12Next >
12086 55 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

Sorry to post a support puzzler as my first-ever post.  But this is what I'm seeing on my screen.  All the firmware has been refreshed, both through the DJI Assistant app and the DJI Fly app.  But this remains.  Happens as soon as I get the drone out in the world.

Hopefully the picture came through OK.  In case it didn't -- I have a red banner in the lower-right (where all the error messages appear) that says "fly safe database error"

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance...

Mike

IMG_9634 copy.jpg
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Just to verify, did you refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant2 before the "Flysafe database error" occurs? If not, please confirm whether you had manually updated the [aircraft safety database] on the app? At the same time, the below information is needed:
1.Screenshot of the [About] page of the goggles V2, need to see the version number of the aircraft [Flysafe Database];
2.Take Aircraft to connect to the DA2 to export the Controller Aircraft Data,choose "Log Export";
3.The specific time node when  "Flysafe database error" appears.
Please upload the logs to Dropbox or Googles Drive and then share the link with me. Thanks.

2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_LErdZtsYSHOJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129577 ft

United States

There a lot of pilots that are experiencing this same issue. As I have read from multiple threads this isn't app based or even OS based issue. Iphone or Android we are all having this issue after DJI sent out the update. I installed from the app but others have done so through the DJI Assistant v2. Still waiting on DJI's response but there hasn't been ANY word from DJI
2021-5-8
Use props
Belkoning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89196 ft
United States

Hi Mike,

Exactly the same issue overhere in the Netherlands since yesterday. Als did the same workaround with the same result: nothing at all. Hope DJI will come with a quick fix. I want to give in to my newest addiction.

Cheers,
Dagmar
2021-5-8
Use props
SuperN0va
lvl.1

France

Same problem in France !!
2021-5-8
Use props
fans667507b4
lvl.1
Germany

Same same here in Germany... Problem occured yesterday after updating with DJI Assistant 2.
2021-5-8
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

This is really interesting.  And reassuring, in a way.  It seems likely that DJI will get back from the weekend and see these posts.  It would be interesting to see if we can find a common thread between us.  

The thing that may have triggered it for me was when I went back through the firmware-updates to bring a couple of new batteries into the mix.  My drone was working fine on the newest firmware, but it was throwing an error that the batteries needed to be updated as well.  It was after the battery-related update that things broke.  Did all of us update with new batteries?  That would be a good clue for the DJI folks if it was true.

2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_O8ILBMEYFFdh
lvl.1
United States

OConnorStP Posted at 5-8 14:57
Hi all,

This is really interesting.  And reassuring, in a way.  It seems likely that DJI will get back from the weekend and see these posts.  It would be interesting to see if we can find a common thread between us.  

Not pretty much sure since I am the new user, but I do believe you can send them your log file and that would be much more helpful.
2021-5-8
Use props
SuperN0va
lvl.1

France

OConnorStP Posted at 5-8 14:57
Hi all,

Me, it's by updating the firmware on the DJI Fly ios application.
2021-5-8
Use props
Belkoning
lvl.1
Netherlands

I don’t think there is another common tread except then updating the firmware. In my case I was advised by DJI support  to update to get rid of  “maybe some old fallen bits and bytes”. After the firmware upgrade was successfully completed, the “upgrade fly save database” sign showed up. Also ran that one. I can’t tell if the database corruption arose after the firmware upgrade or the fly safe database update. Ran both updates immediately after each other. Did’nt start motors or flew after the firmware update.
2021-5-9
Use props
Belkoning
lvl.1
Netherlands

Btw did all with assistant 2.
2021-5-9
Use props
fans667507b4
lvl.1
Germany

I have that problem after battery firmware update.
2021-5-9
Use props
gHKvZc77zXQZv_QdxQjzsA0
New

Australia

Yep, murphies a prick! Ive always updated the firmware with my mobile, it's been quicker & easier

I went out of my way to try the DJI FPV Assistant 2 yesterday, see if it had any extra settings or features, After up I Got The Sleeping Lions... Should have listen to my dad.
If it Ain't broken... Dont Try'n Fix it.
.. after reading this thread and what happened there's one thing I'm oing
I

I
2021-5-9
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

Hey folks,

Let's swing over to this thread.  No reason to have two parallel threads going.  Here's the link:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-242040-1-1.html

Mike (original poster)
2021-5-9
Use props
YannisKal
lvl.1

Greece

Same problem to Greece  
2021-5-9
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

Toronto, Canada location same issues. Perfect AD for DJI, Redefined not to fly!!!
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_g3FXtd0pjGFf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4898 ft
Canada

Canada here - fired up a FPV I got for my birthday today.  Flysafe db error.  Well we flew safe (not at all)
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1049111 ft
Canada

Toronto Canada same
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp
lvl.1

Thailand

Same problem here in Thailand on a new drone. Ridiculous. Screw this Flysafe database
2021-5-10
Use props
MUC_Kilian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196368 ft
Germany

Also got the Problem here in Germany, just contacted the DJI support and hoping for the best
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_72PsbnPdFqbp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549993 ft
United Kingdom

UK.. Same for me Feeling pi**ed off with Dji .
Fly safe database error
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_xsDzYhQGyps6
New

United Kingdom

Just received an update from DJI

I am sorry that you cannot roll back the Flysafe Database to the old version, but we have confirmed that a new version of Flysafe database will be released within 3 business days, at which time you will just need to update the database to resolve the issue. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated.
Unquote

Just sharing as someone may find this information useful
2021-5-10
Use props
amille67
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_xsDzYhQGyps6 Posted at 5-10 05:07
Just received an update from DJI

So 3 days from now?
2021-5-10
Use props
X64TNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446171 ft
United States

i cant wait 3 days
im like a little kid with this thing lol
2021-5-10
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-9 19:33
Hi there, sorry for the issue. Just to verify, did you refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant2 before the "Flysafe database error" occurs? If not, please confirm whether you had manually updated the [aircraft safety database] on the app? At the same time, the below information is needed: 1.Screenshot of the [About] page of the goggles V2, need to see the version number of the aircraft [Flysafe Database];2.Take Aircraft to connect to the DA2 to export the Controller Aircraft Data,choose "Log Export";3.The specific time node when  "Flysafe database error" appears.Please upload the logs to Dropbox or Googles Drive and then share the link with me. Thanks.

Hi Natalia,

Great to hear from you.  Sorry about the slow reply.  

Yes, I had updated firmware with DJI Assistant 2 just before the database-error problem started.  

I have attached a screenshot with the Database iD (01.00.01.21).  

But when I launched the DJI Assistant 2 to collect the log information it immediately presented this "Support the update of the new Fly Safe Database of DJI, which includes the updates of global NFZ" (screenshot attached).

Time node -- the database error message appears as soon as the drone connects to GPS.

This looks like good news!  But I wanted to check with you and ask whether I should proceed with that update or not.  I'm hopeful!  :-)

Thanks,

Mike

DJI Flysafe ID.jpg
DJI Assistant 2 screen - update Fly Safe Database.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-10 15:35
Hi Natalia,

Great to hear from you.  Sorry about the slow reply.  

I did that update and wasnt useful at all, the file is still corrupted.
2021-5-10
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 16:57
I did that update and wasnt useful at all, the file is still corrupted.

Dang!  Sorry to hear that...

Thanks for the report.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-10 17:33
Dang!  Sorry to hear that...

Thanks for the report.

Is yours fixed and up and running?
2021-5-10
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 18:08
Is yours fixed and up and running?

No.  I'm a coward -- I decided to wait and see if that screen meant that it would work.  It doesn't seem to make any difference.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-10 18:14
No.  I'm a coward -- I decided to wait and see if that screen meant that it would work.  It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Nahh, you arent a coward. Just trying to help a fellow man with his drone.
2021-5-10
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Similar problem on DJI AIR 2s.
Different error but same problem:  drone cannot take off.

Pay attention on updating flysafe database.
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-10 18:14

Just FYI for you and everyone!

Firmware VS Fly Safely Data
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2481094
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-11 00:30
Similar problem on DJI AIR 2s.
Different error but same problem:  drone cannot take off.

Anything that has GPS drone guidence flight control that has DJI safely data will be in the same situation.

Firmware Vs Fly Safely Data
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2481094
2021-5-11
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 05:58
Anything that has GPS drone guidence flight control that has DJI safely data will be in the same situation.

Firmware Vs Fly Safely Data

Yes you're right. I wrote similar things in AIR2s forum.

We are waiting for an update....
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW
lvl.2
Canada

Anybody able to fly just yet I noticed there was an update so I re-updated all my devices for the fpv I was unsuccessful
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-11 09:25
Anybody able to fly just yet I noticed there was an update so I re-updated all my devices for the fpv I was unsuccessful

Successful as in updating it or successful as in flying it?
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW
lvl.2
Canada

I was successful with the updates everything was fine apparently it was an update for today but unaccessful to fly same error fly safe data air
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-11 09:25

Got my answer, old update you got.
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW
lvl.2
Canada

So to be clear. There is no update at this time?
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-11 10:16
So to be clear. There is no update at this time?

No not at all, if you do inform as ASAP with successful flight take off!

But you may have to really wait longer than you think. Better explain on my previous post on https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... tid=242304#lastpost[/url]
2021-5-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules