allow spectators.
2021-5-13
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-13 03:53
I think People have misunderstood your question. There is no spectator mode on the DJI FPV drone. The DJI FPV goggles will allow spectator mode fom the FPV Goggles air unit. The only view capability for the DJI FPV DRONE is the cable from the Goggles to a smart device.

"There is no spectator mode on the DJI FPV drone."
As Captain Dave has said, this is not true.

I have two of the new DPV Drones and I've used both goggles to watch video from one drone many times. The spectator goggles even get the heads up data seen in the master goggles.
2021-5-13
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Duane Degn Posted at 5-13 13:22
"There is no spectator mode on the DJI FPV drone."
As Captain Dave has said, this is not true.

Then how do you connect the second set off Goggles?
The goggles have to be bound to the aircraft and according to the instructions the drone support only 1 bind.

The Channel mode of the goggles only work for spectators when using the Air module.

Can you confirm how you bind the second set of goggles? I have not been able to achieve that.

2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-16 00:47
Then how do you connect the second set off Goggles?
The goggles have to be bound to the aircraft and according to the instructions the drone support only 1 bind.

You don't need to bind the second set (assuming the second set has the correct firmware).

The master needs to be set to "Pilot" and "Broadcast" needs to be enabled. This is found in the "Transmission" menu (IIRC).
The audience goggles should be set to "Audience" and then the appropriate transmitting drone needs to be be selected from the menu. I've only seen one option listed here since I've only had one drone broadcasting at a time.
I don't know if it matters, but I've always left "channel" set to auto on both sets of goggles. I've read in another post that this can be important.

The audience goggles need to be in the correct mode. The goggles don't need to be bound to the new FPV drone but they need to be in the mode where the goggles can communicate with the new drone. Apparently this is different than the FPV Digital Systems mode. (I don't know the exact menu selection.)

If the V2 goggles were purchased without the new FPV drone, it might need to be temporarily paired to the new drone in order to install the latest firmware.

I have two V2 goggles but they both came with the new FPV drone. I've used these goggles in audience mode several times.

If you still have trouble getting audience mode to work, one of the goggles might need to have their firmware upgraded. You might find some useful information in this thread.

V1 goggles can not be used as audience goggles with the new FPV drone. The V1 goggles don't have the required hardware.
2021-5-16
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Duane Degn Posted at 5-16 08:54
You don't need to bind the second set (assuming the second set has the correct firmware).

The master needs to be set to "Pilot" and "Broadcast" needs to be enabled. This is found in the "Transmission" menu (IIRC).

Avez vous aussi une mauvaise qualité sur les lunettes spectateurs.
J’ai 2 paires spectateurs et dès que je m’éloigne la qualité est vraiment mauvaise pour eux contrairement à moi qui pilote.

Pensez vous qu’en  changeant les antennes spectateurs ça pourrait améliorer leur qualité ?
2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
United States

steforru Posted at 5-16 09:17
Avez vous aussi une mauvaise qualité sur les lunettes spectateurs.
J’ai 2 paires spectateurs et dès que je m’éloigne la qualité est vraiment mauvaise pour eux contrairement à moi qui pilote.

Translated from French:
"Do you also have poor quality on the spectator glasses.
I have 2 pairs of spectators and as soon as I go away the quality is really bad for them unlike me who is driving.

Do you think that changing the spectator antennas could improve their quality?"

I've heard other people complain about the video quality of the audience goggles.

I've only tested audience mode when the drone was close to myself and the observer.  This is likely why I didn't notice any problem.
My wife doesn't like to wear the goggles so she usually watches on an Android tablet. This is why I haven't tested audience mode very well.

I don't know if changing antennas would improve things. From the various test results I've seen, the original antenna work pretty well compared with the other options.

Here's a good antenna testing video.

2021-5-16
Use props
steforru
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Merci pour votre retour

J'ai vu beaucoup de vidéos mais c'était avec Air Unit et ça augmente la réception significativement donc je me demande, si je change les antennes de mes 3 paires, est-ce que la qualité des spectateurs ne s'améliorerait  pas.
2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
United States

steforru Posted at 5-16 10:41
Merci pour votre retour

J'ai vu beaucoup de vidéos mais c'était avec Air Unit et ça augmente la réception significativement donc je me demande, si je change les antennes de mes 3 paires, est-ce que la qualité des spectateurs ne s'améliorerait  pas.

From French:
"Thanks for your feedback
I saw a lot of videos but it was with Air Unit and it increases the reception significantly so I wonder, if I change the antennas of my 3 pairs, wouldn't the quality of the spectators improve."

There might be some antennas which would improve the range but I think the new antennas need to be manufactured specifically for the V2 goggles. The V1 goggles used circular polarized antennas but the V2 goggles are not circularly polarized. Make sure you purchase the correct type of antenna.

In case you haven't seen it, This video shows the insides of goggles antennas.

2021-5-16
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Duane Degn Posted at 5-16 08:54

Thanks for your advice Duane. I will try and follow the instructions.

Does DJI have a tutorial on this?
2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules