893 1 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I visited the "Perspectives" aerial photography world tour exhibit by DJI. It was very good, with awesome DJI aerial photographs shot by Skypixel members being auctioned off for charity. Worth attending if the show arrives in your city.

The thing that stood out for me was that most descriptions by the photographers began with something like "I was worried that I would be stopped by the authorities while flying, so I...", and of course there were lots of techniques like "arrived early in the morning" or "limited my flight to 60 seconds" or some other evasive measure. You can't help but conclude that us UAV flyers are pursuing an art form that we increasingly feel guilty about and perform in a state of paranoia. And yet when you see the amazing photographic results, it is so worth doing.

image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-7-18
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Thank you for sharing:

"The thing that stood out for me was that most descriptions by the photographers began with something like "I was worried that I would be stopped by the authorities while flying, so I...", and of course there were lots of techniques like "arrived early in the morning" or "limited my flight to 60 seconds" or some other evasive measure. You can't help but conclude that us UAV flyers are pursuing an art form that we increasingly feel guilty about and perform in a state of paranoia..."

How true!

The "paranoia" is something most of us on the Forum can identify with. UAV rules/laws are in a state of flux. It's sometimes difficult to know when/where we can or, cannot fly.

More important, it's not a safe way to fly if you're worried about the "law" coming down on you at any moment. You rush, things get over looked, etc., that's how accidents happen.

Learning to deal with the "paranoia" as best you can, is a vital part of being a safe pilot.

2015-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules