903 4 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patdig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276099 ft
United States

Can you cache more than 1 map?
If I cache a map at my home in Vancouver, WA then drive to a wilderness area 75 miles from Vancouver, and there is no Wi-Fi, should the map still be in the cache?

Or do I cache the map of the area I'm heading to.

Today I went to area near Cougar WA. I had no wifi, and no map. Had 12 GPS Sat’s. Clear for takeoff.

After takeoff, I hovered for a few minutes, I never heard the voice message “Your home pointed as been updated, check in on the map”.

Am I to assume no map, no home point?
I tried to searh this forum, no results.
I could not find anything in the Mavi Mini book.

2021-5-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

I believe that if you have GPS signal, then when ever you take off, that is registered as your new home point. You could test by just flying off a bit and hit RTH and watch where drone heads, does it come back?
2021-5-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Concur.  Home point gets updated just fine with no cell coverage.  I also just pulled up a flight from the flight Data Center on my phone for a flight while on a camping trip that was miles outside cell coverage.  A few seconds after takeoff, the display shows "Home Point has been updated".  I also pushed the RTH button on several flights while on that camping trip and the Mini came back to me just fine.
2021-5-9
Use props
patdig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276099 ft
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 5-9 16:21
I believe that if you have GPS signal, then when ever you take off, that is registered as your new home point. You could test by just flying off a bit and hit RTH and watch where drone heads, does it come back?

Did you have a map?
2021-5-10
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

patdig Posted at 5-10 03:51
Did you have a map?

No sir, I did not
2021-5-10
Use props