Help With Failed Bluetooth Connection
3025 9 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

As you can see from the screenshots below I've successfully paired my iPhone (iOS 14.5.1) and Smart Controller (V01.01.0040).  However when I attempt to transfer files from the Smart Controller to the iPhone the transfer fails.  As you can see from the screenshot of the Outbound Transfers there's a message stating "Screenshot_20210429-133231.png Chuck's iPhone Connection unsuccessful."  It's giving me this message in spite of the fact that the 2 devices are clearly paired.  Can someone from DJI or perhaps another forum user make any suggestions as to how I can clear up this Bluetooth connection issue? Thanks!  Oh, not sure if it's relevant but I'm using the Smart Controller with the Air 2S.

iPhone Paired

iPhone Paired

Smart Controller Paired

Smart Controller Paired

Connection Unsuccessful

Connection Unsuccessful
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Chuck Campfield. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, only Android devices can transfer files via Bluetooth when using the DJI Smart Controller.
2021-5-10
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 03:26
Hi, Chuck Campfield. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, only Android devices can transfer files via Bluetooth when using the DJI Smart Controller.

Thanks for the information. Are there any plans to support iOS and Bluetooth transfers with the Smart Controller at some point in the future?
2021-5-10
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-10 05:23
Thanks for the information. Are there any plans to support iOS and Bluetooth transfers with the Smart Controller at some point in the future?

Once I tried to transfer some photos from my friend's Android phone to my iPhone with no avail. As far as I remember after some research we found out that iOS doesn't allow bluetooth file transfer from an Android device, so I'm afraid that DJI can't do anything about it.
2021-5-10
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 5-10 07:48
Once I tried to transfer some photos from my friend's Android phone to my iPhone with no avail. As far as I remember after some research we found out that iOS doesn't allow bluetooth file transfer from an Android device, so I'm afraid that DJI can't do anything about it.

That's really a shame.  Would be nice if these companies would play nice with each other for the sake of the consumer.
2021-5-10
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-10 09:41
That's really a shame.  Would be nice if these companies would play nice with each other for the sake of the consumer.

We all know that Apple is paranoid. If you want to do something simple like transfering pictures to another OS, you have to use their spying software like iTunes and so on which bothers you like every day with updates and multiple background processes. It's a pain in the a$$.
2021-5-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It works with DJI Go 4 App on your phone. Go to Editor and than GoShare. Scan the QR with your camera app to connect over wlan. Works great.
2021-5-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

FloridaNext Posted at 5-10 10:29
We all know that Apple is paranoid. If you want to do something simple like transfering pictures to another OS, you have to use their spying software like iTunes and so on which bothers you like every day with updates and multiple background processes. It's a pain in the a$$.

Was wolltest du uns sagen?.
2021-5-10
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

DaMa Posted at 5-10 11:51
Was wolltest du uns sagen?.
Apple ios is just a closed environment. IOS is good to share within the apple range, but is a pain in the ass to share data to other operating systems.
As long you stay within the apple environment everything goes smoothly.

It was even dreadful to get pictures from my linux nas onto my ipad. Linux, microsoft windows, android, they all exchange data seamlessly.
Apple IOS however is closed to the outside world of other environments.
DJI isn't to blame here.
2021-5-10
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 5-10 20:45
Apple ios is just a closed environment. IOS is good to share within the apple range, but is a pain in the ass to share data to other operating systems.
As long you stay within the apple environment everything goes smoothly.

You are absolutely right. Can Chuck help to bear the pain better. Switching to Android is the easiest solution. But there are also others ...
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules